AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power

Grape actually DO lower hematocrit significantly!

Ingestion of grapefruit lowers elevated hematocrits in human subjects. - PubMed - NCBI

From 55,8 to below 50.....me like!!....lets up the dosages lads and show those natty skinny xxxxxxxx who rules the streets once and forall
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 06-11-2016 at 07:24 AM.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Very cool find. You can do it as easy as a 1/2 grapefruit daily. I'm going to be trying this.

You think it will be the same with grapefruitjuice...so much easier?

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    I tried similar, fresh pressed juice from 3 large grapefruit a day for 1 week, dont know about hematocrit but I lost good few % of body fat, I believe strongly because of it. Liked it
    However I was also fasting for the period of that week so count it in with your diet and dont over eat

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'd take it with a bit of salt... it's an old study (1988), the effect is only observed IN VITRO using isolated naringin, a flavonoid that gives grapefruit its bitter taste.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    I tried similar, fresh pressed juice from 3 large grapefruit a day for 1 week, dont know about hematocrit but I lost good few % of body fat, I believe strongly because of it. Liked it
    However I was also fasting for the period of that week so count it in with your diet and dont over eat
    What's known about grapefruit is that can inhibit CYP3A4, an enzyme that metabolized various drugs and... sex hormones. That means a lot of interactions can occur.

Check out the following:

The effect of grapefruit intake on endogenous serum estrogen levels in postmenopausal women. - PubMed - NCBI

Although grapefruit intake leads to elevated serum estrogen levels when hormones are taken orally, there are no published data on the effect on endogenous levels. We conducted a pilot dietary intervention study among healthy postmenopausal volunteers to test whole grapefruit, 2 juices, and 1 grapefruit soda. Fifty-nine participants were recruited through the Love/Avon Army of Women. The study consisted of a 3-wk run-in, 2 wk of grapefruit intake, and a 1-wk wash-out. Eight fasting blood samples were collected. An additional 5 samples drawn at 1, 2, 4, 8, and 10 hr after grapefruit intake were collected during an acute-phase study for 10 women. Serum assays for estrone (E1), estradiol (E2), estrone-3-sulfate (E1S), dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, and sex hormone-binding globulin were conducted. Whole grapefruit intake had significant effects on endogenous E1S. Peak effects were seen at 8 hr, increasing by 26% from baseline. No changes in mean E1 or E2 with whole fruit intake were observed. In contrast, fresh juice, bottled juice, and soda intake all had significant lowering effects on E2. The findings suggest an important interaction between grapefruit intake and endogenous estrogen levels.

Why not try it, will cost just few bucks for few weeks of grapefruits, revise your diet and keep this trial consistent, watch your routine and body fat and see for yourself. Its known anecdotally people report some good results using grapefruits in their diet daily for some fat burning properties, so unless you try out for yourself you can only go circless wondering it may not work for one while work beautifully for another, its life

Dont complicated this now....

"The effect on hematocrits of adding grapefruit to the daily diet was determined using 36 human subjects (12 F, 24 M) over a 42-day study. The hematocrits ranged from 36.5 to 55.8% at the start and 38.8% to 49.2% at the end of the study. There was a differential effect on the hematocrit. The largest decreases occurred at the highest hematocrits and the effect decreased on the intermediate hematocrits; however, the low hematocrits increased. There was no significant difference between ingesting 1/2 or 1 grapefruit per day but a decrease in hematocrit due to ingestion of grapefruit was statistically significant at the p less than 0.01 level."

This is enough for me

Put it short

FOR POTENTIAL BENEFITS Use few grapefruit a day only juiced and without its flesh to lower E2 in men and reduce hematrocit

cant be explained better I think

Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Dont complicated this now....

"The effect on hematocrits of adding grapefruit to the daily diet was determined using 36 human subjects (12 F, 24 M) over a 42-day study. The hematocrits ranged from 36.5 to 55.8% at the start and 38.8% to 49.2% at the end of the study. There was a differential effect on the hematocrit. The largest decreases occurred at the highest hematocrits and the effect decreased on the intermediate hematocrits; however, the low hematocrits increased. There was no significant difference between ingesting 1/2 or 1 grapefruit per day but a decrease in hematocrit due to ingestion of grapefruit was statistically significant at the p less than 0.01 level."

This is enough for me
    Then go and try for yourself... just remember to keep us updated

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Kind of interesting that it elevated the lower value Hct. Almost like the extract regulated the hematocrit value?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Kind of interesting that it elevated the lower value Hct. Almost like the extract regulated the hematocrit value?
    Yes. I think i remember a similar thread. Bonaparte did certanly not buy this. He said the grape could act as a miniaspirin. Thin the blood, and keep it from clotting..or clogging..or what you call it...but it DID NOT affect hct. Well, even Bonaparte has to give in for PubMed so..

Thread Information