thedude69060 is offline New Member

Recovering lost muscle mass, are steroids an option?

Hi everyone,

I am currently 28, 5'11" and 144 lbs. At my peak I was about 175 lbs and very lean. I used to play college hockey and lift all the time, I'm no newb to training. Two years ago I was the victim of an assault with a firearm and was shot twice in the chest. I spent two months in the hospital and experienced a collapsed lung that resulted in numerous complications. I am finally in a place where I'm able to train again without medical concerns and my feeling in the gym is just SLOGGING and extremely difficult to motivate. I feel decrepit. I was 130 lbs in January, so I'm definitely making a lot of progress, but I don't have that feeling of aggression and drive that I used to get in the gym. I don't know if that's a result of me getting older or something to do with hormones based on my muscle mass. I feel like I just can't get as a good of a workout as I used to and it's incredibly frustrating.

So my question is this: I'm not looking to swell up like a balloon or dose some massive amounts of a bulking stack. However, I know some of the popular 'roids were originally designed to help people with wasting diseases and recovering mass after surgeries. Has anyone done very low doses of any of these with positive results? Would I be better off just spending a couple years getting back to where I was? One of my friends recommended I do a low dose cycle of Tbol just as kind of a kick start, which is why I'm here asking. Not looking for miracles or crazy gains.

Thanks!

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome,

I feel sorry for you I personally experienced an injury that put me out of training for 2 years pretty much but not near as rough as yours.

You would be much better off first getting back on track with training and nutrition. What will the AAS do if you haven't gotten that in order? Very little and definitely not worth the sides.

If you suspect your lack of energy and drive is hormonal then go do a blood test to check on your hormone values. Check the TRT subforum there's a checklist on which things you should test for.

Turinabol (and pretty much all orals) without test is a bad idea. They aren't so anabolic on their own but still supprelsse your testosterone production. By the end of the cycle you have very low test (which is not good for even maintaining muscle) and a weak AAS and you are waiting and hoping for a successful PCT... When you finally do a cycle just do a test only cycle, follow this: https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...rst-cycle.html

I think you can get it back naturally if your hormones are good or with TRT... No need for doing a cycle even.

thedude69060 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I guess this is something I should talk to my doctor about. I was just curious because of the fact that some of these drugs were initially intended to help people gain lean mass after surgeries and the doses most use for body building are 5+ times what was prescribed for those purposes. I was curious if anyone had dosed them much lower and seen any benefits. It's really demotivating going to the gym and squatting what I used to bench lol, but I guess it's just a matter of pushing through it!

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yep but in all honesty if you can get it done without the sides of AAS why even bother. Many of these studies aren't even ethical. Orals are horrible for your lipids. They also shut you down. In many of the studies they put people on AAS and didn't give them a PCT, it must have been horrible. If you're up for a long but good read check this http://asih.net/_scally_anabolic%20s...f%20muscle.pdf summarizes what happens after a cycle and why you must PCT.

But again if you do, test only cycle gives you the most bang for your buck/injection/week however you measure it

Thread Information