Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Scuba Greaves
  • 1 Post By Vash the Stampede
  • 2 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By Scuba Greaves
  • 1 Post By APIs

Thread: Steroids while in Recovery (Narcotics)

Scuba Greaves is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

Steroids while in Recovery (Narcotics)

Hey people. I am over 4 months clean from all drugs and alcohol. I am working a good recovery program and have changed my life drastically. I have gotten into lifting and it is now my obsession. I have never felt so confident and healthy. I am not asking this because I plan on using gear anytime soon, but what are your thoughts on getting on a cycle while in recovery?? I have heard different opinions from different people. Obviously the majority say it counts as a relapse, some say for me to ask my sponsor, he says that HE has juiced and was totally fine (didn't count it as a relapse). Anyone else out there sober and have any advice??
    Thanks a bunch!!
    I am sorry if this is the incorrect place for this thread!!

-Scuba

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    I'm clean ..got clean like 4 years ago. After doing H for a few months. Went to prison and was awesome. Had a slip up cuz I thought I could party 1.5 years ago and I went from 220 natural out of prison training for a special forces program to 165 junked out. Lol. Now back up to 205 considering first cycle and I'm 30. I don't see any big deal. But then again I don't have any mental addiction or anything I chose to get high and couldn't handle getting sick so I continued to self medicate. I know friends that can get clean and always want to use. That must suck. Other then if U have an infraction with needles and if it may trigger ur urge,to,use drugs then not so sure.

Don't know ur drug of choice. But my friends and I through raves and I've either sold and did every party drug there is ..tons of acid and mushrooms etc and never had an issue till an x of mine had me try opiates. Pure evil, that shit is.

But I don't know if ur asking if it has any effects biologically or just mental. Or if ur wondering if it's considered a relapse lol. Well fuck whoever cuz they can think what the want as long as u practice a healthy and safe life style. Testosterone is a natural occurring compund in the body. Lol so it's not really like using drugs I don't think

Blog Entries
    man, I have done pretty much everything besides meth and pcp (not proud of this) my drug of choice are definitely hallucinogens (LSD, psilocybin) and GHB (love GHB so much)... however, the drug that really fucked my life up for a bit (I'm 26) was heroin. I was doing a lot of cocaine as well, but ODd 3 times in the past year from heroin. I don't THINK I would feel triggered from using a needle for gear, but now thinking about that, it's probably best not to risk...Definitely not this early in recovery. I am years away from my first cycle, if I ever even get to it, but I have been obsessing over lifting and very curious about roids, so I figured I would ask.
    Thanks for the prompt reply bud!!

-Scuba
    Euroholic likes this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Ahhhhhh drugs. I am a enthusiast you only live once mate. But after 4 months training you are still ages away from even needing steroids . Hows your diet going?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Guys, please restrain from talking about the narcotics, very thin line here.

Any advice for the OP about steroids ?

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    Im really not a fan of narcotics. Its just bad hews and an easy way to throw your life away.

Let's not group AAS in the same basket as narcotics. AAS are hormones and narcotics are addictive mind altering substances.

If you have an addictive personality that has had issues with narcotics, then AAS might not be for you. I know that addiction is a life long battle, and you wouldn't want another issue to cloud your recovery.
    Marsoc likes this.

GettingOldManStrong is offline New Member
    This is my first post. I'm a recovering alcoholic and drug addict with 22yrs clean and sober! I recommend focusing on recovery. Without it YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Greaves View Post
    man, I have done pretty much everything besides meth and pcp (not proud of this) my drug of choice are definitely hallucinogens (LSD, psilocybin) and GHB (love GHB so much)... however, the drug that really fucked my life up for a bit (I'm 26) was heroin. I was doing a lot of cocaine as well, but ODd 3 times in the past year from heroin. I don't THINK I would feel triggered from using a needle for gear, but now thinking about that, it's probably best not to risk...Definitely not this early in recovery. I am years away from my first cycle, if I ever even get to it, but I have been obsessing over lifting and very curious about roids, so I figured I would ask.
    Thanks for the prompt reply bud!!

-Scuba
    So what are u wondering the risk is by doing a cycle. Just because u used drugs before ...?

Right guys that's what I'm saying. I don't see anything that relates steroids to narcotics lol.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    You need to spend some time in the gym training and not 6 months and think you are ready to cycle.Most guys been lifting for yrs before even thinking of cycling.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Hey people. I am over 4 months clean from all drugs and alcohol. I am working a good recovery program and have changed my life drastically. I have gotten into lifting and it is now my obsession. I have never felt so confident and healthy. I am not asking this because I plan on using gear anytime soon, but what are your thoughts on getting on a cycle while in recovery?? I have heard different opinions from different people. Obviously the majority say it counts as a relapse, some say for me to ask my sponsor, he says that HE has juiced and was totally fine (didn't count it as a relapse). Anyone else out there sober and have any advice??
    Thanks a bunch!!
    I am sorry if this is the incorrect place for this thread!!

-Scuba
    If you do cycle this soon in I hope you see the determination that has to come with it and the discipline. You might even be able to use it in your favor. I don't drink on cycle or party at all really. All that fun shit you do as a kid makes you useless as an adult. This (aas) done properly will give you drive and put you in a frame of mind to succeed if you have the drive in you. Doing it properly means training to a plateau

Blog Entries
    Marsoc, and others - I am just curious, and wouldn't consider a cycle for a long long while, if I ever do, but I think it relates because both gear and narcotics use means putting a drug/chemical into my body for change. I also know that test is naturally in us, but so is GHB and small amounts of DMT, so I can't just write it off as completely okay because of that!! but I know it doesn't have the deadly/negative stigma that shooting narcotics has, but so many people in recovery are against it. I don't know one who has used gear besides my sponsor, who thinks it is fine, but I'm just trying to hear out both sides on the subject!

I really appreciate all of responses, and definitely hear yall's POVs! Keep lifting heavy people! Healthy lifestyles rock.

-Scuba

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Marsoc, and others - I am just curious, and wouldn't consider a cycle for a long long while, if I ever do, but I think it relates because both gear and narcotics use means putting a drug/chemical into my body for change. I know it doesn't have the deadly/negative stigma that shooting narcotics has, but so many people in recovery are against it. I don't know one who has used gear besides my sponsor, who thinks it is fine, but I'm just trying to hear out both sides on the subject!

I really appreciate all of responses, and definitely hear yall's POVs! Keep lifting heavy people! Healthy lifestyles rock.

-Scuba
    It's not a recreational drug. It's not gonna make you go to the moon (spare the tren hijinks). This makes your body recover faster. It's up to you to tear it down and feed it properly. People who don't know about aas don't really need to have an opinion. They have heard the media that's it. I honestly believe if you wanted you can turn this lifestyle into recreational drug replacement therapy. It's a hobby. Recovering people need a hobby. Don't use aas until you have made the full switch into the lifestyle would be my advice.

Marsoc, and others - I am just curious, and wouldn't consider a cycle for a long long while, if I ever do, but I think it relates because both gear and narcotics use means putting a drug/chemical into my body for change. I also know that test is naturally in us, but so is GHB and small amounts of DMT, so I can't just write it off as completely okay because of that!! but I know it doesn't have the deadly/negative stigma that shooting narcotics has, but so many people in recovery are against it. I don't know one who has used gear besides my sponsor, who thinks it is fine, but I'm just trying to hear out both sides on the subject!

-Scuba
    I know what u mean our body has natural opiates , receptors and shit lol. But u also put vitamins and other nutrients in ur body dude. So it has nothing to do with a stimulant like narcotics

Proximal is offline Banned
    Scuba, congrats on your success. My feeling is that the aas usage is relying upon a chemical to enhance what should occur naturally, similar to recreational drugs for pleasure. Really not a brilliant observation on my part, not at all.

I don't have a problem with doing either. However you have been in a very dark place and managed to escape. Do you really want to even get close to that again, particularly so soon? Just my 2 cents.
    Marsoc and NACH3 like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Scuba, congrats on your success. My feeling is that the aas usage is relying upon a chemical to enhance what should occur naturally, similar to recreational drugs for pleasure. Really not a brilliant observation on my part, not at all.

I don't have a problem with doing either. However you have been in a very dark place and managed to escape. Do you really want to even get close to that again, particularly so soon? Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks Proximal. and everyone else. Like I've said, it wouldn't be for a good while if I do decide to cycle, just trying to gain perspective, and yall have helped me with that!

-Scuba
    Obs likes this.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    My advice would be no

Cycling steroids effect our mental health and way of thinking

I wouldn't consider it until you've fully recovered which I believe is years not months

An example is coming off a simple testosterone cycle, you can feel low, depressed etc, you may think fk it il go buy some drugs to feel better

I don't think your in the right/stable frame of mind to be start messing your hormones when you have just done so well

Keep at the training and master your diet, you will still see some great results,
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 11-18-2016 at 12:42 PM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Congrats on being/& getting sober! You mention recovery... many people are sober but so unhappy - that's not recovered/or recovery to me... just my .02

I personally don't see it as a relapse(but maybe I should) these drugs do carry the weight to become just as addictive(I'd say nothing for a few years... as I've got friends and family who are 'clean' but not even remotely 'in recovery' BIG DIFFERENCE!

Stay clean and be around positive people and stay in the gym! Revisit this in a few yrs without any hiccups! Best of luck!
    Last edited by NACH3; 11-22-2016 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Reworded it

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have family & friends in recovery. No offense OP, but you're not sober after 4 months. Working a program of recovery & getting your life together should be your primary objective(s). Contemplating the introduction of 'any' drug at this time should be the farthest thing from your mind. You may also want to consider finding a new sponsor. Good luck...
    NACH3 likes this.

Thread Information