jackfrost88 is offline Associate Member

Pre cycle bloods

So I am looking to get my blood work done before cycle and live in Canada. Everyone says to check out private MD labs and I cannot find a company that does a similar hormone profile for that type of price. I also checked with my family doctor and she would only give me a testosterone / lipid panel (which I did) but I know that doesn't tell me everything I need to know. All my levels were in range, on the high side which is nice. Cholesterol was slightly out of range but that is common for me and I know I can get that in check.

I found one Canadian online company that does a one test for HbA1c, Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, LDL, PSA total, FOBT, Protein, Albumin, Globulin, ALT, AST. Alk Phosphatase, GGT, Bilirubin total, Creatinine, Iron & TIBC, TSH, CRP, Vitamin B12.

Another test does: FSH, LH, Testosterone total, Prolactin, SHBG

Are these sufficient? Also I saw several people recommend female tests?

Also any suggestions for a Canadian to get proper pre cycle bloods is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Would that be sufficient? If not what is missing?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    I would replace HbA1c for glucose, CRP not really necessary. Add free t3 and free t4, estradiol is also very important.

If your budget allows it also add DHT and progesterone.

FOBT although should be done routinely not really necessary for this type of bloodwork.

Okay thanks. The problem is that most of the tests are pre made to test for a cluster of those things. I cant find tests that can be customized to that level but I guess I could send the a message and ask. Would be great if there was a single test that had all the elements that are needed like the md labs one. If there was one of those in Canada that would make things much more simple.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackfrost88 View Post
    Okay thanks. The problem is that most of the tests are pre made to test for a cluster of those things. I cant find tests that can be customized to that level but I guess I could send the a message and ask. Would be great if there was a single test that had all the elements that are needed like the md labs one. If there was one of those in Canada that would make things much more simple.
    You should shoot RigPig a PM.

I'm pretty sure the the forum expert on all things Canadian.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jackfrost88 View Post
    So I am looking to get my blood work done before cycle and live in Canada. Everyone says to check out private MD labs and I cannot find a company that does a similar hormone profile for that type of price. I also checked with my family doctor and she would only give me a testosterone / lipid panel (which I did) but I know that doesn't tell me everything I need to know. All my levels were in range, on the high side which is nice. Cholesterol was slightly out of range but that is common for me and I know I can get that in check.

I found one Canadian online company that does a one test for HbA1c, Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, LDL, PSA total, FOBT, Protein, Albumin, Globulin, ALT, AST. Alk Phosphatase, GGT, Bilirubin total, Creatinine, Iron & TIBC, TSH, CRP, Vitamin B12.

Another test does: FSH, LH, Testosterone total, Prolactin, SHBG

Are these sufficient? Also I saw several people recommend female tests?

Also any suggestions for a Canadian to get proper pre cycle bloods is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Would that be sufficient? If not what is missing?
    If i was going to do my first cycle today, these are the values i would pay attention to:

Heart beat, BP
    hdl/ldl cholestrol, triglycerides, prolactin, e2, total test, lh, fsh
    creatinin, urea, alat, asat
    Hct, Ferritin, cbc
    Psa

It covers heart/arteries, lipids, hormones, kidneys, liver and blood and prostate.

Those are the values you need to monitor as a normal steroiduser and dont have any abnormalities u know of.

Its rare you need to monitor other values in order to stay healthy from as i said, normal steroiduse with common steroids /hormones as i see it.

U dont wanna be too nerdy. I really dont see why u would follow up dht, free test and shbg f.i.
    Or, what u could do if you didnt like those values.
    Keep it simple.

Gh/igf1 perhaps but that is advanced and for guys who are not satisfied with normal use.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 02-09-2017 at 11:09 PM.

Okay still searching for these tests here, doesn't seem simple at all like in the US. May have to order one next time im down there?

Thread Information