Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: First timer questions

  1. #1
    newguy43 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    9

    First timer questions

    So I'm about to start a cycle of test, my first. I've done a lot of reading but want some direct answers and advice before I start. My buddy who got it from me has done a couple different cycles and just started one of test also but is only doing 200/week. From what I've read that's rather low, is that correct? So what would you suggest for a first timer? 200? 300? 400? It is test sustanon 250. From what I find I believe sustanon is mainly test propionate so from reading the sticky on first cycle I should be doing an 8 week cycle with it and starting PCT 3 days after the final injection, correct? I'll be taking hcg and arimidex with it and nolvadex and clomid following.

    Lastly, what other if any supplements should I take with it. Large regimen of protein? BCAA's? Or just the test and a good diet?

    Thanks for the help.

    New guy

  2. #2
    Couchlock is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy43 View Post
    So I'm about to start a cycle of test, my first. I've done a lot of reading but want some direct answers and advice before I start. My buddy who got it from me has done a couple different cycles and just started one of test also but is only doing 200/week. From what I've read that's rather low, is that correct? So what would you suggest for a first timer? 200? 300? 400? It is test sustanon 250. From what I find I believe sustanon is mainly test propionate so from reading the sticky on first cycle I should be doing an 8 week cycle with it and starting PCT 3 days after the final injection, correct? I'll be taking hcg and arimidex with it and nolvadex and clomid following.

    Lastly, what other if any supplements should I take with it. Large regimen of protein? BCAA's? Or just the test and a good diet?

    Thanks for the help.

    New guy
    1) You should do 400 to 500 per week
    2) You should run it for 12 weeks min (in spite of prop in there, there is also an extremely long ester, longer than cypionate )
    3) you should run arimidex (anastrozole) @.25mg eod, and adjust based on mid-cycle BW
    4) YOU should run hcg along side the test from day one @500iu a week (split in 2 250 iu shots
    5) you should start Clomid and Nolva pct 20 days after last shot of test.

    You should also run NAC for liver support on cycle daily,(also has other health benefits)

    Supplement with fish oil, healthy diet, and good training.

    Oh, and the MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL.... Make sure your at least 25 years old or more.

    That should do it

    Bcaa creatine sleep, etc go without saying

  3. #3
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My HOME GYM
    Posts
    13,246
    Sounds like you aren't ready to cycle sustanon is not mainly prop. Please research a lot more before messing with your hormones.

  4. #4
    newguy43 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    9
    That's not the description I should have used, my bad. It is not mainly prop but does contain it.

    Thanks for the info couch, what you mentioned is exactly what I had in mind also. And no worries, definitely over 25, 34 this month.

  5. #5
    newguy43 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    9
    One other question, I'll be going to the gym early mornings before gym. When are the best time periods to be taking all of these compounds, as I would assume not all at once. As mentioned above there will be BCAA and protein of course. Then what about the test, arimidex , hcg , NAC, fish oil. Just looking for some suggestions for best periods to take with out flossing my body with all of it at once, unless that really won't make a difference. Thanks for the help

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,505

  7. #7
    newguy43 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    9
    Yes sir, I've read through that many times over. Just looking for some advice on daily spacing of intakes with my regimen

  8. #8
    Couchlock is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy43 View Post
    Yes sir, I've read through that many times over. Just looking for some advice on daily spacing of intakes with my regimen
    You should already know when and how to use beneficial over the counter supplements such as creatine, and bcas's.

    These are basic things how long you been seriously making an effort to lift.

    I take creatine before and after gym, bcaa through out whole day

  9. #9
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    200 is pretty low, but itll still give results. If I were going to run test as a performance enhancement, I would run 300-500. One of the best cycles of my life was test p at 350mgs weekly. I have yet to replicate those results, even with extraordinarily high doses of test, tren , npp, etc. Your first cycle or 2 is usually going to be your best, in terms of "gains" as the kids call it these days.

  10. #10
    The Deadlifting Dog's Avatar
    The Deadlifting Dog is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,539
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982
    200 is pretty low, but itll still give results. If I were going to run test as a performance enhancement, I would run 300-500. One of the best cycles of my life was test p at 350mgs weekly. I have yet to replicate those results, even with extraordinarily high doses of test, tren, npp, etc. Your first cycle or 2 is usually going to be your best, in terms of "gains" as the kids call it these days.
    First of all...
    It's "gainz" not "gains".


    Second of all, not that you said it this way but...
    I am sick and tired of hearing about first cycle gainz being magical and all.
    The reason first cycle gainz are better than 5th cycle gainz is that you are less developed when you go on your first cycle than when you go on your 5th cycle.
    The less developed you are the easier it is to gain, natty or geared.

  11. #11
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy43 View Post
    So I'm about to start a cycle of test, my first. I've done a lot of reading but want some direct answers and advice before I start. My buddy who got it from me has done a couple different cycles and just started one of test also but is only doing 200/week. From what I've read that's rather low, is that correct? So what would you suggest for a first timer? 200? 300? 400? It is test sustanon 250. From what I find I believe sustanon is mainly test propionate so from reading the sticky on first cycle I should be doing an 8 week cycle with it and starting PCT 3 days after the final injection, correct? I'll be taking hcg and arimidex with it and nolvadex and clomid following.

    Lastly, what other if any supplements should I take with it. Large regimen of protein? BCAA's? Or just the test and a good diet?

    Thanks for the help.

    New guy
    How long have you been working out for? From the sounds if it doesn't sound like very long. Supplements do jack shit, bcaa mainly, ONLY needed if you're on some kind of fasted diet. Protein is a good supplement, but not some magic body builder. Is your diet in check, are you meeting your calories/macros? If not you're wasting your time.
    Last edited by jjsevens; 03-09-2017 at 02:18 PM.

  12. #12
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    First of all...
    It's "gainz" not "gains".


    Second of all, not that you said it this way but...
    I am sick and tired of hearing about first cycle gainz being magical and all.
    The reason first cycle gainz are better than 5th cycle gainz is that you are less developed when you go on your first cycle than when you go on your 5th cycle.
    The less developed you are the easier it is to gain, natty or geared.
    Lol! My mistake. It does drive me insane as well

  13. #13
    newguy43 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    9
    I do know how to use over the counter supplements, that wasn't my question. My question pertained to the additional substance I'll be adding.

    I'm aware supplements are not a magical body builder.

    I joined this site to read and learn and ask questions to try to do this the correct way not just say hey let's take some test and do nothing else like many of those in my area do. Like the saying goes, measure twice cut once. Hence why I am asking many question to make sure I do it correctly and most beneficially. Otherwise I'd have started a month and a half ago when I got the test.

    I appreciate those who have tried to help

  14. #14
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy43 View Post
    I do know how to use over the counter supplements, that wasn't my question. My question pertained to the additional substance I'll be adding.

    I'm aware supplements are not a magical body builder.

    I joined this site to read and learn and ask questions to try to do this the correct way not just say hey let's take some test and do nothing else like many of those in my area do. Like the saying goes, measure twice cut once. Hence why I am asking many question to make sure I do it correctly and most beneficially. Otherwise I'd have started a month and a half ago when I got the test.

    I appreciate those who have tried to help
    Fully understood and much respect for being patient. I'll tell you what I would suggest if you plan to use sustanon (I hate it though). Dosed at 250mgs, I would use 500mgs weekly. And why I suggest 8 weeks on a short ester,on sustanon I recommend 10-12. I'm assuming it is ugl and in saying that you don't know the actual blend. I've seen, as in most brews, a test p as a primary test. But then again, unless they state otherwise, you won't know. I know test p is hard to hold in solution much higher than 100mgs/ml. I'm going to assume you have a 50mg/ml prop, 100 test e or c, maybe 100 test undeca. That's a short, medium, and long test blend (the reason for my hatred). Test e will be peaking, results wise, at the 8 well mark (for most) and the prop from 4-6 (8-10 weeks is optimal for test p in my opinion). Test e I prefer to run 10-16 weeks, usually 12 is more than enough. Test Undeca (if this is an ester used) needs to be ran for much longer. I would venture to say 12-20 weeks is not out of the ordinary. If stopped at 8 weeks, the long ester would just be staying to come on and shine. Keep in mind all of these are assumptions because I don't know the esters used. Running 300-500mgs of test will be great for you, but I would stick to a single ester. Many love sustanon for their own reasons. It's not bad. It's still test, and test is test. You just don't want to cut yourself short here on your first cycle or 2. I wish I had the sense to listen to people when I started. It would have saved me a lot of trial and error that I could have avoided. Anything else?

  15. #15
    newguy43 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    9
    Thanks for the help PT. Of course as you mentioned, don't know the actual blend. Planning 500mgs weekly for 12 weeks. My other question I mentioned is timeframes of when should I take the test, arimidex , and hcg or does it matter? As in, on days that require all, should I take them all in the mornings before my workout or space them out throughout the day? Or does it not really matter? Haven't in the past but also plan to start taking fish oil and NAC as suggested but I'll just throw them in at lunch

    Thanks again for the help, I could read everything on this site and I'd still have questions

  16. #16
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy43 View Post
    Thanks for the help PT. Of course as you mentioned, don't know the actual blend. Planning 500mgs weekly for 12 weeks. My other question I mentioned is timeframes of when should I take the test, arimidex , and hcg or does it matter? As in, on days that require all, should I take them all in the mornings before my workout or space them out throughout the day? Or does it not really matter? Haven't in the past but also plan to start taking fish oil and NAC as suggested but I'll just throw them in at lunch

    Thanks again for the help, I could read everything on this site and I'd still have questions
    Read the sticky for first cycle, but I usually pin daily. So I take my aas every day. Doing that, I'll take hcg on Mondays and Thursdays so I can keep up with it. I'd say the same for your AI. I rarely ever take an AI, but I'm assuming to take it with the hcg only because of ease of remembering to dose.
    Take vitamin e with your fish oil to reap full benefits. NAC is something I highly recommended to take year round. There is so many benefits that it would take forever to list. I personally think it's the best in cycle liver support, followed by TUDCA/UDCA. NAC is superior in my opinion. I take 500-600mgs daily, 1000-1200mgs daily on cycle, and 1500-1800 while using an oral.

  17. #17
    TiduZ1492 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    First of all...
    It's "gainz" not "gains".


    Second of all, not that you said it this way but...
    I am sick and tired of hearing about first cycle gainz being magical and all.
    The reason first cycle gainz are better than 5th cycle gainz is that you are less developed when you go on your first cycle than when you go on your 5th cycle.
    The less developed you are the easier it is to gain, natty or geared.
    First timer questions-gainz.jpg

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •