Steroidman99 is offline Associate Member

URSOLIC ACID - any personal experience?

Hello,

Since 2012, I have been intrigued by the supposed anabolic and fat-burning properties of ursolic acid
    http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0039332

A subsequent Korean study supported at least the fat-burning properties of ursolic acid, at doses 450 mg/day.
    http://synapse.koreamed.org/search.p...JPP&vmode=FULL

In May last year, I ordered 1 kg of 25% ursolic acid extract from loquat from China. Between 1st-22nd May, I was using ca. 900-1000 mg ursolic acid daily (=3.6-4 g of this extract) in three doses, mixed with yoghurt. I thought that because of my body weight (nearly 100 kg), I would need more of this stuff than the Koreans, who weighed only 83 kg on average.

Unfortunately, I did not feel well during this time, I did not exercise much, and eventually I succumbed to cold, so I stopped using it.

The most important thing is that on 5th May, I had 43.1 kg muscle and 20.6 kg fat (measured by the bioimpedance method), and on 1st June, I had 41.2 kg muscle and 21.5 kg fat!

Although I lay in the bed during the last week of May, I would not expect that my muscle mass would drop so much, and certainly, I would not expect that my fat weight would INCREASE!

I was quite disgusted by this experience, but this June, I decided to give it "the last try", because the stuff approached its expiration time. After 4 1/2 weeks on 1500 mg ursolic acid daily, my muscle mass DECREASED by -0.6 kg and my fat weight INCREASED by +0.8 kg! And what is worse, my blood lipid levels are off the charts, with HDL 0.92 mmol/L (the lowest limit of "healthy" HDL is 1.00), LDL 4,20 mmol/L, total cholesterol 5,4 mmol/L, triglycerides 1,64 mmol/L. I am basically a walking cadaver.

The last time I had worse cholesterol levels, it was during my oxandrolone cycles in 2012. And no wonder that my fat weight increased, when I have elevated triglyceride levels (which mirror fat deposition). In July 2015, I had only 1.16 mmol/L! I also have slightly elevated liver enzymes (AST), which can only match my AST values during a cycle with Ostarine in 2012.

I stopped using it immediately and I threw it into a thrash can. I would be curious, if anybody has experienced positive results with this stuff? I admit that I did not test the extract, so I cannot be sure, if it contained ursolic acid, and I admit that the dose may have been high, but this is what I got during allometric recalculations of doses used in rats. And 1000 mg daily apparently did not work at all.
    Last edited by Steroidman99; 07-26-2016 at 05:48 AM.

When I Google "URSOLIC ACID" there's a lot of marketing information. Honestly, I don't know what to believe as everyone is trying to sell you something. I haven't been able to find any double blind test results. Since you're giving personal experience, I'm reading your post with great interest. Your experience is NOTHING like what the marketing articles are touting about ursolic acid. It actually sounds like pretty scary stuff. With regards to ursolic acid, I take the approach, "Cliff jumping is exhilarating and fun. You go first." LOL

Steroidman99 is offline Associate Member
    You are true. There is a lot of marketing information, but almost no pieces of personal experience.

I should add that my experience resembles chronical poisoning by cyanide (in rabbits):
    Hypocholesterolemic and hypertriglycerolemic effects of chronic cyanide intoxication in rabbits | Okolie | Global Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences

The extract was made from loquat leaves, and young loquat leaves contain amygdalin, which changes to cyanide in the stomach. Still, I would at least expect some fat-burning effects, when the stuff contained 25% ursolic acid.

I chose the Chinese producer carefully on Alibaba.com and I ordered it from a company that had been on this site for some five years or so. Furthermore, I didn't say that I had ordered 50% ursolic acid from China even before in 2012, but I did not use it then, because I had some problems with hormones after a SARMS cycle and I suffered from hair loss. I ordered 50% extract both from rosemary and from loquat, and the loquat extract looked exactly the same like the extract that I had ordered in 2015: a green-yellow powder.

Somebody could argue that I used a dose that is 3-times higher than the recommended dose (500 mg/day), but other people also came to the same dose like me, i.e. around 1500 mg for a person weighing 100 kg (220 lbs):
    http://*************.com/forum/suppl...olic-acid.html
    (Because the web address is banned on this site, you can google "ursolic acid experience 1600 mg")

The guy in that link reported good fat-burning effects, but he used 95% ursolic acid, which is extremely expensive.
    Last edited by Steroidman99; 07-26-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Thread Information