Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Sicko's Avatar
    Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,571

    WAY WAY...elevated heart rate on T3 during cardio?

    So I am having my first go at T3 and checked my heart rate during the HIT phase of my cardio and it said my heart rate was 215 !!! It totally freaked me out!! I stopped HIT, resumed lower intensity and dropped my heart rate down to 170.
    I'm not sure if the machine was acting up or if that is normal for your heart rate to be elevated while on T3.
    I take my dose of 60mcg at 4:15am and by 4:30 I am doing 45 minutes of cardio with HIT mixed in at intervals.
    My heart rate at the end of HIT before T3 was typically up towards 170 with my strides at 250-275 per minute. (which is right on target at my age for MHR)
    My heart rate is around 135 during normal cardio with my stride at 160-170 per minute.(once again right on target for my age at 80% of MHR)
    Should I be taking my T3 at night to avoid heart rate spikes or is this a common condition while cycling T3?
    Should I not be doing HIT during T3 cycle?
    LMK..
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Could the HR monitor be off?

  3. #3
    Sicko's Avatar
    Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Could the HR monitor be off?
    I kinda was thinking it is too. Same machine that I always use with typical readings every day...Funny thing is that when it said my HR was 215 I was only a minute into my HIT interval... I was barely even breathing hard... I know my body pretty well and I felt fine...It scared the crap out of me though. I finished my work out but was on spook mode that I was gonna be that guy who is flipping around on the gym floor having a coronary.

  4. #4
    Sicko's Avatar
    Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,571
    Bump^^^ for T3 users experience or facts on elevated heart rate on T3...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    So I am having my first go at T3 and checked my heart rate during the HIT phase of my cardio and it said my heart rate was 215 !!! It totally freaked me out!! I stopped HIT, resumed lower intensity and dropped my heart rate down to 170.
    I'm not sure if the machine was acting up or if that is normal for your heart rate to be elevated while on T3.
    I take my dose of 60mcg at 4:15am and by 4:30 I am doing 45 minutes of cardio with HIT mixed in at intervals.
    My heart rate at the end of HIT before T3 was typically up towards 170 with my strides at 250-275 per minute. (which is right on target at my age for MHR)
    My heart rate is around 135 during normal cardio with my stride at 160-170 per minute.(once again right on target for my age at 80% of MHR)
    Should I be taking my T3 at night to avoid heart rate spikes or is this a common condition while cycling T3?
    Should I not be doing HIT during T3 cycle?
    LMK..
    Thanks.

  5. #5
    cyounger100's Avatar
    cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    928
    I've been taking T3 for many year's on and off now and I am currently running it . My Heart rate has never been elevated on it so my best guess would be the machine was wrong or you don't have T3 and maybe it was bunk or something totally different your taking . Is it pharm grade T3 ?

  6. #6
    Sicko's Avatar
    Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by cyounger100 View Post
    I've been taking T3 for many year's on and off now and I am currently running it . My Heart rate has never been elevated on it so my best guess would be the machine was wrong or you don't have T3 and maybe it was bunk or something totally different your taking . Is it pharm grade T3 ?
    yeah I hope that is all it is. I will jump on another machine in the AM to see if I get a different reading.
    Not Pharm...It better be real though... I got it from the LION...where is our sponsor anyhow? I've been gone for a good minute did I miss something?

  7. #7
    cyounger100's Avatar
    cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    928
    Yea his stuff is usually pretty consistent so I would say its GTG . If tomorrow your rate is super high on another machine I would def stop taking it and see if it gets any better after that cause 200s is really really high unless the person was really out of shape . Gotta be careful with the heart man it's the only one you got .

  8. #8
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Did it feel like your heart rate was that high lol,or were u just going off the monitor ..

  9. #9
    nattydread's Avatar
    nattydread is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    62
    Never had t3 raise my heart rate. It does raise my temperature like it supposed to.

  10. #10
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    It should raise HR a bit, but not like that. The only way your HR could have gone that high is if you had a run of tachyrhythmia (likely SVT). Your monitor probably just glitched.

  11. #11
    ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by nattydread View Post
    Never had t3 raise my heart rate. It does raise my temperature like it supposed to.
    hence you should be monitoring your body temp, this would be
    an indication of quality T3, you should be running a little high,
    if not you have something other than T3, or a low dose T3,
    never heard of it affecting heart rate, it affects your metabolism
    by speeding it up

  12. #12
    Sicko's Avatar
    Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,571
    Thanks for all the replies fellas.
    Ran a two day observation during my cardio on two different machines and my HR was within 5-10 beats of typical...I guess the machine that read 215 bpm just crapped out...
    That was my second day on my first run of T3 so seeing a reading like that made me think that I missed something in my research and I was going to be a statistic.
    Anyways pushed hard this morning and didn't get over 171 so all is good.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •