• 1 Post By AR's King Silabolin
  • 1 Post By Jonbana
  • 1 Post By Way2Thin
  • 1 Post By evanescent
  • 1 Post By LeeSin1

Thread: Guys, I need help..desperately

Way2Thin is offline New Member

Guys, I need help..desperately

Hello, all! First, I would like to introduce myself. My name is James. This is my first time on this forum so please take it easy on me! I am 25 years old, 6'3, 155 pounds...yes you read that correctly, 155 pounds. I've had trouble gaining weight my entire life. Even with a strict diet and calorie counting, I just don't see the results I want. I've been told "if you want to gain more weight, eat more." Well..even when I've tried that I just haven't seen the weight gain. I've also been lifting for a few years and it's just so hard for me to retain mass. The most I've ever weighed was 167 pounds and I lost that weight so fast. I also have a condition called pectus excavatum..it's a chest deformity which literally looks like I have a huge dent in my chest. I've struggled with self esteem issues for years. Me being so skinny makes my condition look much more worse. I've also been diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos (sp?) syndrome which also makes me look frail and scrawny. All in all guys, I really just want to gain some mass...and fast. My ideal weight is 200-215, but I would like to hit 185 as quick as possible and go from there. People have tried to talk me out of this decision but man, honestly, I'm just tired of these slow minimal results. So...I need recommendations for a nice beginner bulking cycle. I have my diet and lifting schedule planned out, and I would like to start my first cycle soon. Thank you so much for reading all of this guys and I can't wait to see some of your replies!
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Way2Thin View Post
    Hello, all! First, I would like to introduce myself. My name is James. This is my first time on this forum so please take it easy on me! I am 25 years old, 6'3, 155 pounds...yes you read that correctly, 155 pounds. I've had trouble gaining weight my entire life. Even with a strict diet and calorie counting, I just don't see the results I want. I've been told "if you want to gain more weight, eat more." Well..even when I've tried that I just haven't seen the weight gain. I've also been lifting for a few years and it's just so hard for me to retain mass. The most I've ever weighed was 167 pounds and I lost that weight so fast. I also have a condition called pectus excavatum..it's a chest deformity which literally looks like I have a huge dent in my chest. I've struggled with self esteem issues for years. Me being so skinny makes my condition look much more worse. I've also been diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos (sp?) syndrome which also makes me look frail and scrawny. All in all guys, I really just want to gain some mass...and fast. My ideal weight is 200-215, but I would like to hit 185 as quick as possible and go from there. People have tried to talk me out of this decision but man, honestly, I'm just tired of these slow minimal results. So...I need recommendations for a nice beginner bulking cycle. I have my diet and lifting schedule planned out, and I would like to start my first cycle soon. Thank you so much for reading all of this guys and I can't wait to see some of your replies!
    There are rare exceptions of guys that cant gain no matter what they eat or how they train. You will do what you choose, lots of guys will tell you to hit the diet section and I understand if have tried it and it didnt work. There are people out there with the metabolic rate of a hummingbird that just cant gain. I will post a first cycle thread read it all. Aas is not an easy way out. You get your diet and training in check and perfected and keep it that way before starting or you will be wasting your time and money.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Start here: My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

Continue here: Austinite's Educational Article Database

Make sure you read everything and know all the possible outcomes before you start.

Obs
    Nevermind bb got it up.

Scottishjuicer18 is offline Junior Member
    Before considering cycling, I would get a testesterone blood test to figure out what your current levels are. I was getting no where for 3/4 years due to my testesterone being relatively low. Now that I've started cycling I feel much better and making good progress.

If your testesterone levels are normal, I would say try dirty bulking to really force down extra calories. It worked for me when I was stuck years ago, but it definitely helped me put on muscle very fast. Sure I put on fat, but plenty of muscle as well!

All the best brother

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Bro until you learn how to eat properly you will never gain any size or weight aas or not.A guy like you too go to 200lbs would mean you would have to eat like a 200lb guy.I don't care wat anyone says you get on the right diet you will gain weight.Hit the diet section and ask for help beacuse aas isnt going to help.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    When u say u tried to eat a lot?...what did u eat then...roughly?
    Many think they eat a lot but for strengthtraining its not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Start here: My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

Continue here: Austinite's Educational Article Database

Make sure you read everything and know all the possible outcomes before you start.
    U should make sure he understands eating before u give him those links.

Thank you all for the replies to far! I have read the posted links and wow..tons of helpful information!

Regarding my diet, I've tried different kinds of bulking plans. I tried a dirty and a clean bulk and was ingesting close to 3500 calories a day. I don't know if it was my metabolism or what, but it was like I just couldn't keep any pounds on! I even tried to supplement my diet with mass gainers (I know, I know) but I just kept striking out!

Thank you all for the replies to far! I have read the posted links and wow..tons of helpful information!

Regarding my diet, I've tried different kinds of bulking plans. I tried a dirty and a clean bulk and was ingesting close to 3500 calories a day. I don't know if it was my metabolism or what, but it was like I just couldn't keep any pounds on! I even tried to supplement my diet with mass gainers (I know, I know) but I just kept striking out!
    3500 is not that bad but if u have a high metabolism or a very hard gainer body, u should try 4500 for a month.
    I know its a lot easier to just do steroids than eating all this food. But. If u gonna bulkcycle and high metabolism 3500 is nothing.
    Obs likes this.

Obs

You will have to continue the diet and training that gives you the best tesults and turn up the volume all you can hack. It becomes a way of life or else you arent trying hard enough. Yes though I have personally watched some 130lb guys eat more than I could and lift like wild men and not gain jack. This is why I dont weigh 300lbs. Its genetics and metabolism that will eventually limit you. I dont want songdog to think I am going against what he said because he is right and I respect him and appreciate him. I do understand though if you honestly gave it your all for a couple years and got nowhere. Its just the bodytype sometimes. Do all you can before you turn to AAS

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    You will have to continue the diet and training that gives you the best tesults and turn up the volume all you can hack. It becomes a way of life or else you arent trying hard enough. Yes though I have personally watched some 130lb guys eat more than I could and lift like wild men and not gain jack. This is why I dont weigh 300lbs. Its genetics and metabolism that will eventually limit you. I dont want songdog to think I am going against what he said because he is right and I respect him and appreciate him. I do understand though if you honestly gave it your all for a couple years and got nowhere. Its just the bodytype sometimes. Do all you can before you turn to AAS
    Thanks, Obs! That's why I have turned to AAS because I feel like ive given it my all for about 4 years now and I feel defeated! I'm just not seeing results.
    Obs likes this.

I've had trouble gaining weight my entire life. Even with a strict diet and calorie counting, I just don't see the results I want.
    A strict diet is what one uses when they want to lose weight.
    You need to eat more.

All the steroids in the world CANNOT put weight on you unless you eat more.
    Physics cannot be denied.
    The only weight you can put on without being in a calorie surplus is water weight.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The takeaway:
    You have to learn to eat more because, even if you do aas, without eating more it wont matter. No one is telling you that aas isn't an option, just that it's not the one that is going to fix your weight problem.
    Working out for a few years wont make you a stud for life. Eating right for a few years wont do it either. The key is to learn to do it right...for life.
    more Calories (from a proper diet) = more mass.
    calories + aas = more mass
    aas + no more calories = 0.
    Please continue to learn from the knowledge in all of the sections here. And, in turn, provide this forum with knowledge If you do this, learn to eat more, learn how to train and cycle, and share the knowledge you attain. We all grow. Welcome, thanks for being a part of our community.
    Last edited by Quester; 02-01-2017 at 08:45 PM.
    DocToxin8 and Obs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post

A strict diet is what one uses when they want to lose weight.
    You need to eat more.

All the steroids in the world CANNOT put weight on you unless you eat more.
    Physics cannot be denied.
    It would be hard not to gain 10 pounds from 300 mg anadrol ed ...nomatter diett.
    They managed to increase bodyweigth on lying dying AIDS patient from it.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    loll

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Sometimes you can't be something your not. I sometimes wish I could be a super lean ripped without trying guy. But I'm not. I'm bigger. I'm naturally 215 lbs when eating around 3000 calories a day maybe a little less or more sometimes. But I'm 217 running 7 minute miles after not running for 8-10 years. So he all you can be. The only difference is that you won't be huge. And I get it. You want to gain mass for certain reason. With you metabolism so high plus the calories you burn while working out. You will have to eat 5000 calories plus I imagine. Either way you can't eat like that's forever. And regardless of the steroids that may get you there. The mass will metabolise off,when your done cuz how your body is. So be all you can be man lean mean and efficient

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    It would be hard not to gain 10 pounds from 300 mg anadrol ed ...nomatter diett.
    They managed to increase bodyweigth on lying dying AIDS patient from it.
    Really
    .why anadrol? Why not say dbol ...I mean why anadrol. And that would be healthy now would it. Smh Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    Really
    .why anadrol? Why not say dbol ...I mean why anadrol. And that would be healthy now would it. Smh Viking
    Just to be a smartass. He said no drugs could put weigth on.
    Ofcourse u wouldnt do 300 mg adrol. U would die soon and 90% of gai s would be water
    Marsoc likes this.

Jonbana is offline Member
    you say you where eating 3500 calories a day but I bet you where know where near that

unless you portion your food and weight you food you can only guess

I no longer weigh food but I know portions from weighing food when I started

if you cannot gain weight without AAS you will not gain any with them besides water weight
    numbere likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    you say you where eating 3500 calories a day but I bet you where know where near that

unless you portion your food and weight you food you can only guess

I no longer weigh food but I know portions from weighing food when I started

if you cannot gain weight without AAS you will not gain any with them besides water weight
    Very wrong. At 25-26 after 6 years with optimal training and diett most find it impossible to gain further without PEDs.

Thank you all for the feedback!

I will say that maybe "strict diet" wasn't the proper wordage, but what I meant by that was I was literally keeping track of EVERY calorie that entered my body. I made sure I ate 3500 cals a day minimum. Over a 12 month span I only gained 12 pounds and that's what I topped out at. Please don't think I'm trying to sound condescending, but I promise you I know how to eat properly. I even enlisted the help of a nutritionist to help me. I've tried EVERYTHING I could in these past 4 years and I just can't accept that I'm 6'4 and 155 pounds. So I was hoping with a higher caloric intake and the help of AAS maybe I could finally see a difference.
    Marsoc likes this.

evanescent is offline Banned
    I just googled Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

I wouldn't even touch gear without the constant supervision of a GP and Endocrinologist, that is some serious shit there that could have repercussions/interactions I'm pretty sure no one on this board is informed of.

blemshow is offline Junior Member
    Keep in mind AAS have serious side effects if misused. Impulsive actions tend to carry consequences. Therefore be sure your well educated before you make the dive. Considering you have a history of being depressed the last thing you would want is to fuel the fire by negatively altering your hormones. Be safe be smart.

Myers is offline Associate Member
    Yeah i'm not sure how AAS coupled with E-Ds syndrome would work out , with big increase in strength you could really injure yourself. I got no issues with collagen and still when i'm on cycle and i push extra hard i get pains all over my joints.

Try eating 4500+ kals a day , no matter how dirty. And report back in a month.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evanescent View Post
    I just googled Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

I wouldn't even touch gear without the constant supervision of a GP and Endocrinologist, that is some serious shit there that could have repercussions/interactions I'm pretty sure no one on this board is informed of.
    This ^^^^

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member

I will say that maybe "strict diet" wasn't the proper wordage, but what I meant by that was I was literally keeping track of EVERY calorie that entered my body. I made sure I ate 3500 cals a day minimum. Over a 12 month span I only gained 12 pounds and that's what I topped out at. Please don't think I'm trying to sound condescending, but I promise you I know how to eat properly. I even enlisted the help of a nutritionist to help me. I've tried EVERYTHING I could in these past 4 years and I just can't accept that I'm 6'4 and 155 pounds. So I was hoping with a higher caloric intake and the help of AAS maybe I could finally see a difference.
    If u gained 12 pounds thenot it was WORKING. go back to that. Once it tops out add more.

It sucks. Been there but it is what it is!

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ehlers D is serious, and you need to keep that under supervision.
    So be careful when pushing the weights, and keep in mind that the AAS will increase strength, and therefore strain.

Still, I know of the pectus excavatum condition, seen it first hand.
    So really understand you want some mass over that, but don't go overboard either.
    You need to make some decisions, AAS will probably be more riskier for you than most of us, so this is something you should do in concert with a doctor.

If you find that "fuck it, life sucks, it's worth the risks", then that's your choice,
    but try to be smart and minimize those risks as far as you can.
    Know a woman with Ehlers D and she trains a lot, and find it to help with her condition. She was also a speed addict for several years, now recovered.
    (I was thinking of the increased BP and vascular trouble)

And, if you're gonna go this route, you need to get into the habit of doing bloodwork, so check everything first, including your hormones (like T) as suggested. Be aware you increase the risk of ending up on TRT for life by using AAS. That would be true for anyone, and with your condition low dose over long time (worst possible course for recovery of hormones later),
    might be more suited that a heavy dose cycle.

Educate yourself, as this will be, (and is for everyone, but even more for you)
    a very big decision to make. You've been thin for a long time.
    Don't rush it now, some time to learn and be responsible will help you.
    reach an informed decision before doing this.

Deal Me In is offline Member

Dude, you gained 12 pounds in a year while training and maintaining low body fat?

This is what the rest of us call "working."

evanescent is offline Banned
    As a sidenote Way2Thin,

I have a mate who has been busting his ass for 10+ years. The most pigeon chested, thin limbed bastard ever... only just was diagnosed at 32 that he has mild cerebral palsy and literally is incapable of gaining muscle mass. All the Tren in the world couldn't help him.. would actually tighten his muscles further.

He still works out though and feels great as a result of that. Stick to exercise and nutrition mate, find a good GP and specialists (Keep looking, most doctors are shit and bitter). If you find you'll be able to tolerate TRT then you have a wealth of support and knowledge here, but given your medical condition, you might be able to do it through professionals which is much more preferable!
    Obs likes this.

boisebeast is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evanescent
    I just googled Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I wouldn't even touch gear without the constant supervision of a GP and Endocrinologist, that is some serious shit there that could have repercussions/interactions I'm pretty sure no one on this board is informed of.
    This is a great point OP. We are not medical doctors here

bobtail is offline Associate Member
    Look this up: doggcrapp
    That's all you need know right now.

Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member
    I would honestly just eat eat eat, increase calories for a few months and see if that helps you add mass, definitely with ehlers-danlos i wouldn't do a cycle untill you uave a serious convo with your doctor thats nothing to fuck with man, safety is number one. I honestly think if you increase cals you should start seeing some gains nothing under 4500 a day, if at 3500 you're metabolism is that high you are gonna really have to pack it in, this would reign true on cycle too you actually would probably have to eat more on cycle to really get the full benefits.

Eat eat eat, dirty bulk it all the way. Thats something I'd normally never say but in your case ots time to fucking be gluttonous for a bit and get that mass.

This is all just advice and opinions of course, what you really should do is speak with your doctor, he or she should be able to help or refer you to a nutritionist at the very least

LeeSin1 is offline Junior Member
    I had the same problem - I was 6'3, 138 pounds, couldn't gain weight my entire life. But, I had a thyroid problem. I fixed it, and suddenly I ballooned up by 60 pounds within about 2 years (30 pounds in 3 months, not lying, didn't particularly eat any more, it just that finally i could gain). So I hope that there's an "easy fix" for you, too... not that thyroid is necessarily an easy problem, but in all actuality, my thyroid was the easiest medical issue i've ever had that was easy to fix, and it had some great results.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeSin1 View Post
    I had the same problem - I was 6'3, 138 pounds, couldn't gain weight my entire life. But, I had a thyroid problem. I fixed it, and suddenly I ballooned up by 60 pounds within about 2 years (30 pounds in 3 months, not lying, didn't particularly eat any more, it just that finally i could gain). So I hope that there's an "easy fix" for you, too... not that thyroid is necessarily an easy problem, but in all actuality, my thyroid was the easiest medical issue i've ever had that was easy to fix, and it had some great results.
    How did you treat it?

ryanwired is offline New Member
    Best of luck on reaching your goals man! I have a buddy that has struggled with similar issues. Talk to a nutritionist or conduct your own diet tests. Turns out that my buddies metabolism ramps up as he increases his carb intake. The more rice he ate the more his metabolism burnt. This is true of everyone's metabolism (reverse dieting) but some change much more quickly and drastically than others. If I ramped up my carbs I would start to get pudgy quick. Just my two cents. Hope this helps.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What type of Ehler-Danlos do you have?

Thread Information