Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DGenRit

Thread: Does AAS Result in Lower IGF-1 Levels? Weird BW Results

DGenRit is offline Associate Member

Does AAS Result in Lower IGF-1 Levels? Weird BW Results

I recently did blood work and my IGF-1 levels are lower than usual - IGF-1 came back at 251 taking 5IU ED of Seros Pharma HGH. I have been on that dosage for 8 months - before that it was 2.5IU ED for several years.

I did BW about 12 weeks ago (also taking 5IU ED) and got an IGF-1 reading of 501. That is double the reading of what I just got with the same dosage.

THe only thing I can think of is that the cycle I am on currently is effecting my IGF-1 levels. Is this possible?

Since the initial test with the higher reading, I have started a cycle of:

140MG Tren A EOD
    125MG Sust EOD
    170MG Mast EOD
    50MG Winny (troches) ED (added recently)
    5IU Seros HGH ED

.50MG AI EOD (was taking ED and jsut lowered)
    .25MG Caber 2xWeek (just discontinued due to low prolactin levels in BW)
    250IU HCG 2xWeek

Does being on any of these compounds affect IGF-1 levels? What other explanation would there be? Both times I drew blood 1 hour after HGH injection.

I do NOT have prior blood work at 5IU dosage but did look back at some old bloodwork and found the following readings while I was taking 2-3IU per day - granted they are from 7 years ago when I was younger.

NOV 2008 - 269
    MAR 2009 - 396
    SEP 2009 - 350

So now I'm getting a lower reading with a higher dosage (5IU vs 2-3IU)

I am currently 48 years old, 220 pounds, 7/8%BF.

Thanks for any input or knowledge.
    Last edited by DGenRit; 06-07-2016 at 02:43 PM.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    I did read few places before that too much AI will cause IGF to drop

DGenRit is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    I did read few places before that too much AI will cause IGF to drop
    I just picked this up on another forum:

Anti-Estrogens And IGF-1 Production
    GH (Growth Hormone ) is like a master hormone for tissue growth and fat regulation due to its own intrinsic qualities and its propensity to be converted into or trigger the production and release of Growth Factors. Of these Growth Factors, one of the best known in regard to muscle growth is IGF-1 (Insulin -Like Growth Factor-1).

As most are aware by now, IGF-1 is a powerful anabolic and anti-catabolic hormone. Whether in pre-contest mode or packing on the mass, the amount of circulating and stored IGF-1 an athlete maintains plays a powerful role in the results achieved. Obviously as IGF-1 levels decrease so does the potential for packing on the beef, and the amount of lean tissue lost during calorie-restricted periods increases as well. (Not good)

Estrogen, and more so estradiol, can trigger GH release from the pituitary gland. Aromatase inhibitors decrease the amount of circulating estrogen/estradiol and estrogen receptor antagonist keep estrogen out of the specific pituitary receptors. So in many regards the use of anti-estrogens can effect IGF-1 production and in some cases affect the number of IGF-1 receptors our tissues posses.

Conclusion:

Anti estrogen stuff affect a lot the IGF1 level. But the conversion of hgh to igf is only a small aspect of the benefits of hgh. You still can get benefits of the fat loss ,anti aging ,better recovery and good sleep etc But the amount of cell proliferation will be minimized due to the lack of igf. To counter this you would have to administer insulin with the hgh so that igf can form in the liver. But this is only necessary if the goal of using the hgh was muscle gain. Otherwise fat loss wont be affected and most people wouldnt even notice unless they had bloods to prove. Its a very small difference. Almost unnoticeable. Thats likely why he thought he would get 550 on igf.
    InternalFire likes this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Cabergoline too can put a toll on endogenous GH release, it is used clinically for pituitary GH-secreting adenomas.

HGH is pulsed throughout the day with the biggest pulse coming during REM sleep. With such a short half life, I wonder if part of the difference in your IGF-1 reading is due to the pulse cycle and when you pinned the HGH. Just a thought.

Thread Information