Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Does anyone take Psy meds?

Does anyone take Psy meds?

curious to know if any members here take psy meds?
    i do...
    i take...
    800mg Seroquel
    10mg Zyprexa
    3mg Klonopin
    4mg Xanax

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If your on that much meds for psychiatric help you should probably avoid tren . Unless you have schizophrenia you should try to come off all those meds, slowly. All those meds are horriblea. There are ways to deal with some psychiatric problems without meds. If your doctor isnt just a pill mill and you truly need these type of meds you should stay away from all AAS.

looking at seroquel dosing info it is generally only given in doses as high as your taking for schizophrenia, and bi polar conditions. 800mg is the maximum recommended dose.

AAS can have some side effects that mess with your mind, from your med list thats the last thing you need.
    Last edited by jstone; 07-24-2016 at 02:15 PM.

im pretty stable. im a low key kinda of guy...and the meds keep me in check so im def not dropping them cuz they work. im on trt with these meds and dont get any sides....

Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    If your on that much meds for psychiatric help you should probably avoid tren . Unless you have schizophrenia you should try to come off all those meds, slowly. All those meds are horriblea. There are ways to deal with some psychiatric problems without meds. If your doctor isnt just a pill mill and you truly need these type of meds you should stay away from all AAS.

looking at seroquel dosing info it is generally only given in doses as high as your taking for schizophrenia, and bi polar conditions. 800mg is the maximum recommended dose.

AAS can have some side effects that mess with your mind, from your med list thats the last thing you need.

I only meant drop them under doc supervision, and if the problems are not serious like schizophrenia or bi polar like conditions. Running a cycle is completely different than trt. Trt is replacing what your missing. Running a cycle is taking supra physiological amounts of test and other drugs. This can effect your mental health greatly.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO if you need psy meds you should not take steroids .

Dramatic hormonal changes (as in steroids cycle) will always have a psycological effects, and probably not in a good way.

EDIT: And your low T is from this meds, not doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    IMO if you need psy meds you should not take steroids .

Dramatic hormonal changes (as in steroids cycle) will always have a psycological effects, and probably not in a good way.

EDIT: And your low T is from this meds, not doubt about it.
    u think my meds r causing my low t? i never thought of that... i know they can lower it but i had low t prior to these meds so how does that happen? i have 300s before i was on these meds. so i think it might be a combo then

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    I used to take Xanax and klonopin when I was a raging drug addict many moons ago. Those doses would blow me away at the height of my tolerance level. You need to run from that Doctor as fast as you can imo. I wish you the very best
    Marsoc likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~

Wow thats nice of you too help this guy out by telling him to quit taking his meds.You did all this without even meeting this guy.Plz tell me wat you have a degree in and post it.That is by far some of the worse advice I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunjohn242002 View Post
    I used to take Xanax and klonopin when I was a raging drug addict many moons ago. Those doses would blow me away at the height of my tolerance level. You need to run from that Doctor as fast as you can imo. I wish you the very best
    it knocks out my anxiety.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    With the sort of issues that necessitate that many drugs, please don't go screwing with your hormones.
    But if you must, stick to something with a low androgenic value and short half life (most orals would fit the bill). This way, you can drop it and be back to normal within a few days if you react poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunjohn242002 View Post
    double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    With the sort of issues that necessitate that many drugs, please don't go screwing with your hormones.
    But if you must, stick to something with a low androgenic value and short half life (most orals would fit the bill). This way, you can drop it and be back to normal within a few days if you react poorly.
    im going to run a test only cycle mid sept. without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Wow thats nice of you too help this guy out by telling him to quit taking his meds.You did all this without even meeting this guy.Plz tell me wat you have a degree in and post it.That is by far some of the worse advice I have seen.
    I said he should try to come off all the meds, and in my next post I even said under doctor supervision. If you knew anything about the drugs you would realize his doses are so high that its generally only used at these levels for schizophrenia, and bi polar people. You obviously have no clue about these drugs, he is using them for anxiety, thats not a problem that warrants these doses. I do work in the medical field, but I have no need to let you know the degree I have. Its nothing special, but anybody who knows anything knows what he is taking is way overblown for axiety. My educated opinion would be that he started out taking them without doctor supervision, and then found a pill mill doctor to prescribe the drugs he wanted.

I know someone with schizophrenia and I have seen what serequel can do, along with all the other drugs for anxiety is not necessary. Every doctor I know would never prescribe these drugs this recklessly.

Your reading comprehension is horrible. Never did I say to stop the drugs. I said he should try to come off of all of them. Drugs aren't necessary for most anxiety problems, and there is no type of anxiety disorder inhave ever come across that would require this cocktail of drugs.
    Last edited by jstone; 07-24-2016 at 06:32 PM.
    InternalFire and 956Vette like this.

I said he should try to come off all the meds, and in my next post I even said under doctor supervision. If you knew anything about the drugs you would realize his doses are so high that its generally only used at these levels for schizophrenia, and bi polar people. You obviously have no clue about these drugs, he is using them for anxiety, thats not a problem that warrants these doses. I do work in the medical field, but I have no need to let you know the degree I have. Its nothing special, but anybody who knows anything knows what he is taking is way overblown for axiety. My educated opinion would be that he started out taking them without doctor supervision, and then found a pill mill doctor to prescribe the drugs he wanted.

I know someone with schizophrenia and I have seen what serequel can do, along with all the other drugs for anxiety is not necessary. Every doctor I know would never prescribe these drugs this recklessly.

Your reading comprehension is horrible. Never did I say to stop the drugs. I said he should try to come off of all of them. Drugs aren't necessary for most anxiety problems, and there is no type of anxiety disorder inhave ever come across that would require this cocktail of drugs.
    thanks for the concern, but the seroquel is for keeping me balanced and level headed...mainly mood stabilization. the benzos are for my anxiety and social anxiety. i dont use them all the time they are just there. hope this helps.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Agree....

and for the original OP post, I take Abilify, Lexapro and Vyvanse
    Last edited by Lemonada8; 07-24-2016 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    Agree....

and for the original OP post, I take Abilify, Lexapro and Vyvanse
    thank u for sharing man...i feel like a lot of people use psy meds and still run compounds successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Keep_It_Moving View Post
    thanks for the concern, but the seroquel is for keeping me balanced and level headed...mainly mood stabilization. the benzos are for my anxiety and social anxiety. i dont use them all the time they are just there. hope this helps.
    I just know lots of peole that have had so many problems with these drugs, that finding alternative methods to cope is better. Unless it is something like bi polar disorder. Your dose for each is very high, and I dont want to see anyone go through the things I have seen when dealing with these drugs.

I have been in a similar situation with different drugs, all doctor prescribed as well. Trust me when I say your not looking at the whole picture, thinking you need all of this for mood stabilization. 800mg is the max dose for schizophrenia. If you have one of the disorders serequel is used to treat, and you just dont want it out on a public forum its understandable.

Lemonada the drugs you take are no comparison to a strong anti psychotic like serequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Keep_It_Moving View Post
    u think my meds r causing my low t? i never thought of that... i know they can lower it but i had low t prior to these meds so how does that happen? i have 300s before i was on these meds. so i think it might be a combo then
    Well, you kinda answered your question...

What disease you have to take those drugs?

Blog Entries
    I just know lots of peole that have had so many problems with these drugs, that finding alternative methods to cope is better. Unless it is something like bi polar disorder. Your dose for each is very high, and I dont want to see anyone go through the things I have seen when dealing with these drugs.

I have been in a similar situation with different drugs, all doctor prescribed as well. Trust me when I say your not looking at the whole picture, thinking you need all of this for mood stabilization. 800mg is the max dose for schizophrenia. If you have one of the disorders serequel is used to treat, and you just dont want it out on a public forum its understandable.

Lemonada the drugs you take are no comparison to a strong anti psychotic like serequel.
    I never said they were, but seroquel and abilify are both atypical antipsychotics. I could take 50mg of abilify for schizo if i needed to. Both in the same class...
    Last edited by Lemonada8; 07-25-2016 at 04:13 AM. Reason: sound less like a dick

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    I have been prescribed stuff over the years but they make me feel Sluggish like a sloth. So xanax is all i take these days.

Scorpion0922 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bump this...if you're on THAT many meds and tho I'm not a doctor, I can't see anabolics being a smart addition. ESPECIALLY TREN . The juice will be there when the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    I never said they were, but seroquel and abilify are both atypical antipsychotics. I could take 50mg of abilify for schizo if i needed to. Both in the same class... soo ur wrong.
    Your right I had abilify confused with an ssri.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Lemonada, I understand you want to cycle like anyone else. The only thing that concerns me about your pharmaceuticals is; Seroquel and Zyprexa used together makes for a very strong anti psychotic and Bipolar Disorder "cocktail". And 3mg Klonopin together with 4mg Xanax daily are two drugs that are from the Benzodiazepine family and are very close in chemical makeup. (Xanax being the stronger of the two). I don't understand why your Dr would put you on either of these two drugs at the same time! I don't see how you are able to keep your eyes open during the day. As far as mixing the Benzodiazepines and anti psychotics with steroids , there probably wouldn't be a problem there. If you did have any problems it would come from the side effects of the steroids effecting your ability to maintain a normal psychological balance in your brain. This is just my opinion brother. The final decision is yours to make. Best wishes!

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    is it a mega de-rail thread or what?

It seems it all started with a simple question and spinned off as a rant of a great depth... then, so how about not noticing folks on this thread with ADD/ADHD, or am I not seeing something?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongblood View Post
    Lemonada, I understand you want to cycle like anyone else. The only thing that concerns me about your pharmaceuticals is; Seroquel and Zyprexa used together makes for a very strong anti psychotic and Bipolar Disorder "cocktail". And 3mg Klonopin together with 4mg Xanax daily are two drugs that are from the Benzodiazepine family and are very close in chemical makeup. (Xanax being the stronger of the two). I don't understand why your Dr would put you on either of these two drugs at the same time! I don't see how you are able to keep your eyes open during the day. As far as mixing the Benzodiazepines and anti psychotics with steroids, there probably wouldn't be a problem there. If you did have any problems it would come from the side effects of the steroids effecting your ability to maintain a normal psychological balance in your brain. This is just my opinion brother. The final decision is yours to make. Best wishes!
    im not plannin a cycle anytime soon gotta lose the abilify weight first ... damn weight neutral my ass!

as for the other part, klonopin is a long acting to keep the anxiety at bay typically taken daily. THe xanax is for break thru panic attacks.
    for running a cycle, the OP is on TRT atm, my only concern would be the weight issue ( antipsychotics are notorious for weight issues). Make sure ur diet is on track and u have it under control. but i agree with most of what else u said.

If anything i would start low and go from there and pay attention to your mood daily to make sure nothing is being drastically changed.

Cant imagine myself training on 4mg xanax :/

Have a feeling that if someone asked the OP stats and cycle history the advice on his threaths would be completwly different.
    Marsoc likes this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Have a feeling that if someone asked the OP stats and cycle history the advice on his threaths would be completwly different.
    Considering in 3 days he posted:

I'm doing test only cycl3 soon (in this thread)

Started another about tren E insomnia

And another thread does anyone take tren a and mast.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8
    im not plannin a cycle anytime soon gotta lose the abilify weight first ... damn weight neutral my ass! as for the other part, klonopin is a long acting to keep the anxiety at bay typically taken daily. THe xanax is for break thru panic attacks. for running a cycle, the OP is on TRT atm, my only concern would be the weight issue ( antipsychotics are notorious for weight issues). Make sure ur diet is on track and u have it under control. but i agree with most of what else u said. If anything i would start low and go from there and pay attention to your mood daily to make sure nothing is being drastically changed.
    Lol! Lemonada, I meant to direct my comment to keep_it_moving! I apologize for the mix up. It was way past my bedtime when I responded.

Keep in mind that as much as it is advised to be physically ready to use AAS, the user needs to be MENTALLY ready as well. Part of the reason most people advise waiting until a certain age.

If all these meds are needed then maybe a user isn't mentally ready for AAS use.

Or maybe the doctor is just writing scripts for his own financial gain.

Seems like there's a lot more going on here that we know.....

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Do you really want to be messing around with your hormones when your taking all those meds?

How many cycles have you done?

bsh
    bsh is offline Associate Member
    I take psy meds... Nothing on this list but, I have cycled many times w/o any issues... I'm not sayin do it I'm just sayin I have and I do and it hasn't been any problem for me personally! Just sayin, GL with whatever u decide to do!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    4mgs of Xanax on top of 3mgs of Klonopin(not including the Seroquel) id have slobber just dripping from my mouth lol

I've been on Klonopin PRN(as needed) for anxiety but I found out the underlying issue was PTSD... Which amplified my anxiety but anxiety wasn't my only problem like I thought... Always try and find the culprit(not saying what you've said is inaccurate by any means)! Just be safe I've been ok but not on nearly as much but we all metabolize meds differently

Best of luck

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I take a lot of stimulants and still have significant drowsiness, if I were to take a tranquilizer I guess I would fall into coma lol

How do you guys manage to take such large amounts and still have a normal life?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Klonopin inhibits 2D6.

This means the body will metabolize nolva at a much lover rate.

ill be honest ive done one half cycle, i bailed out at 6 weeks due to puffy nips that scared me away... i was young and reckless..didnt know what i was doing. now i know alot more from learning from u guys and the boards.... knowledge is spread well on these boards. im grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    I take a lot of stimulants and still have significant drowsiness, if I were to take a tranquilizer I guess I would fall into coma lol

How do you guys manage to take such large amounts and still have a normal life?
    im really not taking that large of amounts of medication. i know other people who are on a shit load of meds and still cycle with no problem. i guess it varies by person.

Quote Originally Posted by bsh View Post
    I take psy meds... Nothing on this list but, I have cycled many times w/o any issues... I'm not sayin do it I'm just sayin I have and I do and it hasn't been any problem for me personally! Just sayin, GL with whatever u decide to do!
    thanks for your honesty. appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Do you really want to be messing around with your hormones when your taking all those meds?

How many cycles have you done?
    my meds arent that many... the benzos are on an as needed basis...so im not on alot of meds like some believe.... ive only done 1 cycle and i backed out at week 6 due to puffy nipples. i got scared and was young. learned alot since then and feel confident running a test cycle or a test deca cycle.

Everything varies by person. Diet, training, juice, meds.....nothing is cookie cutter. Just because one guy drove home wasted drunk & made it without hitting anyone doesn't mean that everyone should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0922 View Post
    Everything varies by person. Diet, training, juice, meds.....nothing is cookie cutter. Just because one guy drove home wasted drunk & made it without hitting anyone doesn't mean that everyone should do it.
    sound advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information