Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By InternalFire
  • 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: Open for suggestions

Danimals is offline New Member

Open for suggestions

Hey guys,

I'm new to AS and to be honest, I know nothing about it. (But I have about 20 tabs open about different ASs so that makes me a pro right? =P

I'm looking for suggestions on what AS I should look into. My goal is cut (below 10%) and be able to taper off AS and still be able to maintain solid lean muscle with minimal loss. At the same time I want to get stronger and put on lean muscle.

I do not want to try anything that would be placed in the more serious/long term side effects section unless it's something that can be balanced out with something else (if possible).

I'm 5'10", just over 160, from Phx, AZ and would guess I'm at about 15-20% body fat.

I used to be crazy about the gym back in college so I'm not new to body building.

Work took over and I lost all my muscles and most of my strength. Weighed almost 190 lbs at one point in time.

I did the Warrior Diet a while back, lost a ton of weight, stopped, went back up to 180, and then tried my own version of intermittent fasting and working out 4-5 times a week.

I'm been putting a ton of effort into getting stronger and cutting at the same time. My goal is to be under 10% body fat at around 170lbs.

I don't have a problem or have any desire to give up my goal but it's getting a lot harder to get stronger/bigger and I'm not seeing much results with fat loss even though I'm in a deficit (300+ calories).

I'll be honest. I've been looking into AS as a quick way to get to where I want to be and taper off to just maintain. I've been putting sooo much time into getting to where I want to be and frankly, I'd like to put my efforts into other, more important, things in my life but I don't want to give up what I've worked for.

If I can reach my goal of 8-10% body fat at 170 lbs, I'd only have to go to the gym 2-3 times a week and just maintain. I plan on traveling a lot more soon and I know how difficult it is to travel and try and make gains/get cut at the same time so i want to quickly get there before I leave.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    5'10
    160lbs
    20% body fat

Can you post a pic of yourself? Sorry but i think you need to learn how to diet and train properly for some time before you consider cycling.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Bro you are only 25! You need too quit being lazy and hit the gym and like said above learn how too eat.AAS isnt a diet aid and its not the holy Grail.Nor does it help the lazy to look like a pro BBer.Good luck!

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Danimals View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new to AS and to be honest, I know nothing about it. (But I have about 20 tabs open about different ASs so that makes me a pro right? =P

I'm looking for suggestions on what AS I should look into. My goal is cut (below 10%) and be able to taper off AS and still be able to maintain solid lean muscle with minimal loss. At the same time I want to get stronger and put on lean muscle.

I do not want to try anything that would be placed in the more serious/long term side effects section unless it's something that can be balanced out with something else (if possible).

I'm 5'10", just over 160, from Phx, AZ and would guess I'm at about 15-20% body fat.

I used to be crazy about the gym back in college so I'm not new to body building.

Work took over and I lost all my muscles and most of my strength. Weighed almost 190 lbs at one point in time.

I did the Warrior Diet a while back, lost a ton of weight, stopped, went back up to 180, and then tried my own version of intermittent fasting and working out 4-5 times a week.

I'm been putting a ton of effort into getting stronger and cutting at the same time. My goal is to be under 10% body fat at around 170lbs.

1) Under 10%, I personally don't think you have the desire based on the rest of your post

I don't have a problem or have any desire to give up my goal but it's getting a lot harder to get stronger/bigger and I'm not seeing much results with fat loss even though I'm in a deficit (300+ calories).

I'll be honest. I've been looking into AS as a quick way to get to where I want to be and taper off to just maintain. I've been putting sooo much time into getting to where I want to be and frankly, I'd like to put my efforts into other, more important, things in my life but I don't want to give up what I've worked for.

2) AAS is not an easy or quick way to reach goals!

It's a means of extracting that much more out of your serious dedicated efforts regarding fitness

If I can reach my goal of 8-10% body fat at 170 lbs, I'd only have to go to the gym 2-3 times a week and just maintain. I plan on traveling a lot more soon and I know how difficult it is to travel and try and make gains/get cut at the same time so i want to quickly get there before I leave.

3) so you want to do just the bare minimum, and train 2 times a week? And now you want to be at 8% even?

You need to get you head out your aas, if I can be Frank and honest

I answered you questions in quoted post above

I appreciate the honestly. I'm currently going 4-5 times a week to the gym lifting about 1.5hrs per session. I do the max weight I can do for 4-8 reps every set. I know a lot about weight lifting and I use correct form.

I'll be honest. My diet is not good in terms of health but in terms of the macros, I'm not far behind.

I don't plan on doing my first cycle until I'm below 15% body fat.

My goal is not to get huge. The purpose of me looking into this to get in the shape I want to be quickly (with hard work and determination) and just be in a maintenance stage for a long period of time (with proper diet and exercise) but not have to hit the gym a lot as I won't have frequent access when I'm traveling.

I've heard from people AS is to be used once you've hit a plateau but my plan is to travel in Jan aboard and will be on the go all the time. I plan on being on a strict diet prior to and during the cycle for proper gains/fat losses. I honestly don't expect miracles. I'm just hoping it would speed up progress.

Pics below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-09-17 13.31.30.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	858.3 KB 
ID:	165491Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-09-17 13.32.04 HDR.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	165492

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Wanna trim bodyfat and maintain lean body mass, AAS is seriously not for you buddy. What you really wanna do is first research and learn proper keto diet, follow it to the letter for 2 months at least, and while doing so go research and prepare yourself hard for cyclic keto diet or also called anabolic diet by dr Atkins, you will loose alot of bf, you will have no issues maintaining and enjoying carbups on weekends and while staying lean being in shape you will gain nice size over time, and for the best part - naturally, not needing to invest money in illegal drugs such as steroids and anti cancer drugs to counteract minimal possible side effects while on cycle, besides cycle will take you good 3 months to complete and most of your gains will be fat and water weight for the first time looking at your shape and dedication, then after you will need to spend another 3 months possibly suffering from low testosterone sides post cycle and trying to recover to your pre-cycle natural state, and follow up with detailed blood results at least 3 times, pre -during-post cycle, then if not everything goes by the book you may at least suffer from gynecomastia , erectile dysfunction, depression or other sides you do not want to known about yet. Just think about it a little

Sent from my eyePhone

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Nothing about changing your bmi ( body mass index) is easy or quick by no means. No matter what magic substance you think your taking. It will take one year at least to see MINIMAL results. Naturally. Eating heavy. Lifting heavy and a lot and dedicated life style with the diet to match.
    PS: what's an example of your training sessions.i.e does it involve HIIT or HIt , drop sets, super sets etc..?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Your less than 20%, more like 16- 18. You can make gains naturally if you are disciplined enough to do that. Good luck with 8% bodyfat, thats an achievement in its self.

Thanks for the tip. I did however do a lot of research on keto diets and found it can lead to low testosterone levels due to lack of carbs. I know you can make it up with fats but to be honest, I'm not sure if I can do insanely low carb diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    Nothing about changing your bmi ( body mass index) is easy or quick by no means. No matter what magic substance you think your taking. It will take one year at least to see MINIMAL results. Naturally. Eating heavy. Lifting heavy and a lot and dedicated life style with the diet to match.
    PS: what's an example of your training sessions.i.e does it involve HIIT or HIt , drop sets, super sets etc..?
    I reverse pyramid / drop sets. example: Incline bench: warm up set, set 1: 185 lbs 5 reps, set 2: 175lbs 6 reps, set 3: 165 lbs 8 reps, set 4/5: 155 lbs 8-10 reps.

Thanks for the tip. I did however do a lot of research on keto diets and found it can lead to low testosterone levels due to lack of carbs. I know you can make it up with fats but to be honest, I'm not sure if I can do insanely low carb diet.

I reverse pyramid / drop sets. example: Incline bench: warm up set, set 1: 185 lbs 5 reps, set 2: 175lbs 6 reps, set 3: 165 lbs 8 reps, set 4/5: 155 lbs 8-10 reps.

During your lifting routine
    Are you failing to the point of pain?

If not, try that

Yeah when you want to stop at the ends of your reps on the last few sets usually. Do that one more rep. That's where growth happens. Going beyond what your body is used to. And for drop sets. I do multiple drop sets in one set. So if my goal is to do 8 reps total I sometimes lift a weight I can only do 2 reps with then use another weight I can get another 2 reps from and continue till I reach my desired reps, and that's is one set considered. And I usually do it like this...I have like 8 dumbells all around me for bench( I use dumbells to gain independant strength/size using dumbells so my dominant muscle isn't doing most the work . I'll do my 8 reps or so. Then grab the lighter weights and do 8 more etc And do that like 3-4 times And consider that one set. That's my kind of drop sets. It's "beyond failure" and I might even super set my drop sets with an isolation move such as the peck deck machine etc or flys. Depending on if I'm doing incline or decline or flat. Lol
    So I'm doing multiple drop set super sets lol. That's beyond failure.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 09-17-2016 at 09:34 PM.

ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    aas are not a miracle potion, sides can cause more issues, depending on what you use.
    your routine and diet are keys, you are looking for a short term glam cycle for your
    travels, but your post cycle will most likely make you quite miserable, even with a pct
    you are going have difficulties. you dont turn on a physique, then turn off a routine,
    your best bet is to keep what your doing and eat clean...you will see great results
    without the sides, and no recovery required for your travels.
    Good luck, hope you can wait till you can dedicate yourself to the program.

Oh thats what you cherry-pick? For one keto optimizes test levels, for second youre not gonna get anywhere, your results will never happen, you clearly want to go for shortcuts and to learn the hard way and ignorant way - so be it, do whatever you want.
    Marsoc likes this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Your less than 20%, more like 16- 18. You can make gains naturally if you are disciplined enough to do that. Good luck with 8% bodyfat, thats an achievement in its self.
    Hate to disagree with you but but for me that's 20% all the way with minimal muscle.

OP, if you are lifting for 1.5 hours a time it's too much.

Take the advice and have your diet and workout critiqued in the relevant sections.
    Marsoc likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

TestoSuper is offline Associate Member
    I think you have some improvement margins to reduce fat and tone muscle mass by natural ... take a couple of years and study and put into practice workouts, nutrition and the right supplements .
    When you have a more lean physique (widely under 15% fat) and increased muscle tone you will be able to think of AAS.
    But from now you have to do research, study and inform continuously about workout and diet.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    Oh thats what you cherry-pick? For one keto optimizes test levels, for second youre not gonna get anywhere, your results will never happen, you clearly want to go for shortcuts and to learn the hard way and ignorant way - so be it, do whatever you want.
    How is that possible?? Whats the science behind that statement?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Hate to disagree with you but but for me that's 20% all the way with minimal muscle.

OP, if you are lifting for 1.5 hours a time it's too much.

Take the advice and have your diet and workout critiqued in the relevant sections.
    Ah first pic i thought i saw visible abs outline in a relaxed state. I just checked his back pic and i can see what you mean, hes carrying more fat than i thought.
    One thing i know we can agree on OP is aas isnt gonna magically change you into a bodybuilder over night. We know you can make gains if you get serious about your macros and training routines
    Back In Black likes this.

besides cycle will take you good 3 months to complete and most of your gains will be fat and water weight for the first time looking at your shape and dedication,

Sent from my eyePhone
    Wait a second here

I want to comments on this quote, not necessarily pertaining to the OP

if most of gains come as FAT, then why in the he'll would anyone use juice in the first place? If steroids just get you a good 20lbs fatter why would body builders and athletes even use them?

No one needs juice to get fat! That's easily accomplished with candy bars, honey buns, Micky D's and slim Jim's.

I can't see a pro athlete saying "I think it's time to put on mostly fat, let's go spend a couple hundred, risk loosing or damaging my career, deal with some nasty sides, and stick my self with a freaking 2" dagger 3x a week for 20lbs of fat gain"

Come on now, I understand trying to scare him away from inappropriate use of AAS but I feel spreading misinformation is even worse than someone using who is not ready.....

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd
    Wait a second here I want to comments on this quote, not necessarily pertaining to the OP if most of gains come as FAT, then why in the he'll would anyone use juice in the first place? If steroids just get you a good 20lbs fatter why would body builders and athletes even use them? No one needs juice to get fat! That's easily accomplished with candy bars, honey buns, Micky D's and slim Jim's. I can't see a pro athlete saying "I think it's time to put on mostly fat, let's go spend a couple hundred, risk loosing or damaging my career, deal with some nasty sides, and stick my self with a freaking 2" dagger 3x a week for 20lbs of fat gain" Come on now, I understand trying to scare him away from inappropriate use of AAS but I feel spreading misinformation is even worse than someone using who is not ready.....
    How ignorant can you be commenting as such? Is OP a top athlete? Is he ripped and disciplined with his diet? Does he follow his training religiously with measurable progress? Is he at a low bf at the moment in a position to take AAS?Take away diet, training knowledge and experience, dedication to it all and thats what you're gonna gain, yes, mostly fat. Once OP will go off the cycle and go trough pct, loose all that gained water-fat weight, his newly built muscles will also be gone by the time because body is not used ti holding on to such mass previously, and drop of natural T will not help holding to lean mass, deal with it. This especially applies to someone like OP who hardly lifts or has any length of experience lifting or dieting.

@ Mr.BB
    Study is from my scientific ass, its just common sense, its widely discussed and theres plenty of articles how improving diet with abundance of healthy fats help to optimise male sex hormones, its a building block of test too.

For everything that works and has a scientific study behind it there can always be found or made another study showing that it doesn't work and disproving it.

Sent from my eyePhone

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    @ Mr.BB
    Study is from my scientific ass, its just common sense, its widely discussed and theres plenty of articles how improving diet with abundance of healthy fats help to optimise male sex hormones, its a building block of test too.

For everything that works and has a scientific study behind it there can always be found or made another study showing that it doesn't work and disproving it.
    Great. Good to know where it comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB
    Great. Good to know where it comes from.
    Glad to know it benefits you.
    Besides you're usually real real good at google finding links to all kind of studies, why don't you help me out here and find something that supports what I said or find otherwise something that disproves it, productive contribution is always a good thing.
    Last edited by InternalFire; 09-18-2016 at 08:23 AM.

All I'm saying is that you stated a first cycle is going to gain mostly fat

Awesome! had no idea we steroids are for fat gain as opposed to muscle gain.

So low T levels are associated with fat gain, as well as super physiological T levels are associated with fat gain.

So by this blind logic we all are aspiring to be morbidly obese fat bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    All I'm saying is that you stated a first cycle is going to gain mostly fat

Awesome! had no idea we steroids are for fat gain as opposed to muscle gain.

So low T levels are associated with fat gain, as well as super physiological T levels are associated with fat gain.

So by this blind logic we all are aspiring to be morbidly obese fat bodies.
    really?

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Hey guys,

Dont use aas. It can destroy your heart and stop your own naturell testosterone production. Its not worth it. 99% dont like aaspeople. Just 1% like it because they use it themselves and you dont wanna hang with them anyhow cause they are all momos.

removed ....

Thread Information