Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By DocToxin8

Thread: Liver protection

KTOUUU is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Liver protection

URSOFALK CAPS 250MG/CAP

Is that product the best for liver protection? Anyone know about this ?
    I read the dosage can go as hight as 4-5 caps per day !I used LIV52 and its good but maybe this is better ,more expensive for sure tho.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Intresting.
    It does have some effect on liver values, but need to do a lot more research.
    Be careful with this agent though, it might not be harmless and actually cause liver failure.

mietek is offline Member
    milk thistle is good natural the other shit is synthetic it might do more bad than good I have not seen any scientific study to support the claims

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOUUU View Post

URSOFALK CAPS 250MG/CAP

Is that product the best for liver protection? Anyone know about this ?
    I read the dosage can go as hight as 4-5 caps per day !I used LIV52 and its good but maybe this is better ,more expensive for sure tho.
    Its not really a "protection" for liver, it does allow better bile flow with all the good that brings, but don't expect for it to avoid liver stress if you take orals for example. Still is the best we have for transaminases reduction.
    Use it together with NAC. Nac works in a more preventive way by increasing glutathione synthesis, which is a powerful antioxidant.

NAC should be used together with vitamin C to prevent glutathione oxidation (which can lead to kidney stones).
    DocToxin8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Its not really a "protection" for liver, it does allow better bile flow with all the good that brings, but don't expect for it to avoid liver stress if you take orals for example. Still is the best we have for transaminases reduction.
    Use it together with NAC. Nac works in a more preventive way by increasing glutathione synthesis, which is a powerful antioxidant.

NAC should be used together with vitamin C to prevent glutathione oxidation (which can lead to kidney stones).
    Vitamin d3 also helps with the liver ! What do you think if i replace nac with liv52?

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOUUU View Post
    Vitamin d3 also helps with the liver ! What do you think if i replace nac with liv52?
    Nothing can replace NAC, except SAMe, which is much more expensive and can induce panic attacks in some people. SAMe could also be a nice antidepressant however.

Rats who are genetically engineered to produce much more glutathione can survive simulated stroke (cut of blood supply to the brain for 15min), in some cases without noticable nevrological outcome.
    So why not just supplement with glutathione?
    It isn't absorbed well and gets broken down before in enters the cells.
    NAC and SAMe both stimulate glutathione production.
    Only ones who should chose SAMe over NAC are people with really fuxked livers, as they won't be able to convert it and accumulate cystine instead.

And if you chose to use SAMe be aware that it raises levels of homocysteine if not also supplemented with pyridoxine.
    KTOUUU likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    Nothing can replace NAC, except SAMe, which is much more expensive and can induce panic attacks in some people. SAMe could also be a nice antidepressant however.

Rats who are genetically engineered to produce much more glutathione can survive simulated stroke (cut of blood supply to the brain for 15min), in some cases without noticable nevrological outcome.
    So why not just supplement with glutathione?
    It isn't absorbed well and gets broken down before in enters the cells.
    NAC and SAMe both stimulate glutathione production.
    Only ones who should chose SAMe over NAC are people with really fuxked livers, as they won't be able to convert it and accumulate cystine instead.

And if you chose to use SAMe be aware that it raises levels of homocysteine if not also supplemented with pyridoxine.
    Nice info man .

Thread Information