Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By KINGKONG
  • 2 Post By musclestack

Thread: How soon after hernia repair....

Camaroguru is offline Junior Member

How soon after hernia repair....

....would you cycle? Say a guy had bilateral inguinals patched laparoscopically and he's 3 months post-op? He's been cleared to lift as long as no pain. Just hypothetically, ya know.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Diff situation but I had an umbilical hernia after I was cleared I started lifting and didn't go hard on compound movements for 3-4 months ..iam not familiar with yours but I would think the recovery would be similiar

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not says ng that i tecommend it, however i had my operation and started cycling 2 months later. I did this because i was competing and I was limited for time to cycle, recuperate, and then cut.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    I just had umbilical hernia surgery 10 weeks ago. I am 1 week into my cycle, and I was able to start lifting heavy again a few weeks ago with absolutely no pain. Had 2 hernias fixed, right next to each other during my surgery.

Just letting you know my experience. Does not mean that yours will be similar. Listen to your body.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Agree with all the posts here,

In my opinion this is one of the best reasons for a non professional athlete to use AAS.

That is to say, that by using AAS you will be able to make greater gains using the same weights/reps thereby enabling you to rehab the injury with less risk of damage and/or achieve a quicker recovery.

PS.
    That is of course assuming you have the knowledge and self control to do your rehab in a safe and sane fashion...if you are one who "Trips Hard" on AAS then AAS will of course be a very poor choice.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 06-11-2016 at 05:56 PM.

Thread Information