75 Dogs is offline Junior Member

12 week cycle better than 10 week cycle?

On TRT and still planning for first cycle.

I keep reading it's common you don't notice a difference until about week 6. I also keep reading people suggesting 8 week cycles, and that you get diminishing returns after that (maybe easier to lose fat?).

Is there any advantage to splitting the difference between 8 and 12, and going for 10 weeks?

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Cycle lengths are all personal preference. Some people keep responding well into the 11th and 12th week. I, myself, am not one of those people. My gains come to an almost halt after the 8th week, so I will be implementing shorter cycles from here on out. Generally, if you're planning on running an 8 week cycle (or less), you'll get a greater benefit out of short esters (prop as opposed to Cyp or Enanthate ). If I were you, I would try out a 12 week cycle and see how you respond and for how long. Monitor gains closely. You can adjust future cycles based on this.

Let us know when you've thrown a rough idea of a cycle together, and we can critique it for you.

75 Dogs is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Cycle lengths are all personal preference. Some people keep responding well into the 11th and 12th week. I, myself, am not one of those people. My gains come to an almost halt after the 8th week, so I will be implementing shorter cycles from here on out. Generally, if you're planning on running an 8 week cycle (or less), you'll get a greater benefit out of short esters (prop as opposed to Cyp or Enanthate ). If I were you, I would try out a 12 week cycle and see how you respond and for how long. Monitor gains closely. You can adjust future cycles based on this.

Let us know when you've thrown a rough idea of a cycle together, and we can critique it for you.
    Thanks. I guess that's why that's exactly what's in the sticky for your first cycle.

My plan is to stick to that advice and do 500mg Test E a week.

The only hitch is I only obtained enough Enanthate for 10 weeks, so I would do 2 of the weeks with Test Cyp I already have [edit to point out this will equal 12 weeks total]. I wasn't sure whether to do the Cyp first and end with the E, or vice versa. I was thinking start with E in case the stuff was bad, then I wouldn't have wasted a bunch of my good stuff and could go back to TRT.

My HCG protocol will stay the same, but I will increase my AI from .125 mg Anastrazole twice a week on TRT to .25 mg every other day on cycle...adjusting based on how I feel and then on blood tests.
    Last edited by 75 Dogs; 10-27-2016 at 10:51 AM. Reason: added information about length of cycle

Thread Information