CJR24 is offline New Member

Cutting Cycle Diet?

I'm 6'5" and 260 lbs and have never tried AS, but I'm doing a lot of research and trying to make sure I get it right the first time. I've got about 2 years of lifting experience and I'm 25 years of age. I still have a lot of research to do, just need some advice. I'm wanting to cut fat while adding SOME lean muscle mass.

How's this for a daily diet while cutting?

Protien- 300 grams
    Carbs- 298 grams (almost all complex carbs)
    Fat- 20 grams (5 Saturated)
    Calories- 2300 (200 from fat)
    Sodium- 3800 mg (too high?)

Do I need to up my fat intake (unsaturated) and are my Carbs alright? How about 52 grams of simple carbs from Grape Juice post workout? I know people are different and that different diets work for different people, but I just want to know if I'm going in the right direction. Thanks for your help!

P.S. I'll be working out 4 times a week with moderate cardio for 20 minutes post workout each session.
    Last edited by CJR24; 12-13-2001 at 09:07 PM.

MUSTANG_18 is offline Associate Member
    Diet looks good..I would throw some EFA"s in there to up the fat intake...I personally think the carbs are way to high..I would go with 200 a day MAX! Up the protein to at least 400 a day and you are set. The simple carbs post workout are a must IMO weather you are cutting or not.

Would "Extra Virgin Olive Oil" be a good source of EFA's? I could add it to my shakes.

Ok, I've got the carbs down to 140 or so and the Fat up to 70 grams with four Tablespoons of Olive Oil ED. Protein is at 395. I've got a "diet planner" software on my computer, so I can plan my meals ahead of time and stick with my diet. I don't know how much more Tuna I can handle!

The original jason Guest
    CJR like Mustang said the carbs are very very high I wouldnt even go with 140 no way to cut I am not as heavy as you about 220 at the moment and cutting if you go to a thread in the diet forum called getting ripped you will see my diet I mess about with about 2040g carbs max when im cutting any more and I just dont lose, I hit cardi 5 x for 50mins a week and use some diff otc and other cutting things if you want to cut fat you have to be dedicated its no picnic if I was you I would give the low carb a try and see how you feel I still manage to workout 9x per week including 4 x lifiting ok I am not doing any max lifts or have no stamina cos of lack of carbs but it works!

peace
    Jason
    what diet program u use recipecalc??

I use "ProTrack 2000" for all my planning. It's got lifting and diet routines. Anything you can think of, it's on that software. Will figure everything out for you. I highly recommend it. Thanks for your help, BTW

P.S. I have Xenadrine and Rip Fuel for ECA's. Which is better?

The original jason Guest
    use both cycle them 2 weeks on an off usin one while you are off the other

now worries

JAson

MUSTANG_18 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by CJR24

P.S. I have Xenadrine and Rip Fuel for ECA's. Which is better?
    Both are good products but I personally find Adipokinetix by Syntrax to be the most potent fat burner on the market that I have used (thats legal anyways )

M18

Thread Information