Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Mike5909 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    50

    Bump at injection site on butt

    Hi I've been on cycle for about 12 weeks now. I started my injections in the butt with 23g 1 inch needles. On the 2nd shot I got a pretty big bump which scared me so I switched to the thigh and had no problems. I ran out of my 23g 1 in and ordered 23g 1.5 in because I thought maybe the 1 in was too short and it wasnt going in the glute fully. So I tried another glute shot yesterday and noticed there's a warm bump again. It's not as large as last time but I dont remember if it took a couple of days to get bigger. Anyway has anyone else experienced this? What could I be doing wrong? I do everything correctly (alcohol, switch needles, aspirate , inject slowly). I would switch back to the thighs again but the 1.5 in feels a bit too big.

  2. #2
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    don't stick the 1.5 all the way in your leg. bumps are common, they should go away, if it doesn't and it gets infected then go see your doc.

  3. #3
    Charlie6's Avatar
    Charlie6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mid West
    Posts
    1,233
    How quickly are you injecting? The slower the better. Try heating the oil before injection. Also, depending on how lean you are, you should be able to use a 1" needle.

  4. #4
    Mike5909 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    50
    Not too lean. I'm a powerlifter I'd say maybe 20% bf. The 1 inch was fine for my legs but the 1st time i tried in the glute i got a lump so i figured maybe i needed a bigger needle (1.5). But still got the lump so i guess that wasnt the problem. I inject pretty slowly 25ish seconds.

  5. #5
    Mike5909 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    50
    I never had any problems with thigh injections. I even did 1 shoulder pin and it didnt bother me. But im 2 for 3 with lumps on the glute pins.

  6. #6
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,709
    You should switch between areas. I am injecting daily and was only using delts and glutes. I have bumps on each glute so i had to start with thigh ( i hate injecting in thighs). They will go away if you do not have an infection.
    The rule of thumb is not to use the same spot for 2 weeks however it is not practical in some cases. You may try massaging the injection site right after injection to move it around a little. Hasn't worked that well for me though.
    If you are self injecting in the glutes, try and make sure that you are not moving the needle at an angle with the contortion of your body. The needle should always stay at the same angle (90) when injecting. I know easier said than done.

  7. #7
    Mike5909 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    You should switch between areas. I am injecting daily and was only using delts and glutes. I have bumps on each glute so i had to start with thigh ( i hate injecting in thighs). They will go away if you do not have an infection.
    The rule of thumb is not to use the same spot for 2 weeks however it is not practical in some cases. You may try massaging the injection site right after injection to move it around a little. Hasn't worked that well for me though.
    If you are self injecting in the glutes, try and make sure that you are not moving the needle at an angle with the contortion of your body. The needle should always stay at the same angle (90) when injecting. I know easier said than done.
    I did thigh injections for the bulk of my cycle and I'd switch legs/position each time. This was only my 3rd glute shot. I don't have the range to do it myself so I got someone to do it for me. Angle seemed ok, spot seemed ok. The bump still isnt too big so it probably isn't a problem but I can't seem to figure out why it only happens when it's the glute. I wish I had gotten the 1 inch and stuck to legs and shoulders

  8. #8
    Tigershark's Avatar
    Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    13,267
    I've injected into my thighs plenty of times, one of my favorite places really and never got the bump. I always inject slowly and keep the needle in for an extra second or two after the plunger is down before I pull it out. Injecting quickly can leave a bump, learned that on my delts the hard way.

  9. #9
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Think everyone mis read ops post.

    The bump is on his glute not quad.

    Op, bump is "normal" in a sense. Could be multiple factors. Most likely technique. Could be moving needle around. Could be not deep enough into myscle. Pinning too fast.

    As long as it doesn't get infected or u start having symptoms of infection. Do not worry about it.

  10. #10
    clarky.'s Avatar
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,540
    Are you in the right area The top out side quarter ?? Could just have nicked a nerve Twice lol.

  11. #11
    Mike5909 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Think everyone mis read ops post.

    The bump is on his glute not quad.

    Op, bump is "normal" in a sense. Could be multiple factors. Most likely technique. Could be moving needle around. Could be not deep enough into myscle. Pinning too fast.

    As long as it doesn't get infected or u start having symptoms of infection. Do not worry about it.
    Thank you lol

  12. #12
    Mike5909 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Are you in the right area The top out side quarter ?? Could just have nicked a nerve Twice lol.
    Yea I am. All 3 times were on the right cheek. Maybe I'll try the left and get better luck haha

  13. #13
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5909 View Post

    Yea I am. All 3 times were on the right cheek. Maybe I'll try the left and get better luck haha
    This also could be why....

    How long between pins was this. I believe charger said this. But minimum 7days between sites. Ideally 14 days.

    My pinning schedule for long esters:

    Monday left glute
    Thursday left delt
    Next week
    Monday right glute
    Thursday right delt.

    14 days rest.

  14. #14
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    This also could be why.... How long between pins was this. I believe charger said this. But minimum 7days between sites. Ideally 14 days. My pinning schedule for long esters: Monday left glute Thursday left delt Next week Monday right glute Thursday right delt. 14 days rest.
    Did i read this right????? You cycle two weeks on and two weeks off? You must have spikes. I would love to be able to do that. I am sure that you are not going above 3cc in the delt... Are you?

  15. #15
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Did i read this right????? You cycle two weeks on and two weeks off? You must have spikes. I would love to be able to do that. I am sure that you are not going above 3cc in the delt... Are you?
    Lol no not cycling on and off.

    2 weeks in between sites.

    If I pin left glute on Monday. It will be 2 weeks until I pin left glute again.

    Week 1 left glute , left delt
    Week 2 right glute right delt
    Week 3 left glute left delt.
    So on and so on

  16. #16
    Mike5909 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post

    This also could be why....

    How long between pins was this. I believe charger said this. But minimum 7days between sites. Ideally 14 days.

    My pinning schedule for long esters:

    Monday left glute
    Thursday left delt
    Next week
    Monday right glute
    Thursday right delt.

    14 days rest.
    I havent pinned in my glute since week 2. I'm in week 12 now. The first glute pin was fine and the 2nd and the one I did now gave me a lump. I pinned in either thigh for the most part and didnt have any problems. Cant seem to get the ass right

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •