Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chicagotarsier
  • 1 Post By Billegitimate

Thread: Insight on the positive tests in the olympics

jackfrost88 is offline Associate Member

Insight on the positive tests in the olympics

As we have seen recently, a great deal of positive tests in olympic weightlifting especially tests on earlier samples that passed as clean before. e.g. Ilya Ilyin from 2012.

My question to you is: How is this possible? Have the testing procedures advanced so much that they can detect these substances whereas they could not before? I find this interesting because many of the athletes tested positive for test / winny which have been around and tested for ages.

Why is it mostly Eastern European lifters when it is well known that the Chinese team also has state sponsored doping and other countries have been doping their top level athletes.

If there are masking agents wouldn't they have left samples from 2008 / 2012?

Is it a conspiracy to discredit top level Eastern EU athletes?!

Any insight appreciated!

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    EPO...the doping agent...has been tried and tested for..and you will get busted without a covering agent.

Covering agents stay state secrets in certain circles. Once a covering agent is found they go back and test for it on the old blood samples.

In my circle it is called "needs of the Navy". Rules do not exist if the end result is the Navy needs it a certain way. Are you REALLY going to discredit China, the country with the winter olympics, until after the country has invested the money into the Olympic Platform?

Also look into the MMA fight where Brock popped positive.....5 tests that week...he popped positive on the thursday test....so friday he was clean again...obviously there are masking agents they cannot or do not test for yet.
    jackfrost88 likes this.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Money and right connections buys everything. Its a pointless debate regards these tests, just like discussing UFO's

Scorpion0922 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    Money and right connections buys everything. Its a pointless debate regards these tests, just like discussing UFO's
    x1,000,000....it ALWAYS comes down to $$$$$

jackfrost88 is offline Associate Member
    The masking agent idea makes a lot of sense. When you guys are saying money, you are implying that the Eastern block countries cant afford to payoff the right people? Isn't the testing agency a 3rd party and that would be near impossible?

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    There are always ways too get around something.This is why someone is always building a better mousetrap.

Billegitimate is offline Junior Member
    It's not a drug test it's an IQ test. It doesn't catch the people using, just the ones not smart enough to avoid getting caught.
    InternalFire likes this.

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billegitimate View Post
    It's not a drug test it's an IQ test. It doesn't catch the people using, just the ones not smart enough to avoid getting caught.
    Totally agree. After having done some research of the state sponsored East German doping machine, and having worked with a few athletes, it's clear to me how doping is common place in elite level athletic events. The Balco scandal involving Marion Jones, Barry Bonds etc, should show you the extent to which athletes are willing to go to be the best.

Doping is hear to stay, it's not going anywhere. The WADA are just a few steps behind in regards to doping tests, but there will always be new and improved ways of beating the system.

Too much money, sponsorships, endorsement etc involved to incentivise athletes to resort to doping

I'm not even a professional athlete and I "dope". I like the way it makes me feel. I like the way it makes me look. I enjoy the recognition of my efforts by those around me. The Tour de France's winning times, over the years, dropped only marginally until doping started. The time dropped by over 30 minutes in the timed trials! Everyone knows there's doping in athletics, unless they've been living under a rock. Carl Lewis was caught for doping in the 88 Olympics but nothing happened to him. Ben Johnson was also caught and he was crucified. Why? Money, fame, and influence. Just like InsaneM was saying about $$$ and influence, if you have enough $$$ and power you can get caught doping or have public email servers to pass classified information and you won't lose your job. LOL

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Dorian yates said if you take the drugs out of body building whoever is number 1 will still be number 1. He will be 20 pounds lighter but he will still be the champion.

Nothing wrong with doping to take you to new heights. It wont make you a champion its just a tool to make you even better

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Dorian yates said if you take the drugs out of body building whoever is number 1 will still be number 1. He will be 20 pounds lighter but he will still be the champion.
    A lot more than 20 pounds.

Thread Information