jamal123 is offline Junior Member

Noob question- How much units is 1ml on a 1cc - U100 -SLIN PIN???

as title sais i cant seem to understand the amount of units i should pull to get 1ml of bac water

would it be 100? but then thats as long as it goes?? so i fill the whole syringe up dosn't sound right

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    0.1ml = 10units

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Yes, 100 units on a slin pin = 1mL.

Why don't you tell us what you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to reconstitute something and need to calculate the concentration?

yeah im trying to put 1ml of bac water into my tb500 powder so i just fill the whole slin pin to 100units and recon?

Quote Originally Posted by jamal123 View Post
    yeah im trying to put 1ml of bac water into my tb500 powder so i just fill the whole slin pin to 100units and recon?
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Correct
    Ty. I did that and then tried to withdraw the tb500 but i coudnt get the full amount in the syringe there was still a bit in the vial and i coudnt fit it in even after i tried to just pull in the left in the vial the needle wont suck it in and im tilting it upside down just wont get that amount so i ended up losing some. How do i make this not happen again?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Ty. I did that and then tried to withdraw the tb500 but i coudnt get the full amount in the syringe there was still a bit in the vial and i coudnt fit it in even after i tried to just pull in the left in the vial the needle wont suck it in and im tilting it upside down just wont get that amount so i ended up losing some. How do i make this not happen again?
    You need to equalize the pressure inside the vial with the pressure of the atmosphere.

Numbere gave you good advice on this. On another note, what you're saying tells me that you're pinning the whole amount of the vial in one shot. I assume your TB is 2mg per vial? Does your protocol call for you to pin this much? What does your pinning schedule look like?

Nothing wrong with pinning this much at once, but it seems you're a bit new at this, and I just want to make sure you're getting the right guidance here. How many vials of TB do you have? How many weeks will your treatment last?

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Numbere gave you good advice on this. On another note, what you're saying tells me that you're pinning the whole amount of the vial in one shot. I assume your TB is 2mg per vial? Does your protocol call for you to pin this much? What does your pinning schedule look like?

Nothing wrong with pinning this much at once, but it seems you're a bit new at this, and I just want to make sure you're getting the right guidance here. How many vials of TB do you have? How many weeks will your treatment last?
    I ordered 13 2mg vials i will be pinning 4 mg a week for 3 weeks and then 2 mg for the rest so 9 weeks total. This is for a tennis elbow issue in both arms that has kept me out of the gym for a year now and im hoping this stuff helps as im not doin the job that hurt me anymore and getting rest now plus tb500 i feel i should get some good progress.

Also i dont understand what he means by equalize the pressure does he mean inject air into the vial just ontop of the liquid because i did that and it didnt inject all the solution.

Thread Information