Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: T3 Usage - Latest Thinking?

Magnum II is offline Associate Member

T3 Usage - Latest Thinking?

I thought I remembered a sticky on a recommended method for running T3 but I can't find it using the search tool (I hope I won't be embarrassed to learn that it's right in front of my nose). Can someone point me to a post that will help me with the latest recommendations on T3? I haven't run it for 10 years or so--the prevailing thought at that time was to ramp up the dosage, run at peak level for a time, then ramp down. The belief then was that there was a danger of disrupting your normal thyroid function if you shocked it with abrupt dosage changes.
    However, I think I've briefly read a recent post suggesting that the ramp up/ramp down concern had been disproven.

I'd be interested in the latest thinking on this topic.

4linked is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum II View Post
    I thought I remembered a sticky on a recommended method for running T3 but I can't find it using the search tool (I hope I won't be embarrassed to learn that it's right in front of my nose). Can someone point me to a post that will help me with the latest recommendations on T3? I haven't run it for 10 years or so--the prevailing thought at that time was to ramp up the dosage, run at peak level for a time, then ramp down. The belief then was that there was a danger of disrupting your normal thyroid function if you shocked it with abrupt dosage changes.
    However, I think I've briefly read a recent post suggesting that the ramp up/ramp down concern had been disproven.

I'd be interested in the latest thinking on this topic.
    Check out austinites educational database.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member

Your thyroids are pretty resilient. I ran HGH/T4 for about 5+ years straight and stopped for 6 months. My thyroids were back to normal within 2 weeks.
    Livinlean likes this.

Magnum II is offline Associate Member
    Thanks to all for the help and special props to Austinite The Wise. This is great news for me. Running the old method was a bit messy and concerning, worrying about disrupting my thyroid function. I'll run 75 mcg per day and check labs to seek optimal dosage.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Your thyroids are pretty resilient. I ran HGH/T4 for about 5+ years straight and stopped for 6 months. My thyroids were back to normal within 2 weeks.
    Wow.
    It adds up. Maybe its time to give T3 a shot.

Thread Information