Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do you really need to aspirate??

T20
    T20 is offline New Member

Exclamation Do you really need to aspirate??

Just wondering if it is really necessary to aspirate ?? I know it's really not that big of a deal to do, so why risk it, but this is why I ask...
    I was recently put on a trt by my doctor, and he showed me how to inject. He actually had me give myself a shot while he told me what to do. Never once did he ever mention anything about aspirating. Just told me to stick it in my thigh all the way and push it in. Never really thought too much about it till now and honestly just thought there were no veins large enough to hit that deep in the muscle tissue. I have no real knowledge of this, just always thought the veins large enough to hit were at the surface (where they are popping out!!)...

So how necessary is it??? Please no comments on the ignorance of my theory! lol

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    yes, you need to aspirate ....

ur doc is an idiot... shooting gear into your vein is very dangerous...

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Look at it this way. At a minimum you don't want to waste it by pushing into a vein what belongs in muscle tissue...Right?

AG
    BuddyGlove1 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    The majority of the med profession ( in the UK at least) don't aspirate when giving IM injections.
    But the IM injections they are giving are not steroids in an oily vehicle.
    It's the oil, that if injected into a vein may cause a pulminary micro embolism.
    I know a nurse who gave multiple IM injections daily and in 16 years of aspirating only drew blood twice.
    Even if you did aspirate blood it does not mean you are in a vein, it's more than likely you passed through a blood vessel and this has caused a small pool of blood in the muscle.
    I have personally never aspirated and iv'e done hundreds of jabs.
    But if you are injecting 4ml + of steroid it's probably best to aspirate.

stpete is offline Banned
    A paramedic was the first one to give me juice, and after showing me how to draw from a multi dose correctly, he told me to aspirate and showed me how. Told me to do it everytime. I've only drawn blood maybe 4 times in 12 years though.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Yes, you need to

binsser is offline Senior Member
    cant believe u asked really bud its a rule for a reason!

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    BS man..he had every right to ask...
    his doc told him something different...what is the point to ur post...
    parrots, drive me nuts

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    My fathers TRT doctor and his urologist (who 1st prescribed him trt) didn't aspirate when injecting him...... he still aspirates for good measure tho.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

I see no reason not to..... 2 seconds????

Dougewesq is offline Junior Member
    I certainly dont see a risk to aspirating. do it to be safe

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Question you should be asking yourself is WHY WOULDN'T you aspirate ???

it takes less than a second to do.......you are taking a gamble if you don't

if there was a one in one hundred chance you may inject into a vein, WHY would you risk that over the second it takes to aspirate

just sounds lazy and stupid NOT TO!! JMHO

tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    it's all been said ^^ now go aspirate !

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    With this being said.....

ASPIRATE . End of story...

Like stated a million times.. It takes two seconds. not hard at all.

mho
    mho is offline Member
    What does aspirate mean and how do you do it?

I'm guessing you're referring to the process of removing air from the barrel and needle. Is that correct?

Akrobatik is offline Associate Member
    *Palm to the face*

T20
    Thanks for the posts guys, and by the way I do aspirate ... like I said... "I know it's really not that big of a deal to do, so why risk it, but this is why I ask... "

I was more curious why a trained professional would never mention anything of the matter when it could potentially be a big deal.

Oh yea.. what exactly would happen (meaning how would you feel) and how fast, if you injected into a vein??

Thanks

gamemania is offline Junior Member
    if you do aspirate , and u draw some blood...what do u do next? obviously pull out the needle and try it in a different area, but do u have to discard the contents of the syringe and change needles etc?

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gamemania;457***7
    if you do aspirate, and u draw some blood...what do u do next? obviously pull out the needle and try it in a different area, but do u have to discard the contents of the syringe and change needles etc?
    I see now. I have always heard it called registering.

eckstg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gamemania;457***7
    if you do aspirate, and u draw some blood...what do u do next? obviously pull out the needle and try it in a different area, but do u have to discard the contents of the syringe and change needles etc?
    I read somewhere that it wasnt necessary to completly pull out if you draw blood but to just pull out a little ways and change direction some and try again.

I thought it was at 1 of these 2 sites http://www.s p o t injections.com/index3.htm or http://www.howtodoinjections.com/ but i cant find that statement at either of those.I always wondered if you did get some blood in the syringe and just pulled out a little ways and reinserted in a slightly different angle that if you got blood the second time would you even notice since theres already some blood in there?But from what i read above its rare to draw blood to begin with so i guess getting blood the second time is almost nil.

I always go very slow on inserting the needle myself as opposed to Quickly pierceing the skin.

BIG_TRUCK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eckstg View Post
    I read somewhere that it wasnt necessary to completly pull out if you draw blood but to just pull out a little ways and change direction some and try again.

I thought it was at 1 of these 2 sites http://www.s p o t injections.com/index3.htm or http://www.howtodoinjections.com/ but i cant find that statement at either of those.I always wondered if you did get some blood in the syringe and just pulled out a little ways and reinserted in a slightly different angle that if you got blood the second time would you even notice since theres already some blood in there?But from what i read above its rare to draw blood to begin with so i guess getting blood the second time is almost nil.

I always go very slow on inserting the needle myself as opposed to Quickly pierceing the skin.
    Always pull out and re-shoot.

Lots of TRT docs do not aspirate . Best to do it just in case your in a vein, even if you do inject into one (which is rare), your body will still absorb and take care of the oil. You will no when you inject into a vein, and even when you go through one.

eckstg is offline Associate Member
    I know sometimes when i inject into a glute i get a funny taste in the back of my throat. Do any of you experience this sometimes and do you know why this could be?I figured i could be hitting a vein some but before injection i always aspirate and never got any blood in those situations.

408gt91 is offline Associate Member
    I never have till i came to this forum. Now I do it everytime.

sirrah2508 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eckstg View Post
    I know sometimes when i inject into a glute i get a funny taste in the back of my throat. Do any of you experience this sometimes and do you know why this could be?I figured i could be hitting a vein some but before injection i always aspirate and never got any blood in those situations.
    yeah man i have experienced this before but it was only while i was using tren

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    The majority of the med profession ( in the UK at least) don't aspirate when giving IM injections.
    But the IM injections they are giving are not steroids in an oily vehicle.
    It's the oil, that if injected into a vein may cause a pulminary micro embolism.
    I know a nurse who gave multiple IM injections daily and in 16 years of aspirating only drew blood twice.
    Even if you did aspirate blood it does not mean you are in a vein, it's more than likely you passed through a blood vessel and this has caused a small pool of blood in the muscle.
    I have personally never aspirated and iv'e done hundreds of jabs.
    But if you are injecting 4ml + of steroid it's probably best to aspirate.
    Same here, i used to but dont anymore...

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    You know it right away and you feel like shit. I had flu like symptoms..and was weak. I ate something and took a nap. But thats my cure for everything

Quote Originally Posted by T20 View Post
    Thanks for the posts guys, and by the way I do aspirate ... like I said... "I know it's really not that big of a deal to do, so why risk it, but this is why I ask... "

I was more curious why a trained professional would never mention anything of the matter when it could potentially be a big deal.

Oh yea.. what exactly would happen (meaning how would you feel) and how fast, if you injected into a vein??

Thanks

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member
    Only dumb dumb's dont asperate.Bye bye

BTW Happy slap your doc lol,

T20
    Soo what are the consequences of injecting into a vein?? I've never really known what happens, just that its something you want to avoid...

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    A pulmonary oil embolus is always fun

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Post #26

Quote Originally Posted by T20 View Post
    Soo what are the consequences of injecting into a vein?? I've never really known what happens, just that its something you want to avoid...

ModernWarrior is offline New Member
    Question, if your not in a vein, what are you actually drawing up into the syringe when aspirating?

AS-Talon is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernWarrior View Post
    Question, if your not in a vein, what are you actually drawing up into the syringe when aspirating?
    I've wondered this too but my guess is that the tiny air molecules you failed to get out are expanding from the pressure?

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    you are usually drawing absolutely nothing, pull hard enough and youll form a vacuum: looks like a little air bubble). this is a good way to bruise the muscle. dont aspirate too hard. personally i dont at all, but i do sometimes just in case.

Edit: handbooks and guides for docs/nurses that i come across have all said to aspirate.

romo6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mho View Post
    I see now. I have always heard it called registering.
    Registering is when you are going intravaneously and looking for blood.

hero717 is offline Associate Member
    if ur into a muscle ur are aisperating air...u dont have to asp...but if u feel like it go ahead...if u kno how to prop. find your landmarks u will be ok...

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hero717 View Post
    if ur into a muscle ur are aisperating air...
    nah, theres no air to be aspirated. i explained that earlier in the thread i think. the beef i have with aspirating is that in all my years (including a 16 week of ed injects) i havent hit a verin, and the aspirating part increases my chances of moving the needle too much or drawing back too hard, which both cause post injection pain.

skeldno is offline Member
    I dont aspirate but i think i will now! lol

LizzardSecond is offline Associate Member
    just play it safe and aspirate . Your not looking to pull back a crazy amount. If your in a vein it will pull back easy and with lots of blood.

VAgym is offline Junior Member
    Sure the chances are low of getting a vein, but for the people it happens to, the probability was 100%. It takes two seconds, so why not do it for the extra assurance.

None of you rocket scientists thought to wonder why those doctors were not aspirating?

You do not need to aspirate . If you are superstitious, go for it. But "playing it safe" is not a response, you are just wasting 5 seconds of your life.

Concerns over PE are unwarranted. It takes a very large amount of oil to cause a PE first of all. Second, there are no veins large enough to even accommodate the bore of those needles in standard injection sites. You couldn't inject 2cc into your venous circulation if you we trying to.

No one who is up to date on current recommendations in this country aspirates.
    Last edited by BrokenBricks; 04-26-2009 at 10:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information