Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By DocToxin8
  • 1 Post By Marsoc
  • 2 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By Quester

Thread: Possible to ONLY grow legs on a low dose of tren if i don't train upperbod

dirkmcgirk is offline Junior Member

Possible to ONLY grow legs on a low dose of tren if i don't train upperbod

I have the upper body of a 240lbs man even though i have the legs of a 200lbs man. Just want to get my quads and calves bigger after my cut. I was considering running a low dose of tren a(50EoD) or tren e (150mg E3.5 days) along with a my TRT dose test cyp(100mg E3.5 days). Please note this would be my first time dealing with Tren and Im not interested in being bodybuilder or a physique model just want better proportions.

Boxing is more important than lifting for me, but i am a vain son of a bitch. I don't box competitively, just engage in spar wars at the gym to keep myself sharp. I understand tren will have a deleterious effect on my endurance and seeing as i am already big for a heavyweight im sure i'll have to lay off while on cycle. how soon after cycle will i get my endurance back? will the fact that i've never done tren still cause my upperbody to grow even if i don't train upperbody or at max train upperbody briefly after legs when my CNS is ketputz ?

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    First of, do a test cycle. No need for tren .
    Second, do squats. Do deadlifts.
    Train like a powerlifter almost.
    Squats and deadlifts make you grow proportional.
    Just isolating legs with machines is a bad idea IMO.
    You can do them too ofcourse.

A classic volume approach (other than HIIT),
    IS start with 5-8 reps heavy excersizes like squats and front squats,
    Then end the last half of the workout by upping reps and shorter rests in more isolation type excersizes, like seated leg curls and extensions.
    Hip adductions and so on.

I've seen people who neglected legs and got great upper bodies even out just by emphasizing squats and leg routines.
    Didn't need to stop working upper body.
    Squats and deadlifts train the whole body also.
    songdog likes this.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    I imagine whatever muscle you work out will grow...and what you neglect will not so much
    DocToxin8 likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I agree with the big guy above!
    Marsoc and DocToxin8 like this.

Work makes muscles grow not necessarily AAS. Work up a good lower body routine and stick with it.
    DocToxin8 likes this.

I have a torn meniscus in each knee as well as degenerative arthiritis in both knees. It is inevitable i will need a knee replacement at some point down the road despite my knees never suffering trauma, only wear and tear. i literally can't make an explosive jump, i can only hop. i can't do deadlifts and i can't squat. my leg exercises are limited to leg press, leg ext, hammies and hack squats and i have to perform all exercises above the 10 rep range because the load at lower reps is too substantial for my knees.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Maybe use something that will increase collagen synthsesis and IGF-1 levels. Like Test, and IGF-1 or HGH or an RHGH + RHGP.
    Test first and foremost but adding any of the others would help.
    DocToxin8 likes this.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmcgirk View Post
    I have a torn meniscus in each knee as well as degenerative arthiritis in both knees. It is inevitable i will need a knee replacement at some point down the road despite my knees never suffering trauma, only wear and tear. i literally can't make an explosive jump, i can only hop. i can't do deadlifts and i can't squat. my leg exercises are limited to leg press, leg ext, hammies and hack squats and i have to perform all exercises above the 10 rep range because the load at lower reps is too substantial for my knees.
    Well, you know your own body best. And you could just do the excersizes you mention.
    But in my experience higher reps isn't always kinder on ligaments/joints.
    Sometimes the reverse is true, I'm not saying go super heavy,
    but a very slow and strict 6-8 reps, (after a good warmup),
    might be easier on the joints than >10reps, due to it usually being more sloppy form on high reps.
    It depend on the excersize as well.
    If you can do hack squats you probably can do regular squats,
    you just need to make sure your technique is such that you don't stress the knees. F.ex don't let the knee go past your toes (looking at a straight line from your knees to feet), make sure the weight is on your heel, not the toes.

If you simply squat without any weight you can feel it in your knees (easy when cold), when the knees are stressed and when they're not.

I'd also do physiotherapy and supplement with glucosamine, chondroitin, gelatin, and so on. (Yeah, HGH too)

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    Well, you know your own body best. And you could just do the excersizes you mention.
    But in my experience higher reps isn't always kinder on ligaments/joints.
    Sometimes the reverse is true, I'm not saying go super heavy,
    but a very slow and strict 6-8 reps, (after a good warmup),
    might be easier on the joints than >10reps, due to it usually being more sloppy form on high reps.
    It depend on the excersize as well.
    If you can do hack squats you probably can do regular squats,
    you just need to make sure your technique is such that you don't stress the knees. F.ex don't let the knee go past your toes (looking at a straight line from your knees to feet), make sure the weight is on your heel, not the toes.

If you simply squat without any weight you can feel it in your knees (easy when cold), when the knees are stressed and when they're not.

I'd also do physiotherapy and supplement with glucosamine, chondroitin, gelatin, and so on. (Yeah, HGH too)
    Thanks Big Doc

Quote Originally Posted by dirkmcgirk View Post
    Dang, welcome to the bum knee club. I do straight sets of 10 reps on all my lower body lifts. I don't do 1RM type of weight. I use moderate weight but I slow down the motion to extract as much intensity out of each rep. I perform my concentric motion in 4 seconds and eccentric motion in 2 seconds. I still get a really good leg workout based on those guide lines. 4 leg exercises per workout and 3 sets per exercise for 12 sets total. If you concentrate on the intensity, 12 sets are enough to get a good workout with taxing your joints or central nervous system.

Thread Information