• 2 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By PT1982
  • 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By Back In Black

Thread: First cycle guidance

ZoomyR6 is offline Junior Member

First cycle guidance

Hey guys,

I was going to try hgh as a first cycle but quickly changed my mind. I am interested in a Test E ONLY cycle for my first time. I believe it's simple enough but wanted some advice/critiquing/guidance.

Week 1-12: 500mg Test E a week
    Week 1-14: .5mg Armidex ed

PCT
    Week 14-18:
    Clomid 100/50/50/50
    Farestos (Not sure the dosage here. Help?)

The source doesn't carry nolvadex so I was going to use Farestos. Doable?

Just a few questions:

1. I see some cycles call for .25 eod of armidex. How do I know the correct amount to actually use- ed or eod?
    2. For the AI and for the anti-estrogen in pct, what if I start developing sides like lumps and gyno. Once it happens, is it too late to correct once the damage is done or once you up the dosages, the sides go away completely?

Pardon my ignorance once again and thanks for the help.

31 yo
    212lbs (was 272 15 months ago)
    15-16% bf?
    training 1 year

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    You could probably continue to gain without cycling for a while with the right nutrition plan especially since your only a year into training. I would add the nolvadex to your pct for sure. 40/40/20/20 and if your planning to run arimidex as your ai .25 mg eod is a good starting point and adjust as needed
    songdog likes this.

I have been having a problem with keeping up my strength while in a deficit thus far. I wanted to utilize the above cycle to put on some muscle while in a slight deficit, maybe even maintenance, so I can lose some of my fat pouch. There is still a decent amount there and tbh, I am wondering if I will ever be able to even get rid of that jiggle since I've been heavy my whole life...

I do appreciate your feedback, honest.
    Last edited by ZoomyR6; 03-04-2017 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your goal is all over the place. You won't gain muscle on a calorie deficit. Also wanting to gain muscle and reduce fat at the same time really isn't the most ideal goal.
    PT1982 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomyR6
    I have been having a problem with keeping up my strength while in a deficit thus far. I wanted to utilize the above cycle to put on some muscle while in a slight deficit, maybe even maintenance, so I can lose some of my fat pouch. There is still a decent amount there and tbh, I am wondering if I will ever be able to even get rid of that jiggle since I've been heavy my whole life... I do appreciate your feedback, honest.
    I am sure it took you more than a year to get out of shape therefore...
    It's going to take more than a year to get back in shape.

I would stay off the juice for at least another year.
    ZoomyR6 and songdog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Your goal is all over the place. You won't gain muscle on a calorie deficit. Also wanting to gain muscle and reduce fat at the same time really isn't the most ideal goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I am sure it took you more than a year to get out of shape therefore...
    It's going to take more than a year to get back in shape.

I would stay off the juice for at least another year.
    Appreciate the tips but I am going to do it regardless. I would rather some help with it so it gets done correctly, which was the reason for my thread

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wouldn't use .5mgs of armidex every day until you think that's the dose you need. That's a really high dose to start or being that you've never used aas. Start with .25 eod and you'll probably be fine. AIs are used as an insurance so to speak, and more is not always better. I'm surprised to see many of the new guys using these doses to begin with. Be safe and I wish you luck in whatever you decide
    ZoomyR6 likes this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Follow this to the letter but, as others say, you have a contradictory goal. For me it's a waste of a first cycle which will give greater results when bulking.

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

And check your bodyfat, most people grossly underestimate their levels

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0891.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	168099

I'm not sure how it's contradictory. I have been able to lose 60lbs and while getting much stronger than when I first started. Yes, that will eventually slow down, which I believe it's starting to do now. That's why I wanted to go on test, to stay in a slight deficit or even maintenance and recomp. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn, the more fat you lose. Correct me if I am wrong. I am not looking to go balls to the walls with AAS and start taking different compounds. Just Test.

You want to cut and bulk in the same cycle do you not? Or are you just bulking to try and increase to RMR after cycle? If you are in a deficit it's unlikely you will put down any lean tissue and if you do you are going to gain fat during and after PCT when you have to eat at a caloric surplus to try and hold onto whatever gains you may have.

Can you post a pic so we can advise properly?

Ah Understood. Sure I will post my before and afters

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before1.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	168101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	168102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After1.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	168103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After2.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	168104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After3.JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	168105

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I see you asking for advice but then when you don't hear wat you want you get upset sorry but we do things the safe way here.And you are worried about lumps and Gyno and are going to run a cycle without Nova? Wat do you think treats Gyno? And you only get one !st cycle where you will grow like a weed why waste it on a cut and cut and bulk cycles are a myth IMOP you do one or the other good luck on your cycle.

Congrats son all that weight loss, bet you feel like a different person.

In all honesty you are above 16%, loose skin or not and I think you can make great strides with changes to your diet, lifting and cardio routines.

It's difficult to see any muscular base and I think that is what you should concentrate on, naturally, for now. Especially if you have been in deficit for such a long time.

Post your current diet plan in a new thread in the nutrition forum and detail your workout and regime in that thread too.
    songdog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I see you asking for advice but then when you don't hear wat you want you get upset sorry but we do things the safe way here.And you are worried about lumps and Gyno and are going to run a cycle without Nova? Wat do you think treats Gyno? And you only get one !st cycle where you will grow like a weed why waste it on a cut and cut and bulk cycles are a myth IMOP you do one or the other good luck on your cycle.
    Oh I am far from upset.
    Isn't fareston used in place of Nova? Its newer as well. This is why I came here in the first place, for help with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Congrats son all that weight loss, bet you feel like a different person.

In all honesty you are above 16%, loose skin or not and I think you can make great strides with changes to your diet, lifting and cardio routines.

It's difficult to see any muscular base and I think that is what you should concentrate on, naturally, for now. Especially if you have been in deficit for such a long time.

Post your current diet plan in a new thread in the nutrition forum and detail your workout and regime in that thread too.
    Thanks brother. Yeah, feel like a completely different person. What would you estimate my BF at?
    I will post in the nutrition thread for sure. Since I am writing in here, I have been doing IF and Wendler 531. I was doing two 24hr fasts but recently, my strength has seemed to stall. I started only one 24hr fast a week so I can eat more. I am just worried about eating even more and packing on fat. I don't want to go back to that place I came from so I am nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomyR6 View Post
    Oh I am far from upset.
    Isn't fareston used in place of Nova? Its newer as well. This is why I came here in the first place, for help with this.

Thanks brother. Yeah, feel like a completely different person. What would you estimate my BF at?
    I will post in the nutrition thread for sure. Since I am writing in here, I have been doing IF and Wendler 531. I was doing two 24hr fasts but recently, my strength has seemed to stall. I started only one 24hr fast a week so I can eat more. I am just worried about eating even more and packing on fat. I don't want to go back to that place I came from so I am nervous.
    Don't worry we can (re)build you. See you in the diet section.
    songdog likes this.

Thread Information