Thread: Advise please

Ljupkda is offline New Member

Advise please

Hi,
    I'm mad into football It was the sport I was strongest at 10 months ago I had a meniscus bucket handle tear and haven't been able to play since. I'm desperate to play football again but have given up as it is getting worse everyday, so now I've decided I want to be one of the best at weightlifting in my gym.I've been training around 16months so I am far from the best. Today I've had a C.T scan on my collar bone as I've been having issues and have been advised to stop weightlifting as well as football. being 21 years old and feeling this useless is the worst feeling ever. As embarrassing as it is to admit im starting to get depressed not being able to do sport to a level I know I'm capable off. Especially where all my closest friends are football crazy too and they are constantly talking about football around me. Can anyone advise what steroids would be good for bones/joints/muscle/torn muscles etc as well as gaining size&strength.

Sorry for the life story but I thought I would leave my reasoning now before people stared asking why take gear so young.

Thanks in advance

JackSwole is offline Associate Member
    Man, I feel for ya. Injuries blow. I can tell you that first hand. What I will also tell you is that the vets on here are going to most likely advise you to stay away from AAS at your age. I'd agree with them. Your best bet is solid, strict physical therapy. Stick with it - it can be monotonous, but given a good amount of time, you can be right back on the field w/o f'ing up your developing system. Good luck dude.

Thanks man I've been doing physio(lower limb classes) which initially they said wasn't needed but it's getting worse for sure. Initially they said I'd be back to football in 2 months but just kept adding time to recovery process and now won't even give a rough date to when it will heal. Time will tell, in terms of collar bone I am waiting for results back but my consultant has told me he's sure it's weight lifting and has told me to stop.

It sound like you need a surgical procedure done on your knee and a second opinion on your collar bone. There is no steroid that is going to magically heal your body. Your body is an amazing machine and it will heal itself if it is treated properly. If you need to get your knee scoped, get that done so you can get back to your active life. Your collar bone just sounds kinda fishy. i don't know your doctor but he need to tell you exactly what is wrong with your collar bone and prescribe physical therapy, exercises, stretches, medication, surgery or at least tell you when you'll be healed enough to exercise. Hold off on the steroid thing for now. It isn't going to help your current situation. Attack the problems in your knee and collar bone. Don't treat the symptom with steroids .

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljupkda View Post
    Hi,
    I'm mad into football It was the sport I was strongest at 10 months ago I had a meniscus bucket handle tear and haven't been able to play since. I'm desperate to play football again but have given up as it is getting worse everyday, so now I've decided I want to be one of the best at weightlifting in my gym.I've been training around 16months so I am far from the best. Today I've had a C.T scan on my collar bone as I've been having issues and have been advised to stop weightlifting as well as football. being 21 years old and feeling this useless is the worst feeling ever. As embarrassing as it is to admit im starting to get depressed not being able to do sport to a level I know I'm capable off. Especially where all my closest friends are football crazy too and they are constantly talking about football around me. Can anyone advise what steroids would be good for bones/joints/muscle/torn muscles etc as well as gaining size&strength.

Sorry for the life story but I thought I would leave my reasoning now before people stared asking why take gear so young.

Thanks in advance
    I'm pretty sure roids don't heal ur body's tendon tears muscle or broke bones lol or shit like that. I think hgh helps build cartilage and bone density etc. not sure. But sometimes u got to roll with the punches and recover naturally over time ..why try to patch it up so to speak and damage more by all the strains of training. And ur body isn't its natural potential and u will probably hurt ur self more from the strength gains using roids while not having built up any of your other areas that aid u...Def not scientific terms But I just never knew the easy way out especially at your young age. Give it ur full potential natural all first before u think u need compunds to help u out in that area..plus I'll hear it over and over that ur to young and u might permanently damage ur body. .

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Ps. Don't mind my half ass quick comments. I'm watching the World Series lol. To be continued ..plus I never cycled so again don't listen to me exactly lol

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    It sound like you need a surgical procedure done on your knee and a second opinion on your collar bone. There is no steroid that is going to magically heal your body. Your body is an amazing machine and it will heal itself if it is treated properly. If you need to get your knee scoped, get that done so you can get back to your active life. Your collar bone just sounds kinda fishy. i don't know your doctor but he need to tell you exactly what is wrong with your collar bone and prescribe physical therapy, exercises, stretches, medication, surgery or at least tell you when you'll be healed enough to exercise. Hold off on the steroid thing for now. It isn't going to help your current situation. Attack the problems in your knee and collar bone. Don't treat the symptom with steroids.
    I've had keyhole surgery which only made it worse, initially they said I'd be back to sport 3 months after surgery it's now been 5 still miles off. Initially they said I didn't need any physio and would be find to go on now I need physio for a minimum of 8 weeks I can't see this progressing. As stupid as it sounds I don't think it's going to recover and if It does I believe it will be years I want to hit physical activity hard now whilst I can get away with training 6 days a week as I have no other commitments other than work.

Thread Information