Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By numbere

Thread: Training fasted bulking cycle

Jonbana is offline Member

Training fasted bulking cycle

Currently on a bulk and on cycle I've done fasting before training fasted and always did it while cutting

Right now I'm taking when and vitargo pre and post just because I wake up and head to the gym so a meal doesn't give me enough time to digest I'm running into zero problems with this protocal

But how wild training fasted while on a bulking cycle work would it beneficial or counter productive I think it may be good to keep fat down I just don't want to burn up muscle I would take bcaas during but don't want to risk anything muscle gains I can squeeze out of this cycle

Any experiences or documents would be great I know training fasted works but what about maximum gains

I know some evidence shows training fasted boost test and HGH levels the whole day but if you're on cycle tren test does that even matter
    Last edited by Jonbana; 08-17-2016 at 11:19 AM.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    Currently on a bulk and on cycle I've done fasting before training fasted and always did it while cutting Right now I'm taking when and vitargo pre and post just because I wake up and head to the gym so a meal doesn't give me enough time to digest I'm running into zero problems with this protocal But how wild training fasted while on a bulking cycle work would it beneficial or counter productive I think it may be good to keep fat down I just don't want to burn up muscle I would take bcaas during but don't want to risk anything muscle gains I can squeeze out of this cycle Any experiences or documents would be great I know training fasted works but what about maximum gains I know some evidence shows training fasted boost test and HGH levels the whole day but if you're on cycle tren test does that even matter
    Never lift weights in a fasted state. Book closed.

Your muscles need glycogen to run. When you fast and exercise there is little/no reservoir of glycogen building blocks to pull from in order to replenish your lost energy. It's good to to keep your body stoked before workout and immediately drink down a quick carb replacement post workout. Muscles really like food.

Yeah that's what I figured specially bulking and on cycle. I just hate having two shakes a day pre and post vitargo gets exspensive fast doing two scoops pre and post

I wish I could do oatmeal and eggs but the involve waking up at least an hour earlier to get it digested before hitting the gym

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Yeah that's what I figured specially bulking and on cycle. I just hate having two shakes a day pre and post vitargo gets exspensive fast doing two scoops pre and post

I wish I could do oatmeal and eggs but the involve waking up at least an hour earlier to get it digested before hitting the gym
    Putting on muscle is difficult enough.

I don't understand why you're making it more difficult by fasting.

Maybe you should consider eating like a normal bodybuilder.

Also, it sounds like you're relying too heavily on shakes to meet your macros.

Fruit is great for preworkout energy.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member

Have you tried blending your breakfast? Whole eggs, egg whites, oats, isolate protein, almonds, peanut butter etc. Im not saying use all these ingredients but you could pick and choose. I limit myself to 2 whole eggs max otherwise it gets too foamy.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    On cycle or not its not a very smart thing to do.You are defeating the reason you are lifting.Have a shake with oats and a nanner.
    Mr.BB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Putting on muscle is difficult enough.

I don't understand why you're making it more difficult by fasting.

Maybe you should consider eating like a normal bodybuilder.

Also, it sounds like you're relying too heavily on shakes to meet your macros.

Fruit is great for preworkout energy.
    I never said I was fasting please learn to read I said during cutting I've done it , and eating like a normal bodybuilder you have no clue how I eat to even consider I don't eat correctly I rely on two shakes that's only 30g of whey in each out of 6000 calories a day 60g of protein powder is notbing during a workout

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    Have you tried blending your breakfast? Whole eggs, egg whites, oats, isolate protein, almonds, peanut butter etc. Im not saying use all these ingredients but you could pick and choose. I limit myself to 2 whole eggs max otherwise it gets too foamy.
    I haven't tried blended oats but wouldn't you need same idea at least 1-1.5 hour before a workout to digest them ? I wake up and out the door at the gym in 20 minutes that's why I take vitargo for the fast carbs no bloat If I do oatmeal I need a minimum 1 hour I noticed or I'm bloated and sluggish but I guess blending them could fix that maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana
    I never said I was fasting please learn to read I said during cutting I've done it , and eating like a normal bodybuilder you have no clue how I eat to even consider I don't eat correctly I rely on two shakes that's only 30g of whey in each out of 6000 calories a day 60g of protein powder is notbing during a workout
    I call bullshit on the 6000 calories a day.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    How many hours before you lift do you eat your last carb heavy meal?

I train fairly early, k have a heavy carb meal as my last meal of the day around 9 hours before I lift. When I wake I have a half scoop of whey, a half scoop of powdered oats and some egg whites, I lift about 60 mins later. Even if I didn't have this shake I wouldn't consider myself truly fasted in terms of no glycogen.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    How many hours before you lift do you eat your last carb heavy meal?

I train fairly early, k have a heavy carb meal as my last meal of the day around 9 hours before I lift. When I wake I have a half scoop of whey, a half scoop of powdered oats and some egg whites, I lift about 60 mins later. Even if I didn't have this shake I wouldn't consider myself truly fasted in terms of no glycogen.
    My last meal is fat and pro around 9pm I train at 6:30am wake up at 6

Shoot down 30g whey 75g VITARGO with other supplements pre workout and then PWO is 30gwhey 35g vitargo than a meal 1 hour after pwo shake

Was thinking of doubling my protein to 50g pre and post and probably just wake up an hour earlier and get a cup of oats and egg whites down 1 hour should be enough to digest it. Just what I'm doing now is working amazing but I only want one shake a day as my way can get exspensive fast specially if I want to double my protein intake pre and post

Please learn how to write because the run on sentence below makes it sound like you are fasting during a bulk.

But how wild training fasted while on a bulking cycle work would it beneficial or counter productive I think it may be good to keep fat down I just don't want to burn up muscle I would take bcaas during but don't want to risk anything muscle gains I can squeeze out of this cycle
    And this sentence makes it sound like you are consuming more than 60g of whey.

I just hate having two shakes a day pre and post vitargo gets exspensive fast doing two scoops pre and post
    I think you're a lier about 6k calories per day and your attitude is horrible.

You're totally right I'm fasting during my bulk living off shakes and don't eat 6k a day on food you're right you win

Feel better now ? I'll continue making gains and doing what I stated and you can hide behind you're computer and make rude comments and call everyone out because you think you're tuff which proves nothing. I eat like 500 calories a day all shakes dam you're good

You're totally right I'm fasting during my bulk living off shakes and don't eat 6k a day on food you're right you win

Feel better now ? I'll continue making gains and doing what I stated and you can hide behind you're computer and make rude comments and call everyone out because you think you're tuff which proves nothing. I eat like 500 calories a day all shakes dam you're good
    Buddy if you relax and stop being defense members will help you out.

Also, I haven't made any rude comments yet.

Ok answer this than I currently take 25g whey pre and post would going up to 50g whey pre and post be better

Here's are my options

30 min pre 50gwhey 80g vitargo
    Post 50g whey 40g vitargo
    Or
    1hour pre 1cup oats 1 cup egg whites 40/60
    Post 50h whey 80g vitargo

I'm just worried about the digestion time of the oats since this is my first meal

Ok answer this than I currently take 25g whey pre and post would going up to 50g whey pre and post be better

Here's are my options

30 min pre 50gwhey 80g vitargo
    Post 50g whey 40g vitargo
    Or
    1hour pre 1cup oats 1 cup egg whites 40/60
    Post 50h whey 80g vitargo

I'm just worried about the digestion time of the oats since this is my first meal
    Any of those shakes will give you enough energy for your workout.

Assuming that your eating before you go to sleep, your muscles will have enough glycogen for a morning workout even without one of those shakes.

You shouldn't worry about the digestion time of the oats, especially when taking a carb loader.

I usually lift first thing at 5am after a quick oats, banana, peanut butter and whey shake with no energy issues.

As for doubling the whey, I doubt you'll see any difference in muscle tissue gains.

If you want to increase your protein intake then solid meals are always better.
    Last edited by numbere; 08-17-2016 at 06:36 PM.

Don't really want to double my protein intake I'm getting over 350g a day currently from foods but I want optimal gains on the cycle that's all

How much time to you give yourself with the oats ? So you do oats and whey over oats and eggs ?

Don't really want to double my protein intake I'm getting over 350g a day currently from foods but I want optimal gains on the cycle that's all

How much time to you give yourself with the oats ? So you do oats and whey over oats and eggs ?
    I didn't say double you protein intake.

I said that I doubt you'll see a difference from doubling the amount of whey you eat.

After drinking my shake I walk 100 yards to the gym. At most it's 15-20 minutes before I'm warmed up and lifting.

I do whey, oats, banana, peanut butter and whole milk.

After my workout I eat 8 eggs (8 whites + 2 yokes), 2 peices of whole wheat and 8oz of Oj. If I'm bulking I'll add 32g of peanut butter to the bread and drink 8oz of whole milk instead of Oj.

You have enough glycogen stored from the day before to complete an intense workout in the AM.

The only reason I like a shake first thing is because it's fast to prep. I also don't like to have a belly full of food if I have on a weight belt and doing legs or chest/back.
    Livinlean likes this.

pushiniron is offline New Member
    cant train fasted just get up and eat its not that hard

Thread Information