Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ashop

Thread: Constipated on T3

Roger11 is offline Member

Constipated on T3

Let me start by saying over the years i have run T3 numerous times, ALTHO liquid RC form never pharma grade, anyway i started on pharma T3 and a few injectables, PRIMO,tren , mast test, and was fine up until a week ago when i switched pharma grade T3 brands, went from some thai one cant remember the name of to the proper TIROMEL BY ABDIBRAHIM, i stopped it a week ago and only became un constipated yesterday, anyway started back on it last night, this morning, constipation returns.

Never had this issue on liquid T3, perhaps im allergic to something in the pharma grade T3?

Anyone else have this issues

no diet changes, no water changes that were a problem in the past and could have caused this either.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thats a tough one. Haven't personally heard of T3 and constipation being linked. I've never had issues unless I was on super low carbs but thats bound to happen.

Could be the filler used in the pharm grade but seems unlikely unless its an allergic reaction or something along those lines.

Roger11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    Thats a tough one. Haven't personally heard of T3 and constipation being linked. I've never had issues unless I was on super low carbs but thats bound to happen.

Could be the filler used in the pharm grade but seems unlikely unless its an allergic reaction or something along those lines.
    Yeah, strange one hey, just wondering if anyone else had issues specifically on pharma T3.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I too would be curious to know whether others have experienced that.

I just remembered of a buddy who had that issue. He had to go to the hospital because it got that bad but he was on a severe calorie deficit a couple weeks away from stepping on stage so I think thats more diet related if anything.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    You're not the only one who has experienced this issue.

I was involved in a thread about 4 months ago with an individual who has the same problem.

Can't seem to locate the thread right now:/

DickClark1984 is offline New Member
    Not an expert; however, I am going through the same thing now and I am pretty sure my Thyroid is suppressed and needs to heal. You could be in a state of hypothyroidism, which would cause your digestive system to slow down.

How much T3 were you running?

I was 275 pounds, so I was running 50/100/150/200 MCG. My Thyroid usually bounces back in 1-2 weeks after discontinuing T3. This is just my experience.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    My experience with T3 and T4 was during a bad time for me over a kidneystone the size of a golfball. Was on T3 and T4 due to infection causing Thyroid to act not normal. I got so constipated out came the suppository. Cleared me right up and no more issues while on the medication. Was the constipation due to T3 T4? Maybe that or one of the 5 antibiotics i was on. Take it for what it is worth.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger11 View Post
    Let me start by saying over the years i have run T3 numerous times, ALTHO liquid RC form never pharma grade, anyway i started on pharma T3 and a few injectables, PRIMO,tren , mast test, and was fine up until a week ago when i switched pharma grade T3 brands, went from some thai one cant remember the name of to the proper TIROMEL BY ABDIBRAHIM, i stopped it a week ago and only became un constipated yesterday, anyway started back on it last night, this morning, constipation returns.

Never had this issue on liquid T3, perhaps im allergic to something in the pharma grade T3?

Anyone else have this issues

no diet changes, no water changes that were a problem in the past and could have caused this either.

Get some Metamucil (physillium husk) and take 1-2 heaping teaspoons before bed EVERY single night. When you wake in the morning
    you should begin to have a more natural, easier, bowel movement.
    TRA and Obs like this.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post

Get some Metamucil (physillium husk) and take 1-2 heaping teaspoons before bed EVERY single night. When you wake in the morning
    I used a boat load of husk on keto because I needed it... Would highly recommend the caps. The powder swells and absorbs the water expanding rapidly... I couldn't hack the powder

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    ^^ This, with a LOT of water or you'll worsen it. Another addition which can help and WON'T result in diarrhea is Miralax. It sounds by description like it will, but it doesn't and works nicely as an adjunct. It's what they give pregnant women for constipation so safe along with the psyllium. If this worked (either or the combo) would be worth it to keep the T3 on board.

So usually low thyroid hormone levels results in constipation (hypothyroidism symptom). And high thyroid hormone levels result in diarrhea (hyperthyroid symptom)

Since you are having a hypothyroid symptom even while taking t3 (thyroid hormone) it either means u are not taking enough t3 dosage wise to be at normal function for your body OR ur t3 is bunk and suppressing ur thyroid somehow but not exerting any effects of t3 itself at the organ receptors.

When u get constipated, get thyroid panel labs and see what they would suggest.

Thread Information