Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog

Thread: Do i need to do a cycle or not?

Ljupkda is offline New Member

Post Do i need to do a cycle or not?

Hi,
    Quick question I'm 20 years old I have been training for around 15 months now ive seen next to no size gains. I'm 6ft 3 and weigh 78kg, my bench has gone from 40kg to 90kg, my deadlift is now 155kg when I started it was 90kg, but I have gained next to no size it doesn't even look like I train, when people hear I train there stunned.

If I'm honest I don't want to touch any steroids but I am seeing no progress, could anyone give me any advice on how to gain size and what cycles may benefit me. If anyone knows of a training plan, or anything that could help me progress without taking steroids it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Ryan

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Eat more.

Seriously.

You don't gain because you don't eat enough.

Visit the nutrition section and start a thread there detailing your current diet for critique.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks for the response I tried the eat more approach and I gained a reasonable amount of weight but not where I wanted, I had a lot of people telling me i had gained a lot of weight in the face but I noticed no size difference on my body, but I had many people mention that my face was getting very fat.

Swallow the food you eat.

Seriously though....
    It takes time.
    You need to eat more and look to put on 1-2lbs a week.
    Preferably you could put on .5-1lb a week.
    Livinlean likes this.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Don't worry about your face getting fat man. What makes you think it would be any different on cycle? Trust me I've cycled with a below average diet and my face was fat as fvck. Its something you will have to put up with if you want rapid gains which it sounds like you want. This goes for whether you cycle or not. At your age I would stay away at least for now. I'm not even gonna say wait till you're 25, just at least wait till you reach genetic potential cause 172 lbs at 6'3 is no where close. I first cycle at that weight but a height of 5'10. Why cycle just to reach your potential? Its much better to run your first cycle when you're trying to blow past you're potential.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Invest some time over in the diet section of these forums brother. You will be glad you did. If you have a couple bucks to spare check out mountain dog training. John meadows has some kick ass programs. If you want to save money rather than buy a training program just post up your current routine in a separate thread and we will chime in with some advice!

T-boner is offline Associate Member
    I'm no expert but I can tell you this. I'm on my 2nd cycle now and my gains have stopped. Even on cycle I had no gains last few weeks. I had put a lot of time into researching my workout strategy for maximum gains but when it came to eating I just tried to eat more in general but had no definite plan. That worked at first but then stopped working. I've gained a total of 30 lbs but then the weight gains just stopped. I don't see a problem with my lifting so the bottle neck has to be diet. The last couple weeks I've gotten very detailed with my diet. When you start to measure and keep track of your eating you will see that it's not nearly enough. My advice is to research this forum for lean muscle gain diet. Then make a plan on paper. Go shopping and stock up on the food. Cook up the proteins and portion the meals out in containers for the next couple days. Then stick to the eating schedule. I'm finding I can eat the proteins no problem but I'm having trouble eating all the carbs. It's just so much to eat. Ive lowered the carbs to an amount I can handle and actually get swallowed without throwing up, and I'm going to add more periodically as I feel I can until I get to the amount I really need each day. So far I've seen the scales tick up a little. Hope this helps. Your body is like a chemistry project. If you want good results you have to put some time into a solid plan.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-boner View Post
    I'm no expert but I can tell you this. I'm on my 2nd cycle now and my gains have stopped. Even on cycle I had no gains last few weeks. I had put a lot of time into researching my workout strategy for maximum gains but when it came to eating I just tried to eat more in general but had no definite plan. That worked at first but then stopped working. I've gained a total of 30 lbs but then the weight gains just stopped. I don't see a problem with my lifting so the bottle neck has to be diet. The last couple weeks I've gotten very detailed with my diet. When you start to measure and keep track of your eating you will see that it's not nearly enough. My advice is to research this forum for lean muscle gain diet. Then make a plan on paper. Go shopping and stock up on the food. Cook up the proteins and portion the meals out in containers for the next couple days. Then stick to the eating schedule. I'm finding I can eat the proteins no problem but I'm having trouble eating all the carbs. It's just so much to eat. Ive lowered the carbs to an amount I can handle and actually get swallowed without throwing up, and I'm going to add more periodically as I feel I can until I get to the amount I really need each day. So far I've seen the scales tick up a little. Hope this helps. Your body is like a chemistry project. If you want good results you have to put some time into a solid plan.
    This is some of the best advice I have read today.

Get your diet going it will get easier the more u do it and stick to it

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Like said above you just need to eat more.Aas is the holy grail you need too eat more then also or you lose your gains.Plus at 20yrs old you are only looking at trouble messing with aas.And you only been lifting 15 months.Be real and give it some time.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    The two best and simplest advice for you if you wanna gain size and not fat. Start with inserting into your diett, one gallion of water and one gallion of ligth milk each day.
    But dont drop the things you are doing. Continue as normal, just add those two. I promise you better results within weeks.
    If you want further explanations, youtube James Tiny Vest and look up his Eat to Grow to grow vid.

I'd like to thank-you all for the detailed advice everyone at my gym at like steroids are the answer right away. I'm going on holiday today so will post in the nutrition section once I land back in England.

Thanks again
    Ryan

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    The two best and simplest advice for you if you wanna gain size and not fat. Start with inserting into your diett, one gallion of water and one gallion of ligth milk each day.
    But dont drop the things you are doing. Continue as normal, just add those two. I promise you better results within weeks.
    If you want further explanations, youtube James Tiny Vest and look up his Eat to Grow to grow vid.
    Milk? I was always told milk is actually not good for u.

Take a careful assessment of what you are eating. 1) Measure your body fat, 2) calculate late your BMR (google has BMR calcs), 3) calculate your TDEE (google again), now you have your total amount of calories you need to maintain your current body weight. If you want to gain weight, you just add more calories to your TDEE. Let's assume you have to consume 4000 cals/day to gain weight. Break your macros down to 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fats. Eat carbs like sweet potatoes and oat meal. Eat proteins like red meat and chicken. There's going to be fats from your red meat but supplement by cooking with coconut oils and eating nuts. These are just the basics but you should be able to build a diet framework around these basics. If you wanna be a big man, you gotta eat like a big man. Potatoes and red meats are pretty compact foods. 4000 cals is a lot of food. Your mouth will hurt from all the chewing. Stick with it and you'll gain weight.

Thread Information