Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By DocToxin8

Thread: Why is it recommended to cut/bulk at the same rate on cycle as natty

MMA_Influenced is offline Associate Member
    So ive done a good amount of research looking through forums on this subject and no one seems to give an answer to it.

For example lets say you cut on Tren . Most people recommend cutting 2 pounds per week on Tren that Ive seen.. which is the same recommended rate as if you were natty. Aside from gaining lbm while cutting what is the point?

Am I to assume that you maintain significant amounts more muscle on Tren than natty when cutting at 2 pounds per week? If so then why do the Natty guys cut at 2 pounds per week? Wouldnt they be better served at 1 pound per week?

Im hoping to get very lean for this summer and really get my abs showing.. this will be my first cutting cycle. I was very suprised to see I should be shooting for losing the same amount per week as when I was natty. I was half expecting 3 or even 4 pounds a week to be possible on tren.. I guess thats just my ignorance..hopefully someone can shed light on the topic.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Do you want to gain muscle while losing fat,
    or simply lose less (or no) muscle while losing fat?

I'd guess you cut calories pretty low and still not lose much muscle,
    but personally I'd prefer trying to gain muscle while cutting,
    or when going really low BF, to lose as little muscle as possible.

while someone with low BF would have a harder time.

Just my thought on the issue.
    NACH3 and KINGKONG like this.

Jonbana is offline Member
    you can only burn so much fat per day per week anymore will be water weight and muscle .

that's why its recommend on gear or not the same amount unless you just want to drop WEIGHT not body fat than go nuts lose 10 pounds a week

muscle weighs more than fat stop looking at the scale use a mirror

MMA_Influenced is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    you can only burn so much fat per day per week anymore will be water weight and muscle .

that's why its recommend on gear or not the same amount unless you just want to drop WEIGHT not body fat than go nuts lose 10 pounds a week

muscle weighs more than fat stop looking at the scale use a mirror
    This makes a lot of sense..use mirror.. I just wish I was better at not confusing myself when I look at the mirror. Sometimes Im bulking and everything is going fine then one day I get infront of the mirror and I think Im too fat then the next week I want to bulk for 20 more pounds.

I go mainly by measurements (bicep, thigh, waist) to give me an indication on where Im at.

I guess the real question I have is if we cut at the same rate off gear as we do on then whats the point? Is it a dramatic difference or not? Ive never done a cutting cycle

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    Do you want to gain muscle while losing fat,
    or simply lose less (or no) muscle while losing fat?

I'd guess you cut calories pretty low and still not lose much muscle,
    but personally I'd prefer trying to gain muscle while cutting,
    or when going really low BF, to lose as little muscle as possible.

while someone with low BF would have a harder time.

Just my thought on the issue.
    How would one go about cutting bf and building muscle same time. I lost 6lbs of fat in the last week from the keto and low carb thing and my muscle seems the same so pretty sure I did good but I heard you can't gain muscle while cutting bf. So I been doing keto on my inbetween days / off days and training days I do low carb with moderate to high carb premand post workout

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You can definitely gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.
    I've done it. Didn't follow any special diet, probably was around 3000cals a day.
    But apart from training i did a lot of walking.

Thread Information