Rwadley is offline New Member

Wanting to begin soon

Ok, I'm 45 years old and want to begin getting my body back where it was. I've had several injuries lately, non exercise related, and am getting close to getting back to running, biking, swimming, and working out. Not looking to get ripped as I don't have that type body. Just looking to feel better, perform better, and gain a little muscle size at the same time. I've read and read but I can't figure out what exactly to start with. Talking to a friend, and I was gonna start with Deca . Is that good and what do I take with it?? Any help is appreciative.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    The best thing to start with, especially at your age (no offense), is bloodwork so that you know whether you're healthy enough internally to use AAS.

IMO if you're just getting back into working out and recouping from injuries then you should put in a solid 90 days of working out and eating healthy before cycling.

If you list your stats other members will be able to offer more advice.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere
    The best thing to start with, especially at your age (no offense), is bloodwork so that you know whether you're healthy enough internally to use AAS. IMO if you're just getting back into working out and recouping from injuries then you should put in a solid 90 days of working out and eating healthy before cycling. If you list your stats other members will be able to offer more advice.
    Agree with number however i think 90 days is to little. As you get older, i would also look at your blood pressure and cholesteral. I think stats will help significantly.
    you can cycle at your age however I am cautious. Always use ai, test as a base, hcg on cycle and correct pct.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I agree with charger give you body 6 months at least to help build a base and build up tendons and ligaments.Beacuse if you dont your muscles willget stronger faster than the tendons and ligaments.And us older guys dont recover as fast And you dont need Deca at this point!

Boy are ya'll downers!!! LOL!! All my blood work is good. I get that done on a yearly basis sometimes twice a year. My LDL's have been a little high at times but they are all currently within normal limits and cholesterol is very good. My BP is on the high side, without medication runs around 140-150/85-90 So it's not HORRIBLE for BP, but they have me on Lisinipril which is a fluid pill as well and keeps it down around 110/75 or so. I just injured myself in April from falling from a roof as I'm an independent claims adjuster, and had shoulder surgery and ankle surgery and should be able to get back in the weight room in about a month or two. I was reading about Deca and thought about it for 2 reasons. One, a friend recommended it and also it says it has healing properties and is good for aching joints. I"m not looking for LARGE doses of Steriods , more of an enhancer to help me feel better, and perform better on triathlons. The bigger muscles are a bonus. Looking to start slow anyway and ease into them. And "AT MY AGE"????? LOL!! No problem!! Doesn't bother me!! We are only as old as we ACT!!!! hahaha

Any other advice after that info??

THANKS GUYS!!!!

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    So wat you are saying is you want someone to tell you its ok.We get that a lot on here from the younger guys.But answer me this if you take test and Deca and have a bad reaction which one caused it? So in laymans terms if you dont want the truth dont ask the question.Good luck!

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwadley View Post
    Boy are ya'll downers!!! LOL!! All my blood work is good. I get that done on a yearly basis sometimes twice a year. My LDL's have been a little high at times but they are all currently within normal limits and cholesterol is very good. My BP is on the high side, without medication runs around 140-150/85-90 So it's not HORRIBLE for BP, but they have me on Lisinipril which is a fluid pill as well and keeps it down around 110/75 or so. I just injured myself in April from falling from a roof as I'm an independent claims adjuster, and had shoulder surgery and ankle surgery and should be able to get back in the weight room in about a month or two. I was reading about Deca and thought about it for 2 reasons. One, a friend recommended it and also it says it has healing properties and is good for aching joints. I"m not looking for LARGE doses of Steriods , more of an enhancer to help me feel better, and perform better on triathlons. The bigger muscles are a bonus. Looking to start slow anyway and ease into them. And "AT MY AGE"????? LOL!! No problem!! Doesn't bother me!! We are only as old as we ACT!!!! hahaha

Any other advice after that info??

THANKS GUYS!!!!
    Many guys here, including myself are over 40, most are also on TRT, so if that isnt something you want better to reconsider as there is always chance of bad recovery. Deca is a hard shutdown compound and really not advised for begginers and light cycles.

From my perspective it seems you think of steroids are like some kind of vitamins, which is far from truth, there are side effects and playing with our hormones can have serious repercussions which you have to weight pros/cons. If, as you say, you just want "more of an enhancer to help me feel better" , stay away from steroids, the risk is not worth it.

At the end of the day its your decision, if we are downers just by providing our experienced opinion so be it, for us its all the same, not like we getting anything out of this lol

About bloodwork, regular bloodwork will not include any hormone panels which are really what the guys above were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rwadley View Post
    Ok, I'm 45 years old and want to begin getting my body back where it was. I've had several injuries lately, non exercise related, and am getting close to getting back to running, biking, swimming, and working out. Not looking to get ripped as I don't have that type body. Just looking to feel better, perform better, and gain a little muscle size at the same time. I've read and read but I can't figure out what exactly to start with. Talking to a friend, and I was gonna start with Deca. Is that good and what do I take with it?? Any help is appreciative.
    Rwadley, you're a youngster. I'm closer to 60 than I am to 50 but I still look like my avatar. I just did a physique competition in April. You can look and feel awesome but it will take work. I'm a stand up fighting coach at an MMA school and workout regularly with the team. You are still "young" you can get your body into amazing shape, if you want to do it. The first thing you need to line out is your diet. AAS is only a bandaid if you're eating poorly. Second, you need to be exercising regularly for a while. Normally, "a while" would mean about 2 to 3 years. AAS will make you strong. If you don't have the supporting tendon and ligament strength to support the new muscles, you're gonna get hurt. I've seen it many times in the gym. I saw a guy tear the tendon right off his bone because his muscles were so much stronger than his tendon. When you have those two down, then you're ready to cycle AAS. Oh, by the way blood work isn't just lipids. It means you need a full spectrum hormone test. At 45, it's very likely that you have lowered Testosterone levels . You need to get your Test level to "normal" before you can self medicate. If you do things right your quality of life will increase significantly. I still enjoy a very active life, sex is still good, and I find personal satisfaction helping younger guys get into fitness. Start with the diet, first things first.

The downer comment was a joke guys! Don't be so touchy!! I'm not a negative guy, I joke a lot! Hence the LOL after I said that!

Thanks Scotchguard!! I've been running and exercising for the past 2 years. Only been off since I ran my first 1/2 on Feb 28 then a couple months afterwards I fell off the roof inuring myself. Gonna get back on the bike and in the pool now. My diet is not as good as it should be, mainly because I don't like vegetables. I will eat salads and some peas but very little "vegetables" My vegetables usually consist of homemade Salsa, but I eat it with chips. I count my calories and try to get in all my Protein, Carbs, fats in the correct amounts. I DEFINTELY need to lose a lot of BF. I'm probably in Mid 20's. All of it is upper body unfortunately. I go to the Dr in a couple weeks and I'll get my levels checked then. Last time I had them checked it was Normal, maybe even on the higher side of normal.

Thread Information