Thread: advice please

Tri boy is offline New Member

advice please

hi im new the forum would be really greatful for some advice
    im about to start my first cycle ,but not shore wat to use
    im a triathlete ,wanting to build more stamina &strength ,i do not want to gain weight!!
    stats are 40 yrs height 5/11 weight 180 pounds bf is 13% good diet ,train hard,
    i want to loose 7-10 pounds approx
    i have researched epo ,im a little nerves about
    also test E &gw or, eq & gw
    id be greatful for somebodies advice

thanks

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Welcome to the forum!

At your age, before considering an AAS cycle, you should order a full hormone panel in order to make sure you're healthy enough to cycle.

If you can't get a full hormone panel through a doctor or clinic you and order one privately.

Members here will help your understand your assay if you post your results.

If you are healthy enough to use AAS then your first cycle should only be test.

You would benefit from reading the attached thread several times.

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    if you are only looking to loose 7-10 lbs and not worried about anything else you should be able to accomplish that with diet and training alone. Just my opinion

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri boy View Post
    im a triathlete ,wanting to build more stamina &strength ,i do not want to gain weight!!

thanks
    If you dont want to gain weight, which is understandable for a tri athlete (180lbs is already on heavy side, although dont know which distances you do) steroids will not help you.

Yes, you will have a slight increase in stamina and recovery, although the biggest advantage for you its the VO2 max increase from higher hemoglobin and erythrocytes, but you will always have a weight increase from higher nitrogen retention together with glycogen and water in muscles.
    Either you lose some weight first and then start a testosterone cycle, 250mgs per week its the recommended for endurance. Leave EQ for next cycles, first see what happens with testosterone only.

Guys here will tell you to do 500mgs of testosterone, which is a bodybuilding cycle, nothing you want to mess with IF triathlon performance is what you seek.

The only option without gaining weight is EPO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri boy View Post

thanks
    Both your cycles you mention will make you gain muscles and subsequently, weight. If all you want is to lose weight and gain endurance, steroids is not your best solution. Steroids are mostly used increase strength and power output. Endurance sports need steady state energy production through the cardio vascular energy system. This is different than the energy systems used by weight lifters. I know that EPO is used by endurance athletes but I've also read that EPO can kill you. From a steroid perspective, I can only tell you to go on a 40/30/30 diet and do high altitude training to increase your red blood cells. Stay away from the steroids. The benefits from steroid use won't offset the side effects, IMO.

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    EPO is great for endurance sports. That with training and rest.

I can help you out with the EPO details if you decide I go that route. I've done it for the past 2 years racing endurance sports with great success.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-IronClydes

"Half of any battle you face in life is just showing up every day, despite how you feel"

Thread Information