Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Slacker78

Thread: Thick blood and steroids

PowerGym is offline Junior Member

Thick blood and steroids

Hi guys i am 20year old wanted to do cycle but after consulting with people on this forum i decided to wait a bit more.
    I have thick blood (probably genetics,my whole family has it) so i wonder if i decide to start cycle some time soon would this be a problem? Do i have to lighten my thick blood before i start a cycle?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If by thick blood, you mean a high hematocrit, then yes you will need to keep it in check. If by thick blood you mean you have a clotting disorder (I have Leiden Factor V), then you will need to be doubly cautious.
    I am glad you have decided to wait. 20 is young, IMHO. Your test levels are probably close to optimum.
    Stick around and read and learn. Also, read up on polycythemia.
    Please also visit our nutrition and workout forums. There is a wealth of info there that could be very useful.to you.

DIET AND NUTRITION
    WORKOUT AND TRAINING

Best of luck. Stay for a while and learn all you can! Welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-28-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    Livinlean and Mr.BB like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

devil-1986 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGym View Post
    Hi guys i am 20year old wanted to do cycle but after consulting with people on this forum i decided to wait a bit more.
    I have thick blood (probably genetics,my whole family has it) so i wonder if i decide to start cycle some time soon would this be a problem? Do i have to lighten my thick blood before i start a cycle?
    if u want to kill yourself at this age with your current profile i would recommend u other and better ways !!!!
    read this first The young and Steroids

PowerGym is offline Junior Member
    My doctor told me that i have much more blood in my body then i need , i thought thats what thick blood means.
    Also told me that i should start donating my blood.
    Anyway only reason i even considered doing cycle is bcs i have competition soon but for the sake of future competitions and my endocrine system i decided to wait for more years.
    This question was just out of curiosity and thanks for reply
    Last edited by PowerGym; 08-28-2016 at 01:02 PM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGym View Post
    My doctor told me that i have much more blood in my body then i need , i thought thats what thick blood means.
    Also told me that i should start donating my blood.
    Anyway only reason i even considered doing cycle is bcs i have competition soon but for the sake of future competitions and my endocrine system i decided to wait for more years.
    This question was just out of curiosity and thanks for reply
    He may have meant too many red blood cells. Your hematocrit value would tell.you that. Again, stick around and visit our nutritional and workout forums. They likely would be very helpful. Bodybuilding, powerlifting, etc. isn't exclusively steroids . Steroid use is only a small piece of a large puzzle.
    Really glad to hear you are waiting for a while. It shows wisdom, patience, and responsibility on your part. 2 thumbs up!!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Slacker78 is offline Member
    Stay away from steroids at this age if you love your life. Mainly, if you suffer of clotting disorders. Strokes, could be around the corner. Don't joke about your body and the drugs. Be responsable. You can reach a good muscle gain without Steroids too, especially at your age. Don't be stupid. Pull yourself taking advantage of your age.

Good luck !
    devil-1986 likes this.

Thread Information