Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Renholder is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    284

    Is T3 worth using at the end of a small cutting cycle? Won't be using steroids.

    Hello all,

    I happen to be cutting down body fat at the moment and I also happen to be in possession of pharmaceutical grade T3 at 20 mcg. I have 50 capsules, so enough for approximately 20-25 days of use on a moderate dose I suppose.

    My diet is good and I'm already at roughly 10-12% bodyfat. I've always struggled with the last stubborn pounds of fat and I'd like to avoid being on a diet 'forever', so I've been considering using the T3 I have left.

    The preliminary plan was to use it for say the last two weeks of a cut and then for another week while tapering off my diet.

    Concerns:

    - Muscle loss?

    - Hormonal imbalances or side effects.

    The latter is a concern since I seemed to have some hormonal issues in the past that I've luckily resolved now. From what I'm reading though, T3 seems to be pretty safe to use. I've also trialed it in the past as medical treatment from my doctor, which is why I have these pills.

    If not - any suggestions for another legal burner that could trim those last pounds?

    Thanks in advance!

    Renholder

  2. #2
    krugerr's Avatar
    krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UK (Nr London)
    Posts
    3,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
    I happen to be cutting down body fat at the moment and I also happen to be in possession of pharmaceutical grade T3 at 20 mcg. I have 50 capsules, so enough for approximately 20-25 days of use on a moderate dose I suppose.

    The preliminary plan was to use it for say the last two weeks of a cut and then for another week while tapering off my diet.

    Concerns:

    - Muscle loss?

    - Hormonal imbalances or side effects.
    Morning neighbour,

    I should have said, that all problems when cutting/dieting can usually be address by looking at the diet. Diet is always more important than adding compounds.
    Simple answer. No. I would not recommend you use the T3 without the addition of AAS. T3 does not discriminate, you'll lose muscle tissue and fat, which is counterproductive.
    I'll address the dosage, the 'average' person makes 'approximately' 25ug a day of T3. Supplementing with 40ug wouldnt be a bad dose, but most will recommend a starting dose of 50ug/day for males.

    I would recommend you hold onto these. Whilst T3 is fairly easy and cheap to acquire, its always nice to have some Pharm stuff. I suggest you stick these in the cupboard and save them for a time when you are on AAS, and can make much better use of them. Otherwise you're just throwing hard earned muscle down the toilet, literally.

    If you absolutely had to look at other compounds, Ephadrine, Caffeine, Yohimbe, Green tea extract can all be used to great effect. Austinite posted a "Fat Loss Stack" guide here on the forums using over the counter products. I suggest you give this a solid reading!

    -Krugerr

    *Edit*
    Also note, that any sticking points whilst dieting can be addressed by revisiting the diet. Hit up the nutrition section, you may be missing a trick.
    Last edited by krugerr; 10-12-2016 at 03:27 AM.

  3. #3
    numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,111
    Unless you're using a moderate to high amount of androgens then stay away from t3.

    It's easier to lose bf than it is to add muscle tissue. Like mentioned about, unless you're taking androgens t3 will burn fat at the same rate as muscle tissue.

    You don't really have enough t3 to make this idea effective. You need to use at least 75mcg of t3 on a cut and you'd only have enough for 13 days at that dose. That's just not enough time and a waste of shutting down you thyroid.

    Not sure where you heard t3 has low side effects. I have a fair amount of experience using t3 while cutting and bulking. When I get into doses of 50mcg+ there are more sides then any other hormone I've taken.

    Imo you'd be better off considering albuterol or clenbuterol .

  4. #4
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,499
    I agree with the others..its powerful. I didnt even like taking it on a big blast cycle...i eventually dropped both t3 and clen all together. I would say not worth it imho.

  5. #5
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I agree with the others..its powerful. I didnt even like taking it on a big blast cycle...i eventually dropped both t3 and clen all together. I would say not worth it imho.
    x2^^^... thought I was going to die using t3 lol

  6. #6
    Renholder is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    284
    Hi,

    Appreciate the advice, gentlemen. Actually, I'm surprised to see the consensus is "Don't", so I'm glad I'm asked.

    Regarding diet:

    I seem to be steadily losing fat using a diet that was custom made for me by a rather famous online coach, so I think it should be good. In summary, I do weights 3 times per week and eat maintenance/slight surplus on those days. 3 days per week I do PSMF days with only protein and limited amounts of carb and fat. The 4th day I may eat a little more than the pure PSMF days, but still a deficit.

    My interest in a fat loss enhancer is merely to speed up the process and get this over with as I don't really like dieting for long periods of time. Also, I was hoping it could help with stubborn fat?

    And since I had legal T3 lying around, I figured perhaps I could make use of it.

    By the way, I'm already fairly lean. I can spot my ABS in the mirror. I'd just like to lose perhaps 4-5 pounds to look really lean. Usually, I quickly lose weight down to the point where I'm at now, but from here on, things just seem to stall.

    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    If you absolutely had to look at other compounds, Ephadrine, Caffeine, Yohimbe, Green tea extract can all be used to great effect. Austinite posted a "Fat Loss Stack" guide here on the forums using over the counter products. I suggest you give this a solid reading!

    Also note, that any sticking points whilst dieting can be addressed by revisiting the diet. Hit up the nutrition section, you may be missing a trick.
    I'll make sure to check out that thread. Fairly busy this week, so haven't had the time yet, but I will over the weekend.

    I've heard some people recommend nicotine for fat loss, so I've been considering that as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Not sure where you heard t3 has low side effects. I have a fair amount of experience using t3 while cutting and bulking. When I get into doses of 50mcg+ there are more sides then any other hormone I've taken.

    Imo you'd be better off considering albuterol or clenbuterol.
    I think I've read it somewhere. Also, I used it in the past and didn't really notice anything. Of course, it's dose related. I was never over 100 mcg.

    I'm not sure those two are alternatives as I don't have access to those drugs.

    Thanks for your reply.

  7. #7
    Renholder is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    284
    I took a look at that thread by Austenite. Thanks.

    The problem for me here in Norway is that over the counter products are very limited and one of the recommended substances (synephrine) is illegal and our doses of green tea are very low.

    I'm now chewing nicotine gum. 4 mg per day. Hopefully that will have some effects.

    The reason I wanted to use the T3 in the first place is that I know how hard it is for me to get some potent stuff and I figured it could be of some help. But I suppose it will end up in the garbage.

  8. #8
    Renholder is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    284
    Anyone here have any experience using nicotine for fat loss?

    I've been using it since I last posted. 2 mg gum. Probably around 5-6 pieces per day.

    I tend to get cold hands when dieting, especially on low calorie PSMF days. I've always reasoned it was my body temperature decreasing due to low food intake. Ever since I started with nicotine gum, this hasn't happened.

    Hard to say if it's working, but I read positive stuff about it online.

  9. #9
    Renholder is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    284
    Bumping this thread!

    Due to illness, my prior attempt at dieting was quickly abandonded last year. Now, after the holidays, I've been consistently dieting with very good results. I've even increased strength on this diet. Basically, I eat high fat, moderate carb/protein on workout days on a maintenance/surplus intake. This is three days per week.

    Then, 4 days per week I do a PSMF approach with one hour of LISS cardio (fast paced walking outside).

    So, 8 weeks later, I've lost a good amount of bodyfat and maintained/gained muscle mass. But, things are noticeably slowing down and I'm at the same point in my past where things simply slow down and my body fat is stubborn as hell. I now have a decent physique and can spot my upper abs, but I estimate I would need to lose at most 4 pounds of pure fat before I'm happy. Maybe slightly less. So, I'm considering some changes...

    1. I did start using nicotine gum. It's hard to say if it has any effects for fat loss, but it does seem to help suppress apetite/hunger which is especially useful on my PSMF days. No dependency issues. My family was around last weekend and I took some time off then. Zero need for it.

    2. I am considering using this T3 I have. Would you people still advice against it? I realize muscle loss may be an issue, but also, I plan on using it for only 2 weeks or so.

    3. Any diet changes worth considering? I have a template from Martin Berkhan that I got a few years back. Intermittent fasting with LOW fat and relatively high carb/protein compared to what I do now.

    Or simply stick with what I'm doing and accept that it will take TIME to rid those last pounds?

    Since I live in Norway, I will sadly not have access to any other good OTC fat burners. At best, I think I'll be able to get some weak green tea extract.

    Thanks in advance!

  10. #10
    hollowedzeus's Avatar
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
    Bumping this thread!

    Due to illness, my prior attempt at dieting was quickly abandonded last year. Now, after the holidays, I've been consistently dieting with very good results. I've even increased strength on this diet. Basically, I eat high fat, moderate carb/protein on workout days on a maintenance/surplus intake. This is three days per week.

    Then, 4 days per week I do a PSMF approach with one hour of LISS cardio (fast paced walking outside).

    So, 8 weeks later, I've lost a good amount of bodyfat and maintained/gained muscle mass. But, things are noticeably slowing down and I'm at the same point in my past where things simply slow down and my body fat is stubborn as hell. I now have a decent physique and can spot my upper abs, but I estimate I would need to lose at most 4 pounds of pure fat before I'm happy. Maybe slightly less. So, I'm considering some changes...

    1. I did start using nicotine gum. It's hard to say if it has any effects for fat loss, but it does seem to help suppress apetite/hunger which is especially useful on my PSMF days. No dependency issues. My family was around last weekend and I took some time off then. Zero need for it.

    2. I am considering using this T3 I have. Would you people still advice against it? I realize muscle loss may be an issue, but also, I plan on using it for only 2 weeks or so.

    3. Any diet changes worth considering? I have a template from Martin Berkhan that I got a few years back. Intermittent fasting with LOW fat and relatively high carb/protein compared to what I do now.

    Or simply stick with what I'm doing and accept that it will take TIME to rid those last pounds?

    Since I live in Norway, I will sadly not have access to any other good OTC fat burners. At best, I think I'll be able to get some weak green tea extract.

    Thanks in advance!
    Synepherine was a nightmare to find in the UK for me. Try searching for bitter orange extract or citrus arimantium. 4% (sometimes 6%) of the stated mg dosage is synepherine of these supplements .

    So 200mg of citrus arimantium could potentially be 12mg of synepherine. It is not always clear what the % is

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •