• 2 Post By redz
  • 1 Post By fit_deskjocky
  • 2 Post By Marsoc
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By wellshii

Thread: 1st cycle, new leg routine? Yes/No

Good2Joe is offline Junior Member

1st cycle, new leg routine? Yes/No

So I'm about to start a 1st cycle Test E 250mg twice a week for 12 weeks. I've been working out a year and a half primarily upper body in the gym, and sprinting and bicycle for legs. I don't have skinny legs, they got muscular in the Marine Corps from all the running and hiking. I wanted to finally start implementing leg day into my routine but I fear that me starting my cycle in the next week and newly starting leg days, I will end up going too hard and possibly injuring myself and joints. Should I wait until after my cycle to start a new leg routine, or has the sprinting, bicycling been enough to prevent injury?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You never have a leg day or do any leg lifts? You should not be cycling.
    songdog and wellshii like this.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    You never have a leg day or do any leg lifts? You should not be cycling.
    I usually do chest, tris, abs day 1 with bicycle cardio, back, bi, and shoulders with bicycle day 2, then on day 3 I do HIIT sprints.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You need to start working out legs.
    Good2Joe and Marsoc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    You need to start working out legs.
    Will do, thank you

fit_deskjocky is offline Associate Member
    If you've already started your cycle, you have 4 to 5 weeks before the test will kick in and risk hurting yourself by going too heavy. I think 4 weeks are enough to establish how strong your legs are. Once you figure that out just don't go crazy adding weight each week.
    Good2Joe likes this.

fit_deskjocky is offline Associate Member
    I think you've been limiting yourself by not adding legs into your workout in the past. Each muscle group depends so much on the lower body for explosion and stabilization. Are you doing Deads on back day?

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Good2Joe View Post
    So I'm about to start a 1st cycle Test E 250mg twice a week for 12 weeks. I've been working out a year and a half primarily upper body in the gym, and sprinting and bicycle for legs. I don't have skinny legs, they got muscular in the Marine Corps from all the running and hiking. I wanted to finally start implementing leg day into my routine but I fear that me starting my cycle in the next week and newly starting leg days, I will end up going too hard and possibly injuring myself and joints. Should I wait until after my cycle to start a new leg routine, or has the sprinting, bicycling been enough to prevent injury?
    Sprinting builds muscle mass. Opposed to long distance endurance running (or biking I guess unless it's up hill). I'm sure sprints have built you up aside from the rucking in the marines. My seargant buddy in the marines had pretty nice size quads just from rucking in the core. But wether your a former marine or sprinter or Donald trump. You NEVER SKIP LEG DAY . it helps all around
    Last edited by Marsoc; 02-27-2017 at 12:35 PM.
    Good2Joe and wellshii like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Good2Joe View Post
    I usually do chest, tris, abs day 1 with bicycle cardio, back, bi, and shoulders with bicycle day 2, then on day 3 I do HIIT sprints.
    I worked the gym at El Toro back in the day and it would amaze me the number of guys with big arms chest and chicken legs.Little do they know women laugh at that and it's a big turn off too them.
    Marsoc likes this.

I laugh too, but I am going to implement leg day immediately, and thankfully I don't have chicken legs 🐓👖💀

Deal Me In is offline Member
    My opinion, you should not be cycling without AT LEAST a year of hard leg workout. And by that I mean lifting. You're only going to hurt yourself. Your connective tissue is not ready for the strain of heavy leg training and AAS is only going to make this worse. Put the test away, start doing leg work and then come back next year. The test will still be good then.

Im pretty sure sprinting strenthens connective tissue but i appreciate your opinion thank you

wellshii is offline Member
    I was a late leg guy myself.
    Not planning to do a cycle for sometime . Why not?
    Because I can go further with my gains naturally and after it'll only take one cycle to hit my lifetime goals(probably)
    My advice,especially for a body part not trained as of now,
    Get under a bar and squat. Assuming your legs are decent strength from the HIIT sprints and such,
    you should start a decent weight and progressive overload from there.
    Go deep ,not those quarter squats where people are posting stats of 350 deadlifts and 345 squats.
    My legs going deep have some nice quad development.

Starting a cycle now and starting a real leg routine( squats etc) your legs arent used to the load,
    and youll be sore for days no matter the calories or amount of test. Your legs just aren't used to it. Neither are your joints,
    and your numbers will skyrocket because technically your new to legs.
    Have to work on the engine first before slapping on a turbo set up so to speak.

Then start a cycle.
    That's my advice,to each his own. Good luck on the journey!
    Marsoc likes this.

Thread Information