Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: Best Asthma Inhaler

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Best Asthma Inhaler

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a good asthma inhaler? Air in Bangalore this time of year is incredibly poor and I was hoping this would alleviate that problem and at the same time increase my cardio performance somewhat. Any suggestions in this area are welcome. Google search shows an insane amount of information.

This is the best recommendation that my Googling could come up with: Symbicort (Budesonide + Formoterol)

Thanks
    ~t

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What exactly is wrong with the air?
    What are your symptoms?
    Age and pertinent medical history?

Blog Entries
    Bonaparte,

The pollution level this time of year is fairly insane. (Peenya, Bangalore, India Air Pollution: Real-time PM2.5 Air Quality Index (AQI)).

My symptoms are increased difficulty in breathing. I am using a filter when I am out and about and that has helped some. I am 44 and have no history of asthma or breathing difficulty with one exception being when I was using Tren -A which made breathing extremely difficult. Not used Tren since (May 15, 2016) and have no intention of using it again.

Thanks
    ~t

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My main concern is that using a corticosteroid could weaken the immune response in your lungs and make you more prone to respiratory infections. But on the flip side, excessive mucus secretion can cause pneumonia when it settles in your lungs. Ask your doctor if Symbicort is right for you.

PS: what sort of mask are you using? A properly fitted N90 respirator mask is the best (practical) protection out there.
    tarmyg likes this.

There you have it, Bonaparte has spoken. You're a walking encyclopedia.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    My main concern is that using a corticosteroid could weaken the immune response in your lungs and make you more prone to respiratory infections. But on the flip side, excessive mucus secretion can cause pneumonia when it settles in your lungs. Ask your doctor if Symbicort is right for you.

PS: what sort of mask are you using? A properly fitted N90 respirator mask is the best (practical) protection out there.
    I appreciate the feedback. I am using the mask you recommended and have been for a couple of weeks. I'll keep doing that for a while and see if things improve and if not I'll pursue these other options.

Thanks Bonaparte!

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    There you have it, Bonaparte has spoken. You're a walking encyclopedia.
    Yip, the man is just phenomenal.

BuildingBlock is offline Junior Member
    If you really need to have one just for quick breath during workout, use a short acting one like ventolin, proair, brand for generic albuterol. Generic is not available in the states but maybe different in your country. All the other one you mention are like for real copd issues, and are long acting kind which you don't really need

Thread Information