Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By redz
  • 1 Post By dawgfan77

Thread: Injection site pain/inflammation???

dawgfan77 is offline New Member

Injection site pain/inflammation???

I was a several weeks in running a low dose Test E cycle 250mg/week and noticed the sites started getting more and more painful, but not until 2-3 days after. So much so, that I started shying away from Delt injections which is normally my "go-to" spot (I'm weird). Very sore and noticeable swelling. Then a glute pin did the same thing, but worse. Clearly infected I think, 3 days after pin lots of swelling,'big knot, and a clear red circle on the skin surface. Decided on a Saturday that if it wasn't better by Monday id go see my Dr. But it started subsiding and the redness and tenderness started to disappear. But for about 3 days it was pretty bad to the point where I couldn't sleep on my back.
    My first thought was I must have somehow contaminated the bottle. So I tossed it. My supplier swears he's not had any other complaints, and I had no problems from the first half of the bottle so I assume it was my fault. I've used his stuff multiple times with no issues. I had some Prop from the same place that I've been wanting to try (1st time with Prop) so I figured why not.

My question is, does my accessment sound correct, that I somehow contaminated my vial?
    Just for comparison, the E I threw away felt just like the Prop I swapped to now, only the prop hurts pretty much immediately and the E was taking a few days before it got sore. I realize Prop is supposed to be much worse, but I've never had E feel that way.
    Thanks for the input guys, I hope this is the right section

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like dirty gear, short of re-using pins it is difficult to contaminate a vial. If I ever got an infection from gear I'd dump the source because that's your health you're playing with.
    Jonbana likes this.

You could help others by naming the ugl brand.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Sounds like a high BA content cut with sterile oil.

I'm meticulous with sterilization, never reuse anything, new draw, new pin every time. But like I said, it was towards the bottom half of a bottle. New pins or not, every draw is a chance at contamination. But had zero issues with 1st half of bottle. And used same stuff from same supplier multiple times and no issues. I guess there's always a first.
    I wasn't sure if I could name the brand here, if not mods please edit. It's Imporium

It's strange the first half of the vial didn't cause any issue that's why I thought it might not be high ba content.

joshrutz56 is offline Junior Member
    Have you pinned quads before ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but it's my least favorite place, I just have this thing with quads, freaks me out. I usually only do when I'm running a short ester EOD, not much choice then. Like I said, I'm weird...
    joshrutz56 likes this.

What size needle did you use to inject your glute?

Thread Information