Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 230isthegoal

Thread: My first cycle results - before pct

230isthegoal is offline New Member

My first cycle results - before pct

Starting at 208, 6'3" 16.5%BF (hydrostatic test)

DIET - 3400 calories average 300g protein, 300g carbs, 70g fat extremely clean diet (to the point that it was upsetting haha!)

Cycle was 500 test cyp/e a week, 6.25mg aromasin ED

Ending at 224, probably 15% BF (I know BF has gone down because my abs and upper ribs are visible now, not super defined but they weren't visible before)

I feel great and I'm ready to start my pct in 2 weeks. This was an amazing experience.
    Marsoc likes this.

I probably should've eaten more near end and could've gotten a few more pounds but eating super clean at 3400 was more food than I cared to eat. If I go for bulking sometime in the near future I'll likely add in more fat for calories, but this cycle was all about lean gain since I started at the bodyfat that I like keeping year round.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good job congrats!

If anybody is interested in my workout program or exactly what I ate let me know and I can type it out.

Thanks songdog. It was the help of members here that provided me knowledge to start my cycle safely and effectively.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You need to start eating more now through to the end of PCT and a couple of weeks beyond if you want to hang on to your gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    You need to start eating more now through to the end of PCT and a couple of weeks beyond if you want to hang on to your gains.
    I completely understand. I'm going to up my bcaa, add in casein protein before bed with my Greek yogurt, and also up my calories by 200. Thanks BIB

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 230isthegoal View Post
    If anybody is interested in my workout program or exactly what I ate let me know and I can type it out.
    I'm interested in what your training was like. Thanks . Good job and stay motivated

Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    I'm interested in what your training was like. Thanks . Good job and stay motivated
    To begin with, most sets I did were done with weight that allowed me to fail at 10 reps, and I'd usually
    Have someone help me get 2 reps after that. I got creative sometimes to be able to do past failure by myself. His program listing doesn't include warm up but rather only working sets. Also, max deadlifts were thrown in once every 2 weeks on either Friday leg day or Tuesday back day

Monday- chest, tris
    3x10 dumbbell press
    3x10 incline
    3x10 decline
    3x12 cable flys
    Dips dropsets 12 reps and then drop weight by 30% and another 12
    I neglect my triceps because they get big quickly with bench press (this is why I opted for dumbbell press because it pumped my chest more)

Tuesday - legs
    Squats - 5 x 12 (I got up to doing 345 @ 6 reps and this is exciting for me
    Because I've got a horrible knee that through this cycle went from garbage to feeling amazing again, I think the training helped improve stability with the damaged knee)
    Leg press 3x10 - this is where I pushed my quads to the extreme
    Lunges, 3 x 8
    Calf raises 3x 15
    Leg curl - 3 x 8 (I Hate these)
    Leg extension drop sets to failure 3x20

Wednesday - back, bis
    3x10 one arm wide lay pulldown
    3x10 close grip cable row
    3x10 close grip lay pulldown
    3x10 wide grip cable row
    3x20 bicep barbell curl to failure drop sets
    3x10 standing up bent over close grip row
    Pull-ups 30 (this usually took 5 sets as the exhaustion set in)

Thursday - shoulder
    3x10 Arnold press
    3x10 side raises
    3x10 front raises
    3x10 incline press
    3x 10 Close grip upright row

Friday - legs
    Same as Tuesday

I had other little things thrown in here and there but this is my basic program that I enjoy. I pushed myself and I knew it because after leg days I'd feel it for 2 days or more. In fact my legs have been sore for 3 months now. I've also seen my squat improve drastically and leg press as well.

Sorry I could've been more specific and added weights as well but I'm headed to work. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm sure I left exercises out.

Core was every other day.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I completely understand. I'm going to up my bcaa, add in casein protein before bed with my Greek yogurt, and also up my calories by 200. Thanks BIB
    I'd up your carbs. You're eating less now than you were before cycle when you weren't gaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I'd up your carbs. You're eating less now than you were before cycle when you weren't gaining.
    I know...ive been trying and it's been hard to eat more carbs. My carbs during my day consists of sweet potatoes, brown rice/white rice, saves killer bread, and lentils. I figured my lack of weight gain before my cycle was from workouts that weren't intense enough so my body wasn't utilizing the food I was aging properly.

I feel like I'm eating less now but my diet has been more specific than it was before. I wonder how much of this weight I'll keep. My body naturally wants to lose weight until I hit 190lbs if I don't eat enough or lift heavy.

And I may in fact be eating more than I think, as I usually underestimate when I wrote in my food journal because I wanted to make sure I was at least hitting my
    Macros goals.
    But when I measured one day I was eating more like 1 1/2 cups cards instead of the 1 cup carbs I was recording with each meal. I dunno. I should keep track better.

Good2Joe is offline Junior Member
    I am, about to start my 1st cycle....

Thread Information