Macros is offline Junior Member

Week 5 of cycle - Acne

I'm in week 5 of a test E 500mg/week cycle. I'm following the "planning and executing a successful first cycle" plan exactly. Everything is going well so far - ive gained some size/strength but my skin is getting pretty oily. I had a little bit of acne in high school but nothing crazy. I'm 30yo now and didn't expect to be breaking out from a test E only cycle. Would anyone recommend taking accutane or is that too intense? If you would take it, what dosage?

Thanks!

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Oily skin is not acne.

Increase androgens, increase sebum production, not much way around it.

Accutane is for severe cystic acne.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Comes with the game with some guys.The best thing I can tell you is keep problem areas wiped down with something like Stridex.

Macros is offline Junior Member
    Thanks. Skin is oily but I also have acne on my shoulders and back. Came out of nowhere once I was 5 weeks in. If it gets worse is there anything I could take. I know you said accutane is for severe acne but couldn't I take a real low dose?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    Thanks. Skin is oily but I also have acne on my shoulders and back. Came out of nowhere once I was 5 weeks in. If it gets worse is there anything I could take. I know you said accutane is for severe acne but couldn't I take a real low dose?
    Accutane is worse than steroids , it should only be taken in last resort for cystic acne.

EDIT: Also it will not solve your problem immediately. During the 1st month of accutane your acne will be much worse.

Oily skin is very natural during a cycle, especially if this is one of your first cycles. The best thing to do is to keep your skin clean. Use a salacilic acid based soap (you can buy it from Walmart, Equate-walmart brand, in a pump bottle next to the Neutrogena acne wash) and shower twice a day. When you shower use a wash cloth and gob the wash cream onto it and really clean your skin well. This will reduce the chances of acne and dry out the existing acne.

Thread Information