Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Why do I have so much acne?

Kyle1337 is offline Member

Why do I have so much acne?

It's been about 5 weeks after PCT on a basic test cycle following austinite guide to a T. I have at least 150 pimples on my shoulders and neck. I pop maybe 20 a day at least. They will not go away. My diet is clean... What is going on??

Clem96 is offline New Member
    Any number of factors but a sweaty summer could be one of them.

I feel for you. When I was younger, the gear definitely caused body acne (I had face acne anyway) and usually stayed with me during the summer months, even if I was off-cycle.

One good thing about age (I'm 42) is I don't get any ge*****elated acne.

I assume you're using some topical treatments?

Its definitely a sweaty summer. I work outside for 10+ hours a day in pants. It sucks. However, I've been doing it many years never had acne this bad.

I used some tropicals for awhile but didn't see any changes. I still an acne style wash on my shoulders though.

Probably going to need Accutane to clear this up, it's bad.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    You have acne cause your skin is prone to acne.

Acne is caused by the P.Acnes bacteria, which everyone has billions on their skin. Latest studies has revealed different P.Acnes bacteria strains are more proeminent to acne than others. So if you have this strains you are goingto have acne.

Everybody has clogged pores, ones more than others, but not every clogged pore turns into a zit, some clogged pores can take months turning into a zit, some get unclogged without turning into a zit. Its the P.acnes bacteria action that clogs the pore, as they develop better in anaerobic enviornment, creating a strong film that closes the pore, making them happy to eat the sebum as they please.

It takes an immunological response to turn the clogged pore into a zit, which as far as i know, there is not a consensual explanation.

Steroids will increase sebum production, which will increase the P.acnes bacteria population and the number of clogged pores. Many times this clogged pores will not turn into zit till end of cycle, some explanations can be done about this but it will take too long.

There is short term solution that is to take an antibiotic effective on P.Acnes (most are), this is not really a solution as it only treats the infection spots (zits) and once the antibiotic is over they will comeback as it does nothing to clogged pores
    The more permanent solution is to take isotretinoine (accutane), the acne will get worse in the first month while you still have clogged pores, but by reducing dramatically the sebum production in semi-permanent way it really is the only consistent treatment of acne.
    Of course it can have dramatic side effects, but treatment dosages have been substantially reduced with great sucess, still I wouldnt give it to my under 21 son.

Go to a dermatologist, tell him you tried the otc stuff and want isotretinoine. Finda a good dosage for you maybe 10mg day, even 5 mg can work on some ppl.
    songdog likes this.

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    It's because your hormones are adjusting back to their natural levels. I used to breakout during and after pct. skin usually looked better than ever on cycle. Just one of those things man. Hit up a Derm and they'll take care of you. Next time be prepared with an answer to it whether it be minocycline or accutane. Good luck

If I were to go to dermatologist, wouldn't they want bloods?

Not sure, if they want to start u on accutane they'll probably pull bloods to look at your liver value and check lipid profile. Not a big deal

Accutane has some serious sides that are possible. Discuss this with your doctor if that's the path you're taking

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunjohn242002
    Accutane has some serious sides that are possible. Discuss this with your doctor if that's the path you're taking
    I think it's off the market, it was a pretty hardcore drug.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I think it's off the market, it was a pretty hardcore drug.
    Roche stopped making accutane in the US about 5 years ago because of IBS lawsuits, but there are a few other US manufacturers.

The big thing you need to be aware of with accutane is that it can cause severe birth defects if the woman is using it during contraception.
    Last edited by numbere; 07-15-2016 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Syntax

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post

The big thing you need to be aware of with accutane is that it can cause severe birth defects if the woman is using it during contraception.
    Yes, important stuff.

Please dont donate blood while on isotretinoine.

Thespear is offline New Member
    I had acne on my face as a teenager from about 16-18, the facial acne started to fade away and for some reason around 18 it showed up all over my back and shoulders. I fought it for years with OTC washes and creams, tried some dermatologist meds like doxycycline and others and they helped some but it never worked completely, finally at age 25 I had enough, I went to the dermatologist and told them I wanted to get rid of them for good and be put on Accutane, and im so happy I did. I had to have pre blood work and then blood work each month as well as a visit to the derm each month but it was worth it. I was on 40 mg/day for 5 months. The acne never got worse at the beginning as some say, and by the end of month 3 it was completely gone. haven't had 1 pimple since. It really was life changing. The sides were pretty bad but not impossible to deal with. Mainly VERY chapped lips (Aquaphor by Eucerin helps this ALOT), some minor joint discomfort mainly in my knees and ankles, and the occasional minor nosebleed(basically just some dried blood coming out when you blow your nose). It Is going to be harsh on your liver but with bloods each month and consults with your doc it should be pretty easy to keep track of. If your predisposed to acne and nothing else works, I highly recommend it.

boisebeast is offline Member
    Did you have cycle while on the test or during PCT? Acne is common during the hormone rebound after PCT

KurtMiles is offline Junior Member
    Accutane was the only thing that would ever get rid of my acne as a teenager. Once I went through all the BS topical creams and all that nonsense, the derm finally gave me accutane. Three months later, boom, it was gone forever. I will get a pimple about once a year now. It is amazing. My skin is still really oily, I can't put my head against a window or anything, and I went prematurely bald, but eff it, I like my head shaved anyways lol

I ran a course in 2013 I believe so I can't say what goes on after that. Yes sir it's a fucking beast to handle for some. It gave me debilitating joint pain that Would wake me up in the middle of the night from pain. Painkillers were a joke and didn't touch it. It would pop up in my waist a few days, then my foot later on. Hit my knees too. This went on for months. I thought I was permanently disabled from it. It eventually backed off.

Again, I have to say that it is possible to use isotretinoin without severe side effects using low dosage.

This study is using 20mg per day: Safety and Efficacy of Low-Dose Isotretinoin in the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Acne Vulgaris, for 3 months.

Some dermatologists are even using lower, 10 and 5 mg per day, with equal sucess, although the time of treatment is increased, and close to none side effects.

No more need to use high dosages of 40 plus mgs.

erny23 is offline New Member
    Maybe you're genetically predisposed to acne, nothing can stop this. Did you have acne in childhood?

Thread Information