Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    saucerking is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    170

    Help! I keep falling asleep when I get home from work? How to stop?

    Well I come home from work everyday around 11 pm. The problem is, I will sit on a couch and fall asleep very quickly because of how tired I am.

    This is a huge problem because I miss my meals that I am supposed to be eating after work. Which is about 2000 calories worth...

    Is there any way I can stop myself from falling asleep when I get home?? I was actually debating on taking caffeine pills right when I got home.

  2. #2
    InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,259
    get home, while food is being prepped do some cardio, it will sure wake you up, take cold shower and have your meals, how about that? Caffeine will do you more harm then good at this late hour and it takes time to clear too. How about eating big in the mornings vs then at night?

  3. #3
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    2000 cals meal before go to bed???

  4. #4
    Livinlean's Avatar
    Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,071
    Insanemuscle brought up a couple good ideas for you. How about giving us a layout of your typical day... for example what time you get up, when you go to work etc. Might be easier to give advice after knowing what your schedule is like.

  5. #5
    saucerking is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    get home, while food is being prepped do some cardio, it will sure wake you up, take cold shower and have your meals, how about that? Caffeine will do you more harm then good at this late hour and it takes time to clear too. How about eating big in the mornings vs then at night?
    I may do the shower thing. Cardio possibly. Hopefully that will work.

    I eat 4500 calories a day. I already eat 2000 calories in the morning. Then I go to work, eat a small 500 calorie meal as that's all I have time for, then eat another 2000 when I get home.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    2000 cals meal before go to bed???
    Yes? It's honestly easy to do when I'm not tired. It's not that much lol.

  6. #6
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,577
    How's your thyroid?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  7. #7
    mietek is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    509
    it is natural thing to go to sleep this is when your body recovers and grows most.

  8. #8
    Cody95's Avatar
    Cody95 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by saucerking View Post
    Well I come home from work everyday around 11 pm. The problem is, I will sit on a couch and fall asleep very quickly because of how tired I am.

    This is a huge problem because I miss my meals that I am supposed to be eating after work. Which is about 2000 calories worth...

    Is there any way I can stop myself from falling asleep when I get home?? I was actually debating on taking caffeine pills right when I got home.
    Dude its 11:00 when you get home. I'm 20 and I go to bed earlier then that....

  9. #9
    saucerking is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    How's your thyroid?
    It's fine

    Quote Originally Posted by mietek View Post
    it is natural thing to go to sleep this is when your body recovers and grows most.
    Yeah well it can't grow when I fall sleep and I'm 2000 calories short.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody95 View Post
    Dude its 11:00 when you get home. I'm 20 and I go to bed earlier then that....
    Ok?

  10. #10
    Cody95's Avatar
    Cody95 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by saucerking View Post

    It's fine

    Yeah well it can't grow when I fall sleep and I'm 2000 calories short.

    Ok?
    Just eat more when you wake up, you can easily put down 1000 calories and snack throughout the day.

  11. #11
    Steve051 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    19
    I think you may need to get better sleep each night to begin with. I mean a solid 8hrs and get a more solid carbohydrate intake during the day. Pack fresh fruit like banana , apple, oranges and nibble on them during the day and have one before you leave work. Finally, make sure you are getting plenty of fluids like water and not just coffe or milk.

    If you dont like the taste of water then eat more oranges.

    If all else fails when you get home get some dencorub and smear it on each testicle on the side. That should help keep you awake. Otherwise, you may need to tell a doctor and get a blood test.
    Last edited by Steve051; 06-05-2016 at 05:18 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •