Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Hitting veins - is this normal?

Coffeehead is offline Associate Member

Hitting veins - is this normal?

When you're pinning and slowly inserting the pin, should you know by feel if you hit a vein before you even get a chance to aspirate ?

I was pinning 300mg this AM, and twice it felt a little sharp as I inserted a maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of a inch. I pulled out and it began bleeding immediately - more than usual. Did it again in a different location, same thing. I switched out my pin just to be sure, and the 3rd time was the charm.

Should you feel pain from a vein if you happen to hit it?

sgt2jay is offline Knowledgeable Member
    sometime I feel a pinch sometimes I don't.
    I don't think it relates to hitting a vain. just be sure to aspirate . clear=good.

I have hit a vain many time more accurately pushed through one. you will know when you remove the pin. the injection point squirts like a squirt gun.

There will be some bleeding, kind of the result of sticking your self. if you properly aspirate you should have no issues

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Start pinning glutes
    Obs and Batmanreturns like this.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    You're probably hitting a nerve.

When I was pinning with 23ga I bled all the time. My wife made the comment that she thought I got hit in the hip with a racket ball because of the hematoma. I switched pins to 26ga and I bled a lot less. Don't worry about nicking a vein. Just push all the way in and aspirate .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Start pinning glutes
    I did both quads, left delt, right glute. Anything that I can use my right hand with since I'm more steady with it. (insert jokes here)

I still could not get a good angle and had some gnarly pip in my right glute. I must have been holding it at a bad angle because when I pulled the pin out, it was slightly bent. No good.

If I pin 2-3 times per week, is 3 location sites enough? Probably not right? What else should I add into the rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt2jay View Post
    sometime I feel a pinch sometimes I don't.
    I don't think it relates to hitting a vain. just be sure to aspirate . clear=good.

I have hit a vain many time more accurately pushed through one. you will know when you remove the pin. the injection point squirts like a squirt gun.

There will be some bleeding, kind of the result of sticking your self. if you properly aspirate you should have no issues
    Yup. I aspirated on the 3rd time and no blood so I was good. It was my 6th pin and first time I had any complications. Other than poorly holding the pin in place while injecting (see post above about bent pin from glute injections.)

EEK.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongblood View Post
    You're probably hitting a nerve.
    Would a nerve bleed like that though? Maybe I hit the jackpot and got a little bit of both.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You can't feel when you hit a vein.

JDToronto is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeehead View Post
    When you're pinning and slowly inserting the pin, should you know by feel if you hit a vein before you even get a chance to aspirate ?

I was pinning 300mg this AM, and twice it felt a little sharp as I inserted a maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of a inch. I pulled out and it began bleeding immediately - more than usual. Did it again in a different location, same thing. I switched out my pin just to be sure, and the 3rd time was the charm.

Should you feel pain from a vein if you happen to hit it?

I've tried chest, shoulders, glutes and quads...I did chest one time and apparently did it in the wrong area when I took the needle out there was blood,but it stopped right away then I got a bruise. Never doing chest again. Glutes I tried once, it's not comfortable doing it, never did it again. Shoulders, most times worked fine for me, but I've found quads the best and for me and for some reason my right thigh, if you massage it after you pin it, it helps, most times you won't feel pain afterwards. For some reason the left leg doesn't work well for me, it's painful, I can never get the right spot and later on I have trouble walking due to pain. But quads is easy to do and easy access. I use a 25g, 1"needle.
    Last edited by JDToronto; 12-01-2016 at 09:31 PM.

DROY is offline Associate Member
    Hitting veins or arteries happens from time to time. You can tell by the different blood color. Not serious as long as you aspirate and there is no blood in the syringe. Apply a little pressure for a minute and it will stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    You can't feel when you hit a vein.
    Yea, I'm beginning to think it was a nerve. Good thing I went in slowly and didn't go with the "dart" method. I also had some slight bruising even though I went in maybe 1/3 of an inch for a just a few seconds.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    While aspirating, if you dont pull in blood (which is good) then what are you pulling in? Nothing just a vaccume?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    While aspirating, if you dont pull in blood (which is good) then what are you pulling in? Nothing just a vaccume?
    Yep, just vacuum.

Thread Information