Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By krugerr

Thread: King's College London University study on the use of anabolic steroids

Barnaby Carter is offline New Member

King's College London University study on the use of anabolic steroids

Hello,
    My name is Barnaby Carter and I am a current King’s College Student in London. I would like to invite you to participate in this King’s College London postgraduate research project on the use of anabolic steroids and we are currently looking for volunteers.
    If you are 18 years of age and over, have used anabolic steroids in the last 12 months and would like to take part please click on the link below to complete the questionnaire. It will only take 15-25 minutes to complete.
    This study once published will aim to educate medical healthcare professionals, users and prospective users on the effects of anabolic steroids and aid in the harm reduction and safety of all sporting environments. We believe the more literature on the subject the more awareness and subsequent safety there will be.
    It is completely anonymous and confidential so that no identification of you as the participant or the club or gym you belong will be possible. You should only participate if you want to: choosing not to take part will not disadvantage you in any way.
    Before you decide whether you want to take part, it is important for you to understand why the research is being done and what your participation involves. Please click on the link below to read our participant information sheet and partake in the study.

https://kings.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/us...bolic-steroids

have you asked for permission to solicit here?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    have you asked for permission to solicit here?
    Not to be a dick but it's a public forum.

Why should OP have to ask for permission to ask a question?

well i haven't really poked around in the link but it could be a phishing attempt at personally identifiable information. i'm just being wary. He represents not just himself, but a larger organization and he wants to collect information. if it was me, i'd at least have the common courtesy to find this places shot callers and introduce myself as well as ask for their support. what better way to represent himself professionally! i think his creds should be checked. The link looks legit, but i'm no techy. lol whatever it doesn't matter. i like the idea of creating awareness about physical enhancement. i do see a day when AAS will be legal in the states, but it won't be in my life time. the human race is headed towards guided evolution and trans-humanism anyways.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TONegFKnMlY

did you take the survey?
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 07-18-2016 at 06:34 PM.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    No I haven't taken the survey, and I would never take a survey that asks about my illegal drug history.

University's posting AAS surveys are common on steroid boards.

OP doesn't need permission to post a survey.

It's up to the individual whether they respond to the survey and what questions they answer.

This is a public place and OP isn't violating any rules.

yes, let freedom reign. that's how it is living in the states

Tearracodo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    No I haven't taken the survey, and I would never take a survey that asks about my illegal drug history.

University's posting AAS surveys are common on steroid boards.

OP doesn't need permission to post a survey.

It's up to the individual whether they respond to the survey and what questions they answer.

This is a public place and OP isn't violating any rules.
    I take it your in the states if it illegal for you. No to try and persuade anyone to take the survey, but in the UK possession/buying and use is not illegal. Just selling and as a UK study I doubt they would be coming after your blood.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by naz1054 View Post
    I take it your in the states if it illegal for you. No to try and persuade anyone to take the survey, but in the UK possession/buying and use is not illegal. Just selling and as a UK study I doubt they would be coming after your blood.
    The police don't even know what to do here. It's a class c to them.
    Then you go to the goverment web site and it gives the info you just stated. Mad they don't know what the fvck there doing here (law).

Anyway the op's thread has been derailed Sorry about that op.

well people are using the inter-webs to get smarter these days and that means more informed decisions which can, but doesn't always lead to higher safety. the policies on steroids in the states are draconian. the smartest stupid Americans are getting smarter. the net is changing everything.

in the end, people should be able to do what the hell they want to do as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. it's called freedom and liberty. Education keeps Americans strong, or at least at one point it did.

sorry OP, i don't feel like your thread is derailed. i know you're using this discussion as well. i would. how many survey takers have you gotten?
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 07-21-2016 at 05:20 AM.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Submitted for you friend.
    Was a few options I wish were multiple choice, not binary. For instance I have used steroids in the past, and I am also prescribed them by a doctor. I have also used them for various reasons. Your findings wont really reflect the real reasons people are using AAS.

As the purpose of your study is to research the use of AAS within Gym/Sport communities, it might be worth asking for some interviews. Im sure there would be a few willing to give you some time via Private Message. Personally I feel your results on this from just your questionnaire wont accurately reflect the actual people completing it.

Id be happy to give you some time via PM if it would be of use.
    Tlolec the toilet likes this.

Michaelshomo is offline New Member

Kings College London University study on the use of anabolic steroids

Great thread Id like to know your thoughts on the "anabolic window" post workout. Whats the consensus on consuming protein and carbs after your workout and how much of each?

Thread Information