Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By songdog

Thread: Shoulder Fire

XFit4Real is offline New Member

Shoulder Fire

Hey Guys

So please give me your opinions on this

Im week 2 of my cycle (Test E,Masteron ,Proviron ) trained on Sat in a fitness comp did alot of overhead movements,pull ups,push press,overhead squat that sort of thing but now i cant do anything above my head since monday and its wednesday ?

It burns to the point of not being able to continue and its not pump i dont think its different.

Surelly muscles would have recovered by now ?,,,, could it be that i overdid it or could it be the effect of the gear ?
    Im not pinning the shoulders so that rules that out hopefully but it feels as if the shoulders are on fire to a point i cant train and its getting very frustrating as its holding me back as im used to this sort of training so its new for me

Any thoughts?

Not quite sure what you mean by, "i cant do anything above my head...". When you raise you arms above your head, your shoulders burn, your rotators hurt, no shoulder movement, weakness in certain motions?

How long have u been training?
    How long have you been doing crossfit?

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XFit4Real View Post
    Hey Guys

So please give me your opinions on this

Im week 2 of my cycle (Test E,Masteron ,Proviron ) trained on Sat in a fitness comp did alot of overhead movements,pull ups,push press,overhead squat that sort of thing but now i cant do anything above my head since monday and its wednesday ?

It burns to the point of not being able to continue and its not pump i dont think its different.

Surelly muscles would have recovered by now ?,,,, could it be that i overdid it or could it be the effect of the gear ?
    Im not pinning the shoulders so that rules that out hopefully but it feels as if the shoulders are on fire to a point i cant train and its getting very frustrating as its holding me back as im used to this sort of training so its new for me

Any thoughts?
    Even when doing tricep,extensions. Above head or decline flys etc my left shoulder always heats up. But that's because I think I fried it up from years of brick laying and labor. I just lay off of it if it gets to hott so to speak. But it doesn't fail on me. It's like my front delt area like deep inside. Rotator cuff I think but just feel it out man or the doctors.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Whats the proviron for?

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    You should be at the Doctors office.I would have it checked out.
    Livinlean likes this.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like you over trained yourself. I trained chest 5 days ago and today while grabbing the bar for squats my chest was extremely sore while stretching so being sore 3 days later is definitely possible.

I do agree with songdog, go get it checked out to be safe. Its really hard for someone to diagnose online..

Hey all

It's not the rotator I don't think it's in the delt muscle itself dead Centre both arms

Been training same movements and routine for over 2 years. Gym all my life

This morning woke up and it feels fine just feels like any other muscle ,,can raise arms above head etc not too stiff ,,,I don't think it's a doc related issue because it's not an injury it's just happens on both shoulders while doing the overhead movements ,,the shoulders actually become hot ,,,it might be that my body hasn't experienced this sort of hard training before the cycle as I have increased training from 2-3 a week to 5 ,,,I'm going to right it to to overtraining try stay away from those movements till next week focus on legs etc

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience on gear but I feel better that it might just be muscle soreness

I had the provi from a previous course so just added it thought it wouldn't hurt

Could the Proviron and Masteron cause this in the shoulder as it might be drying out the joints or not?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Could the Proviron and Masteron cause this in the shoulder as it might be drying out the joints or not?
    Your explanation of the problem is really strange. Is it pain? Why you say fire???

Rotator cuff pain is usually tendinitis, and it hurts like a normal pain, it doesn't burn...

Drying out? How would hormones affect the synovial fluid in the shoulder joint?

Its a burning sensation and hurts like the shoulder is burning inside when doing presses or thrusters movements like that above the head,,,not a pump but more of burninig stiffness sensation

I thought it might be rotator cuff but it feels muscular and also i dont think it would have happened to both shoulders at the same time last week i was great,,,im really thinking it was just over-training on Saturday might have just hurt it abit.

I heard that masteron and provi dry out joints so was asking

Quote Originally Posted by XFit4Real
    I thought it might be rotator cuff but it feels muscular
    FYI: your rotator cuffs are muscle

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I just got diagnosed with a torn Labrum. The pain in the rage of motion you describe is similar. Everyone experiences pain differently but that the right range of motion. My rot cuffs are fine, MRI says so. When you pick things up with the arm straight and dangling-like (not using muscles), does it feel like there is a weakness and instability right in the shoulder joint? Or, if while sitting, you grab put your hand over a bar or the desk, arm 90-degree to floor, does it feel like there isn't anything holding your arm to your body in he joint? Those are two things that I felt. Also, reaching into your back jeans pocket, or over the head like your preparing to throw a football.
    Just go to doc and tell him you are feeling "impingement, weakness, 'There's nothing holding my arm to my body,' the pain keeps me up at night and limits my activity" justify him sending you to the MRI so that you know for sure. DO NOT AGREE TO A CORTISONE SHOT! It will put surgery date back by three months. And, don't do mobility exercises trying to figure out the extent of your injury, it just maks it worse and can cause pieces to break loose and float around in the joint.
    Good luck

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Its a burning sensation and hurts like the shoulder is burning inside when doing presses or thrusters movements like that above the head,,,not a pump but more of burninig stiffness sensation

I thought it might be rotator cuff but it feels muscular and also i dont think it would have happened to both shoulders at the same time last week i was great,,,im really thinking it was just over-training on Saturday might have just hurt it abit.

I heard that masteron and provi dry out joints so was asking
    I doubt it has anything to do with the MASTERON and PROVIRON that your using.
    They could just be overtrained or a possible injury.

BuildingBlock is offline Junior Member
    Sorry to say, I agree with everyone else, sounds like an injury

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by XFit4Real
    Hey Guys So please give me your opinions on this Im week 2 of my cycle (Test E,Masteron,Proviron) trained on Sat in a fitness comp did alot of overhead movements,pull ups,push press,overhead squat that sort of thing but now i cant do anything above my head since monday and its wednesday ? It burns to the point of not being able to continue and its not pump i dont think its different. Surelly muscles would have recovered by now ?,,,, could it be that i overdid it or could it be the effect of the gear ? Im not pinning the shoulders so that rules that out hopefully but it feels as if the shoulders are on fire to a point i cant train and its getting very frustrating as its holding me back as im used to this sort of training so its new for me Any thoughts?
    Title caught my eye. Only time I felt that shoulder on fire and couldn't lift my arm was rc injury.

UPDATE: RC cuff is fine Physio says all ok just over-trained and also not using correct form shoulders are rolling forward in the movements causing 45 degree angle and the shoulders are not loving that so yea rest and good form all will be good thanks to all who commented on this it helps alot

Thread Information