Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 01dragonslayer

Thread: Experimenting with HGH

ZoomyR6 is offline Junior Member

Experimenting with HGH

Hey fellas,

I am looking to experiment with HGH. I have never used any AAS. I am 6'2 212lbs and aprox 16% BF. 15 months ago, I weighed in at 272 @ around 33%BF. I am utilizing intermittent fasting with training 3x week on Wendler 531.
    My goal this whole time was/is fat loss but I am still carrying a decent amount of fat around my belly and love handles that I haven't been able to lose. I am on the verge of stalling on my lifts in the gym and really don't want to cut anymore calories.

I was thinking about eating maintenance and wanted to try running 4iu of growth a day for about 6 months. Is there anything wrong with running HGH alone?
    TBH, I don't do cardio and managed to get this far without it. I may try incorporating it first before anything but I read from many places you don't need cardio for fat loss, Just heavy training...
    I also ran Albuterol for 8 weeks about 5 moths ago with no noticeable weight change but did notice very very minor strength gains.

Adding cardio certainly would not hurt and definately would be beneficial. Everyone gets to that 'sticking' point when losing weight and if you have not tried it yet why not incorporate a little into your routine.

Which method of IF did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer View Post
    Adding cardio certainly would not hurt and definately would be beneficial. Everyone gets to that 'sticking' point when losing weight and if you have not tried it yet why not incorporate a little into your routine.

Which method of IF did you use?
    Thanks for the reply.

I used Eat Stop Eat. Two 24hr fasts a week without changing the foods I normally eat. I started fasting 1 day a week now because of the lack of strength in the gym and much more hunger cravings. I am going to try and maintain at 1 day and try to recomp. So far, the hunger has stopped. Tbh, I don't even look muscular despite significant strength gains.

Have you looked into HIIT.....awesome for fat burning while maintaining muscle.
    wellshii and NACH3 like this.

Have you looked into HIIT.....awesome for fat burning while maintaining muscle.
    I actually tried it with a jump rope. Did 45sec jumping with 60sec rest 10 sets. Was really winded at half way but the whole cycle lasted only about 14 min and cant see that being effective. Not sure if it is even considered HIIT. I know how to do sprints/fast pace walking.
    In short, I have not tried HIIT this time around and will actually give it a shot.
    Any comments or criticism with my wanting to use hgh?

wellshii is offline Member
    Try HIIT first. Whats your age?

Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    Try HIIT first. Whats your age?
    31 bro

MK-677 just caught my eye

wellshii is offline Member
    I would just go the hgh route,especially if you can get it from a clinic.
    Peptides are hit and miss from I have read(no actual experience)
    Wish I could have been more helpful sorry.

IMO your BF should needs to be lower to see a dramatic effect in losing BF from GH.....at least 12% and preferbly single digits.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    First congratulations on your progress. Losing 60 lbs is awesome. If you've made this amount of progress in 15 months your body is stalling for a reason. You can't keep making linear progress forever. Your body has to stop and reset what is normal for it. I'm not saying to not find ways to continue your progress, I'm just saying it's normal after that long and that much change that your body needs to reset. You've gotten s lot of good advice. Just don't get discouraged. It's normal to have plateaus along the way.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomyR6 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I used Eat Stop Eat. Two 24hr fasts a week without changing the foods I normally eat. I started fasting 1 day a week now because of the lack of strength in the gym and much more hunger cravings. I am going to try and maintain at 1 day and try to recomp. So far, the hunger has stopped. Tbh, I don't even look muscular despite significant strength gains.
    Defo congrats on your weight loss already!
    Have You ever triedghd 16 hr intermittent fasting??

So say you stop eating at 8pm you don't start till 12pm the following day but you feast in those 8hrs(clean obviously and get your macros in)... I've seen plenty of people maintain strength or even get stronger doing this - I have a woman that I'm coaching and she's been doing it and stays st around 12-13% bf yr round makes prep much easier(we are adding more LBM mass until end of May) but she's staying super lean and gaining strength!

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^^^^This!!!!!! I forgot about intermittent fasting Nach. I've tried it in the past with good results. It gives your digestive system a break and kind of tricks the body into being more efficient absorbing nutrients. Good idea.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have used low dose GH (4iu/d, generic) for the past 6+ mos incorporated with cardio, lifting and keto (now eating clean, non keto) and saw pretty decent results which were not present the first 6 mos without the GH. But it took a lot of work in lifting and cardio and diet. I went from 265 to 225 with some lean mass gains

fit_deskjocky is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

So say you stop eating at 8pm you don't start till 12pm the following day but you feast in those 8hrs(clean obviously and get your macros in)... I've seen plenty of people maintain strength or even get stronger doing this - I have a woman that I'm coaching and she's been doing it and stays st around 12-13% bf yr round makes prep much easier(we are adding more LBM mass until end of May) but she's staying super lean and gaining strength!
    Could this be used to get below 12-13% BF?

I am just starting this program. I have done research on the different methods and I don't think I can go 24hrs. without food. I have been struggling with those last few pounds and am hoping this will work. Just started this week and hoping see results soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    First congratulations on your progress. Losing 60 lbs is awesome. If you've made this amount of progress in 15 months your body is stalling for a reason. You can't keep making linear progress forever. Your body has to stop and reset what is normal for it. I'm not saying to not find ways to continue your progress, I'm just saying it's normal after that long and that much change that your body needs to reset. You've gotten s lot of good advice. Just don't get discouraged. It's normal to have plateaus along the way.
    Thanks for the advice. I know I still have work. I will post a pic later on so everyone can see what I mean. Its loose jiggly fat that just hangs there LOL. Its too the point that I am wondering if my skin will recover. People have lost 100lbs without hanging skin so I am hoping this isn't part of the problem.

I am quite familiar with this. Its the lean gains approach/ Keno diet. I believe you still need to track calories because you still need to eat roughly 500kcal less. I was trying to avoid tracking. About 2 years ago, I was tracking and weighing everything that went into my mouth (No homo) and only managed to lose 25lbs but there was no way I was able to live like that. Extremely time consuming. However, since I only have a little more to go, I may give this method you're suggesting another shot
    Quote Originally Posted by fit_deskjocky View Post
    Could this be used to get below 12-13% BF?
    Martin from lean gains and his cliets maintain 4-7% like this year round with ease, so they say... I have heard amazing things about it. Just another fasting guide. Martin even suggests trying Eat Stop Eat and says the results on the program are phenomenal.

I am just starting this program. I have done research on the different methods and I don't think I can go 24hrs. without food. I have been struggling with those last few pounds and am hoping this will work. Just started this week and hoping see results soon.
    Dude, I was a straight up cunt if I didn't eat. I was like that snickers commercial "you're not you when your hungry". The first week was hard but it got so much easier and I am not anywhere as irritable. I also trained fasted and found I liked it better, but it got difficult to keep doing it with my schedule. Give it shot. A lot of people ask me what I do and they give it a go and find they love it. However, they fall off rather quickly because they never actually read the book for the answers to their questions.
    Last edited by ZoomyR6; 03-01-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Last edited by ZoomyR6; 03-03-2017 at 03:50 AM.

Thread Information