Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By InternalFire
  • 1 Post By KimboHalfSlice

Thread: Steroid Profile Half-Life Graph Calculator - Cool Find! Experts view on this...?

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up delete

delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 07:08 PM.
    Proximal likes this.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Half lives are not as straight forward as one would think, there are many facets involved. Some components which affect hormone half life include BMI, metabolism, amount of esterase and most importantly injection site. An example of this would be a compound with the acetate ester may have a half life of anywhere from 1-3 days.

Steroid calculators are not very useful. This is because they do not show a true reflection of what is happening inside your body pharmacokinetically. Steroid calculators only use one equation, half life. Have a look at the attachment to see some of the formulas used in determining the pharmakinetics of a compound. That formula sheet doesn't even include taylor or maclaurin series.

Useful Pharmacokinetic Equations

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I was just going to post what is the source of statistics for products that do not have published statistics lol.

Thanks for the read.

I've been doing the calculation in excel. Based on a linear regression half life decomposition. The equations and the calculator seems close to my calculations. These are theoretical numbers. I wonder if there is a variable that needs to be added which accounts for the body to the absorption rate, sort of a sensitivity of the body with respect to the overall concentration. If anyone's looked at this, please post.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    I've been doing the calculation in excel. Based on a linear regression half life decomposition. The equations and the calculator seems close to my calculations. These are theoretical numbers. I wonder if there is a variable that needs to be added which accounts for the body to the absorption rate, sort of a sensitivity of the body with respect to the overall concentration. If anyone's looked at this, please post.
    Its an interesting topic isnt it. I hadnt thought too much about it until i started investigating my TRT levels.
    You and I could both have exactly the same basal level, and inject the amount of test at the same time. But achieve different peak and degradation levels.

You're right the body does indeed effect it, but Ive no idea how to model this. Does that variable stay constant for a particular person? Is yours always X and mine Y? Or does my Y value change depending upon other actions...

I use the below to calculate half life in excel. It models on an exponential decay.
    X = Half Life expectancy (14 days for example)
    Y = current day

Code:
    =1-(EXP(-LN(2)*X/(Y)))
    Code:
    =1-(EXP(-LN(2)*21/(14)))
    =64.644

I've been playing around with this, making graphs of steroid cycles, of PCT'S, even of coming off my anti-depressants.

It seems to do something funny with how long it takes for a drug to peak in your blood. Like if you input a PCT of Clomid and Nolvadex (50/50/25/25 and 40/40/20/20) then it seems to take a very long time for the blood level of either drug to rise. I mean if you take 50mg of Clomiphene today, then surely you should have 50mg of it in your blood today (assuming 100% bioavailability)... however the graph seems to take a few days for it to reach 50mg.

Plus you have drugs that take time to become bio-available, for instance Testosterone Enanthate being converted to Testosterone .

It's a really really cool site, just dunno if it's accurate.
    InternalFire likes this.

I sent them a message right now:

Hi

May I ask for an email address to contact the person who programmed the steroid calculator grapher?

I've been playing around with different drug regimens, e.g. a steroid cycle, PCT, coming off anti-depressants, drug-maintenance of schizophrenia.

One good and simple example is a 4-week PCT of Clomid and Nolvadex , like this:

Clomid 50/50/25/25
    Nolvadex 40/40/20/20

I'm curious about the rise time of the graph for this regimen, I'm not sure if it's accurate.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that this grapher is missing the "rise time" for each drug. Check out what it does with a PCT of Clomid & Nolvadex :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pct_clonova.jpg 
Views:	8834 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	165174

The blood level of Clomiphene shouldn't rise slowly like that (same goes for Tamoxifen ).

If the programmer dude gets back to me then I'll suggest adding a "peak time" for each drug. It might not be straight forward, some drugs might have a constant peak time for any dose (e.g. swallowing tamoxifen), some may be dose dependent (e.g. injecting testosterone enanthate ).

I'm also gonna suggest that bioavailability be added too..... for example the three figures for Tamoxifen would be:
    Half-life: 6 days
    Bioavailability: 99%
    Peak-time: 5 hours for any dose

It would be pretty damn cool if you could specify the three of those for every drug.

Thread Information