Macros is offline Junior Member

First ever IM pin almost passed out

So I finally started my first cycle today. A day i had been looking forward to for years. I pinned 250mg test in my right quad with a 25guage 1inch pin. The needle went in super easy but I think I went in too far since I forgot to leave any needle showing. Also as it went all the way in I felt discomfort and some pain. (I think I may have hit a nerve). I took my time injecting (it took 30 seconds). As I was injecting I felt like I was going to pass out. I focused on breathing steady and got the job done despite feeling shitty. I also think I may have been too low on my quad and should move it up a little more on my next pin. Any thoughts or suggestions?

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Well your roughly goi.g to pin where you jeans/pants pocket is.

Put the base of your hand the bit at the wrist lol on your hip and where your fingers are is the area. Remember the out side of the quad.

Some ppl love legs some hate it, since it's your first time pinning you won't know if you like it or not. Rotate sites, don't worry about going deep you want to but just try and leave a wee bit out just in case the pin breaks but it's not likely.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Like stated by Clark hit the outside area around were your pant pocket would be. I am one of the ones that love pinning quads

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    So I finally started my first cycle today. A day i had been looking forward to for years. I pinned 250mg test in my right quad with a 25guage 1inch pin. The needle went in super easy but I think I went in too far since I forgot to leave any needle showing. Also as it went all the way in I felt discomfort and some pain. (I think I may have hit a nerve). I took my time injecting (it took 30 seconds). As I was injecting I felt like I was going to pass out. I focused on breathing steady and got the job done despite feeling shitty. I also think I may have been too low on my quad and should move it up a little more on my next pin. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Inject in your upper side ass. Done that severel 100 times. Never ever had problemes. That spot is by far the best, min nerves and veins.
    L

Thank you guys. I think the feeling of passing out could have come from stress I wanted to make sure I got everything right. I was definitely at least 3 inches below where you recommended. Thanks for the guide though, that made it really clear for me. Can't wait til my next injection!

TestoSuper is offline Associate Member
    you should start injecting into the buttocks .. I did 4 cycles until now and always injected into the buttocks, never minimum problem during injections ..
    however, when you inject everywere you have to be sure don't have tension on the muscle, but the muscle should always be relaxed ...also you have to know the ideals areas within each muscle where to hit (es. in the buttocks is the upper external quadrant)
    My advice, learn to inject in the buttock, less painful and easier than in quadriceps.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thank you guys. I think the feeling of passing out could have come from stress I wanted to make sure I got everything right. I was definitely at least 3 inches below where you recommended. Thanks for the guide though, that made it really clear for me. Can't wait til my next injection!
    Yes it kind of common, it's the stress response, the vagus nerve tries to compensate the stress so blood pressure and heart rate go down, and you feel like passing out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0017.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	654.2 KB 
ID:	165739

Pardon the pasty white thigh. From the picture you can see I missed the mark and came in low. Anything to worry about if I injected in that area. I have a little discomfort an hour after the injection but nothing too bad

TestoSuper is offline Associate Member
    yes if you do a google research under "intramuscolar injection areas" and see the pictures, you have all the informations you need..

ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    Pardon the pasty white thigh. From the picture you can see I missed the mark and came in low. Anything to worry about if I injected in that area. I have a little discomfort an hour after the injection but nothing too bad
    when you entered that low did it not hurt as you poked the pin in..
    i hit low , the pain was to great to continue, changed the needle and re pinned in the right spot, painless if you hit the right area.
    pin outer or just off center of quad works best for me, 1 inch pin
    buried, but you never mentioned asperation, maybe you were too nervous

ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Inject in your upper side ass. Done that severel 100 times. Never ever had problemes. That spot is by far the best, min nerves and veins.
    L
    do you do it yourself? what size pin? 1 1/2"
    are you standing? how do you relax muscle?
    very interested in trying this, just afraid or asperating,
    and not keeping the needle still enough

It did hurt when I entered that low but I stuck with it since it was already in. I know it was the wrong spot but it went in the muscle so shouldn't it be ok. I just want to make sure I didn't do anything harmful. Can anyone give me some peace of mind. I won't make this mistake again. Also is the other area I circled on my leg the right spot for my next injection.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    My first injection was the longest thinnest needle I could get at a farm store. Bout an inch and a quarter 16 guage. I shot that shit and when I removed it from my ass cheek half my test came shooting back out the hole. I did this many time before I got the right pins. I never about passed out but I sure cussed a lot! I would shoot the gloot if I were you. Use a mirror if necessary for asperation.

Thanks for the advice. I only have 25guage 1inch pins. Would that be ok for glute or would I need 1.5 inch? Also I don't mind the pain and I like the easy access with the quad. I just want to make sure I'm pinning in the right spot. Based on the picture I posted is the higher circle I drew a good spot for my next injection (I will inject on the other leg of course)?

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    You don't have anything to worry about in regards to your last injection.
    Personally I rotate injecting both glutes (upper outside) and both delts. 1" 25 gauge needle works good for me.
    I tried injecting my quads but the very first time I hit a nerve that hurt like hell! I just find that glutes and delts are much easier. Remember, it's going to take a few pins to condition your injection sites. Whenever you get passed that point it will be smooth sailing! Oh, and never inject with the same needle that you draw with. It dulls the needle and makes for an uncomfortable injection. So, draw with one needle, then screw on a new one and inject away. Good luck bro!

Thank you so much Strongblood. Great advice and I now have peace of mind! Also good to know I can use my 1 inch pins for glute injections so I don't have to order different ones. I used an 18guage to draw and switched to a 25guage for the injection. I will try the other quad next injection and then right glute then left glute. Not sure if I want to try delts this cycle. Thanks for all of the input everyone. So glad I have this forum to get advice and feedback for my first cycle.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    It's called a vaso-vagal response. Basically you caused yourself to Passout by overloading the parasympathetic nervous system (the brakes if you will) and causing the vagus nerve to signal the heart, lungs and vascular system to hit the breaks and bottom out. This is why people pass out at weddings or at the sight of blood. There is nothing medically wrong with you, just calm yourself and you will be fine.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    It's called a vaso-vagal response. Basically you caused yourself to Passout by overloading the parasympathetic nervous system (the brakes if you will) and causing the vagus nerve to signal the heart, lungs and vascular system to hit the breaks and bottom out. This is why people pass out at weddings or at the sight of blood. There is nothing medically wrong with you, just calm yourself and you will be fine.
    Either that, or microembolism from pinning in such a vein infested area. Although, serious cough would have to be reported.

Seriously, thats a bad spot for injecting. Even the place with circle around it is too low. Quads have very dense circulatory system and nervous system, you know you can walk for hours, right?
    The area to pin is at groin height, outer side. Glutes are much safer for beginners.

Thanks BB. Do you think 1 inch is ok for glutes. That's all I have on hand.

Also your suggestion of microembolism has me a bit worried. I just read about that and it doesn't sound good at all. If I haven't had any side effects today besides a little soreness at the injection site, do you think I can rule out microembolism?

Thanks BB. Do you think 1 inch is ok for glutes. That's all I have on hand.
    Yes, it should be enough, but a box of 100 needles is like 15$ or less. I use 1,25'' for glutes, make sure the needle is all the way in, and use the gluteus medius.

Also your suggestion of microembolism has me a bit worried. I just read about that and it doesn't sound good at all. If I haven't had any side effects today besides a little soreness at the injection site, do you think I can rule out microembolism?
    Dont worry. If you pin enough you will get it eventually. Its called tren cough by gym bros, but you can get it with any oil.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Do yourself a favour and go to spotinjections.com it will show you exactly where to pin and show you legs shoulders ass and a few other places....

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Thanks Booz I just took a look at all the pictures on that site. BB I'll have to read up more about microembolism. Is that something I should go see a doctor for?

Quote Originally Posted by Booz View Post
    Do yourself a favour and go to spotinjections.com it will show you exactly where to pin and show you legs shoulders ass and a few other places....
    Was checking this site and although good information about sterile procedures and others, don't completely agree with the quad and glute spots. Quad is extremely rich in vessels and nerves, and the mid and lower sections are really bad spots:

Put this picture up cause OP doesnt have this vascularity so he cannot see the superficial veins. This are only the superficial veins, plenty more deep ones.

I do pin quads but do it at the top of quad outer head, there's a spot with fewer veins. PIP is a lot smoother there also, different muscle fibers.

Glute should be done in glute medius, not in gluteus maximus like in the spotinjections photos.

Thanks Booz I just took a look at all the pictures on that site. BB I'll have to read up more about microembolism. Is that something I should go see a doctor for?
    No, it goes away in 5 minutes. Dont worry about it. geez

Haha I know I'm a little paranoid but that was my first IM injection and this is my first cycle so I need all the help and advice I can get. Much appreciated everyone.

BuildingBlock is offline Junior Member
    Wouldn't put it in my quad, just pin it in the ass, I just started and I don't even switch out the 18 g 1 1/2 " needle, I just draw it and shoot it, easy

yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    Haha I know I'm a little paranoid but that was my first IM injection and this is my first cycle so I need all the help and advice I can get. Much appreciated everyone.
    Also lean your body weight on the opposite leg and relax the side your injecting; on tense the other side relax and breathe; the more relaxed the better

Thread Information