Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Muscle spasm during pin

Jonbana is offline Member

Muscle spasm during pin

Fast question I pin my thighs currently once a week left than right my left always painless problem free my my right always gives me problems .... it doesn't hurt but everytime I pin my right thigh about 1/4 way in and 1/2 way in my muscle twitches and spasm only the right side what gives ? Am I Hitting a nerv or something
    I cannot figure this out now for months if this is a serious problem or just me hitting a nerv once I'm in it stops so I inject currently 0.5cc

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    Fast question I pin my thighs currently once a week left than right my left always painless problem free my my right always gives me problems .... it doesn't hurt but everytime I pin my right thigh about 1/4 way in and 1/2 way in my muscle twitches and spasm only the right side what gives ? Am I Hitting a nerv or something
    I cannot figure this out now for months if this is a serious problem or just me hitting a nerv once I'm in it stops so I inject currently 0.5cc
    Happens to me too sometimes... I'll either pull the pin out or change the angle ever so slightly & it usually works out...

Also, are you pinning where your pants pocket would be(put the edge of your palm against your hip bone and where your middle finger lands is a good spot - & rule of thumb...

Or just like you said a nerve tendon or ligament maybe

I pin in the middle between the hip and knee but I am left handed so maybe the angle like you said cause my right leg is harder since I'm left handed and never have problems going left side
    My gf wants to learn glute shots I cannot reach around but she's scared so I keep doing my thighs but when this happens everytime on the right side does not make it fun at all

I did your hand placement lands right in the spot like dead centre lol maybe I'm to far towards the side or something

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I pin in the middle between the hip and knee but I am left handed so maybe the angle like you said cause my right leg is harder since I'm left handed and never have problems going left side
    My gf wants to learn glute shots I cannot reach around but she's scared so I keep doing my thighs but when this happens everytime on the right side does not make it fun at all

I did your hand placement lands right in the spot like dead centre lol maybe I'm to far towards the side or something

This has also happened to me lol - you want to pin where your pocket would be on your pants... and I always flex my quad prior to letting it relax - so I can see if I'm in the center and not off to the side so much...

Do you rotate sites? Delts tris pecs quads glutes

Yes I also flex before pinning to make sure than let it relax
    Since I'm pinning once a week i rotate thighs only when I see my trainer he does a glute shot for me

I wanna glute myself but can't reach around correctly delta never done them but remember it's only the right leg last time I pinned this leg was 4 weeks ago cause I got some glutes done

But what causes the whole leg to twitch is this a nerv maybe ? Something to worry about?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    But what causes the whole leg to twitch is this a nerv maybe ? Something to worry about?
    Most likely a nerve yes.... for ex; many people think pinning in the middle of the ass cheek is correct - it is not... you need to go upper outer quadrant almost on your hip but just below... what I'm bringing up is your sciatic nerve which runs from your ass to your foot in both legs - you hit this it'll bend your spike buckle your knees and be the most painful injection....

Just make sure your rotating sites which your giving the quads time but you can also pin all over your quads(at least 2 sites on each quad) - delts are painless

You sure you can't pin your glute using a mirror lol??

I thought about glute in the morrow with my trainer watching the first time I know the area but my problem is I don't see how I can reach around pin hold and aspirtate spelt wrong sorry from phone

Quads i use the same general area pocket deep outside 45 deg

Just annoying how it's the only right leg doesn't make pinning fun knowing it will happen everytime

As for delts never tried or had one done there

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Man I freaking hate hitting nerves like that! It's almost made me sick, when the whole muscle contracts and hurts like hell! Try to move over enough to get away from that nerve. My favorite place to pin is the upper outside quadrant in my glutes, almost in the hip. There's very few nerves there to worry about and it's always pain free for me. I use a 25g 1" needle that works great for me. I have to do that shot with one hand, but it's not hard at all. Just takes a bit of practice. Good luck bro!

Red Bastard is offline Member
    After Nach's replies, I have nothing to add. Other than it happens to me, occasionally, in quads. I pull out, and move 1/4"...

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Happened to me today pinning a deltoid with low volume tren - I just pushed it anyway but not fun, haha

Charlie6 is offline Senior Member
    Happens to me, too. I think that's just how the muscle responds sometimes. My Urologist's nurse assured me I'm not going to hit any nerves when I pin quads.

Sounds good just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me that's all everytime that side ugh!!

I'm gonna try a glute shot mysekf but wanna wait to see my trainer she he can help if I mess up , guessing it would be hard one handed and aspirtate somehow

Thanks for the feed back least I'm not the only one

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Sounds good just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me that's all everytime that side ugh!!

I'm gonna try a glute shot mysekf but wanna wait to see my trainer she he can help if I mess up , guessing it would be hard one handed and aspirtate somehow

Muscle spasm during pin-forumrunner_20161121_172343.jpg

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member

There's a vid on the steroid dot com homepage that is pretty decent.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie6 View Post
    Happens to me, too. I think that's just how the muscle responds sometimes. My Urologist's nurse assured me I'm not going to hit any nerves when I pin quads.
    Thats a complete nonsense. Quadriceps are probably of the most enervated and blood irrigated muscle... humm maybe calves beats it.
    Last edited by Mr.BB; 11-21-2016 at 04:49 PM.
    Red Bastard and NACH3 like this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    Happened to me today pinning a deltoid with low volume tren - I just pushed it anyway but not fun, haha
    Front delt is full of nerves, if you try rear delt its much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

Thats a complete nonsense. Quadriceps are probably of the most enervated and blood irrigated muscle... humm maybe calves beats it.
    I feel comfortable doing quads.

But....

I know for a fact the glutes are much better and less painful, cuzz I've had nurses inject test there 3 times.

I just don't feel comfortable doing it, I like to go slow and steady.

It takes me about 30 seconds from time pin touches skin, till the needles in deep enough for injection in quads.

I just like both eyes on it

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    I feel comfortable doing quads.

But....

I know for a fact the glutes are much better and less painful, cuzz I've had nurses inject test there 3 times.

I just don't feel comfortable doing it, I like to go slow and steady.

It takes me about 30 seconds from time pin touches skin, till the needles in deep enough for injection in quads.

I just like both eyes on it
    I'm with you on that I only do glute shots if someone else can do it for me but I think I need to attempt it myself quads are nice but getting annoying lately not fun being scared to pin everytime lately cause you know it's going to spasm

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't do glute shots often enough for the same reason,
    It's just a bit out of the way.
    However, doesn't matter if it's a bit skewed when injecting the glutes,
    provided they ain't very small.
    I've fucked up and injected almost horizontally into the glutes from the side,
    or in other ways so that the inject was very close to the skin.
    Just a tad uncomfortable, so quads it is mainly.

Muscular twitch in both glute and quads happens not that seldom, no problem at all. Remember to aspirate and don't hit the "glute nerve" and you'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    I don't do glute shots often enough for the same reason,
    It's just a bit out of the way.
    However, doesn't matter if it's a bit skewed when injecting the glutes,
    provided they ain't very small.
    I've fucked up and injected almost horizontally into the glutes from the side,
    or in other ways so that the inject was very close to the skin.
    Just a tad uncomfortable, so quads it is mainly.

Muscular twitch in both glute and quads happens not that seldom, no problem at all. Remember to aspirate and don't hit the "glute nerve" and you'll be good.
    Yeah quads seem safer over all just need to go lower down the leg maybe

Yeah quads seem safer over all just need to go lower down the leg maybe
    I had a good off of all landmarks and safe zones for injection. Shoulders, quads, glutes, and outer hip/glutes. Phone needed restored, lost it.

But I know the quads well, done all of mybinjections the last 12 weeks there.

This is what it looked like

Muscle spasm during pin-forumrunner_20161122_143804.jpg

Lol nice drawing I'm thinking maybe my right side damaged or something

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bastard View Post
    After Nach's replies, I have nothing to add. Other than it happens to me, occasionally, in quads. I pull out, and move 1/4"...
    Thx mate... I just back it out & change the angle ever so slightly or like you I'll pull the whole spike out then move a couple cm's lol

It's not supposed to hurt or be uncomfortable just a pin prick everything else besides pushing the oil in is the only time I feel anything & that's usually the initial push... sometimes plunger sticks and it releases quickly haha
    Red Bastard likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Lol nice drawing I'm thinking maybe my right side damaged or something
    Most likely scar tissue(doesn't sound like you pin tris chest or quads all that much)...

Does it feel 'crunchy' when the needle enters and then you feel it hit the muscle - at this point is there any pressure causing the needle to back out or stop going in? Or do you force it - doesn't hurt and that's a reason you go back

I'd suggest try using other sites - they'll be virgin muscles for the most part so I'd pin what I'm going to work that day - idk if I shoot and get pip I'll hit that muscle hard which I usually work the muscle I pin anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Most likely scar tissue(doesn't sound like you pin tris chest or quads all that much)...

Does it feel 'crunchy' when the needle enters and then you feel it hit the muscle - at this point is there any pressure causing the needle to back out or stop going in? Or do you force it - doesn't hurt and that's a reason you go back

I'd suggest try using other sites - they'll be virgin muscles for the most part so I'd pin what I'm going to work that day - idk if I shoot and get pip I'll hit that muscle hard which I usually work the muscle I pin anyway...
    Only my right thigh ... never my left currently once every two weeks the same one gets hit , when I pin the right now problem with pressure or anything just get a spasm every single time.. I just pin generally the same area on the thigh .
    when I spasm I just stop for a second it stops then continue pushing in ,

I only pin thighs myself I've never pined any other area myself , glutes I wanna try solo but worried about reaching around

if I attempt a delt shot I use 1" to long? but rather do my glutes with 1 inch but they seem more risky is you miss

Thread Information