Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Back In Black

Thread: Advice coming off cycle

hardroad is offline Junior Member

Advice coming off cycle

The time sadly is nearing my cycle to end. (500mg PW test E for 12 weeks with 6 week Dbol 20mgED starter)
    I'm very happy with my results, I don't feel as though it was anything too crazy for a first cycle. I can't wait for the next but will be glad to give up the pins and PIP for a while.

From the experienced out there, to try to keep my gains as much as possible what approach has worked well for others?
    I haven't been in a huge calorie surplus and have gained approx. 11% of my initial body weight in size which I'm happy with.

Has anyone used MK2866 to good effect post cycle or is it worthless? Also training and calorie wise I was planning to stick to around the same to 200 cals a day less and move to a de load for a week before starting my usual periodisation training protocol again.

As I'm on TRT ill simply stop the Adex and that's about it.

What's others thoughts?

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    i would rather do mk677 instead

evanescent is offline Banned
    From everything I've read, cabergoline sounds like something great to use in the meantime to boost libido and mood if that's an issue, to keep you on track and minimize side-affects adjusting back to TRT levels.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Simply

1. Eat additional calories, not less. An extra 200cals per day from carbs should help.

2. Shorter more intense lifting sessions

This for 3-4 weeks then adjust according to your goals.
    songdog likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evanescent View Post
    From everything I've read, cabergoline sounds like something great to use in the meantime to boost libido and mood if that's an issue, to keep you on track and minimize side-affects adjusting back to TRT levels.
    Cabergoline or other dopamine agonists are not really something you want to mess with, unless necessary. Dopamine is an important hormone, deregulating it can bring serious problems. It will only boost libido if your prolactin is elevated.

Just keep training and eating as you were on cycle, many guys get demotivated once off cycle and thats IMO the biggest reason for losing gains.

Getting off cycle I actually feel better in the next few weeks, many do too.

evanescent is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    It will only boost libido if your prolactin is elevated.
    I've been reading otherwise hence why I've been interested in it. As a temporary mood/libido/energy booster. Can't really comment until I've taken it though. Also interesting that they don't mess with dopamine production, instead increasing the receptivity.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evanescent View Post
    I've been reading otherwise hence why I've been interested in it. As a temporary mood/libido/energy booster. Can't really comment until I've taken it though. Also interesting that they don't mess with dopamine production, instead increasing the receptivity.
    They do, by decreasing dopamine synthesis just like exogenous test shut downs the HPTA. It can trigger serious chemical imbalances in the brain, it's not something to toy with.

hardroad is offline Junior Member
    Thanks B in B

You always have great info and are very helpful!

Appreciate it greatly!

Any issues with gaining BF due to being less anabolic ?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by hardroad View Post
    Thanks B in B

You always have great info and are very helpful!

Appreciate it greatly!

Any issues with gaining BF due to being less anabolic?
    Well, yes you will gain fat. In theory you will be eating at a caloric surplus which will result in some fat gain but that surplus should be minimal.

Thread Information