Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Light cycle

  1. #1
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150

    Light cycle

    Is there such thing as a light cycle? I'm going to go on a cut soon and dont want to lose the size/strength I've put on during my bulk. I was trying to avoid going on cycle looking at alternatives but there just aren't any....

    My concern are the sides, I went on a poorly informed cycle last summer and as a result my nuts shrunk permanently, and believe it's caused some issues with my pituitary gland as I have high prolactin levels, which I'm trying to sort out with my Dr. I'm also 40 and don't want to fuck with my bodies chemistry too much, at this age shit really starts changing so want to be careful.

    So if I did decide to go on cycle, what would you recommend I take to maximize low bf% while maintaining my current size/strength?
    Last edited by jjsevens; 03-09-2017 at 08:52 AM.

  2. #2
    Couchlock is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    Is there such thing as a light cycle? I'm going to go on a cut soon and dont want to lose the size/strength I've put on during my bulk. I was trying to avoid going on cycle looking at alternatives but there just aren't any....

    My concern are the sides, I went on a poorly informed cycle last summer and as a result my nuts shrunk permanently, and believe it's caused some issues with my pituitary gland as I have high prolactin levels, which I'm trying to sort out with my Dr. I'm also 40 and don't want to fuck with my bodies chemistry too much, at this age shit really starts changing so want to be careful.

    So if I did decide to go on cycle, what would you recommend I take to maximize low bf% while maintaining my current size/strength?
    A light cycle can be described as low dose, but as far as shut down low and high do the same. Might as well do it right.

    500mg test per week. 1-12
    .25mg adex eod. 1-14
    250iu hcg 2x per week 1-14

    Run hcg and adex up until start of pct, discontinue hcg 3 days before first pct dose, run adex up to first dose.

    75/50/50/50 ed per week Clomid
    40/20/20/20/20 ed per week Nolva

    That s a conservative, effective, simple "light cycle"

    Anything else is just not enough and half assed, or too much and silly and going to make more sides than you'll care to deal with

    Diet diet diet diet to maximise low BF%

  3. #3
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    A light cycle can be described as low dose, but as far as shut down low and high do the same. Might as well do it right.

    500mg test per week. 1-12
    .25mg adex eod. 1-14
    250iu hcg 2x per week 1-14

    Run hcg and adex up until start of pct, discontinue hcg 3 days before first pct dose, run adex up to first dose.

    75/50/50/50 ed per week Clomid
    40/20/20/20/20 ed per week Nolva

    That s a conservative, effective, simple "light cycle"

    Anything else is just not enough and half assed, or too much and silly and going to make more sides than you'll care to deal with

    Diet diet diet diet to maximise low BF%
    OK thanks for the breakdown, shit man I just can't win no matter which way I slice it.... still on the fence about this.

    Sorry if these are stupid questions, but need some clarification on the list you gave me...

    What type of test and should I take and is it better to break it up to twice a week?
    What is adex EOD and what does it do?
    Do I need to wait xxx number of days after my last pin before I start PCT?
    What do you mean by 75/50/50/50 and 40/20/20/20/20 Ed per week? Every day? So for example clomid 75mg in the morning, 50mg mid morning, 50mg in the afternoon etc...??
    How long should I run pct?
    Lastly what would you recommend as a suitable calorie defecit while on this cycle, again maintaining size/strength? I'm at 20% bf and would like to cut down to 10%

    Thankyou for your help.

  4. #4
    Couchlock is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post

    OK thanks for the breakdown, shit man I just can't won no matter which way I slice it.... still on the fence about this.

    Sorry if these are stupid questions, but need some clarification on the list you gave me...

    What type of test and should I take it twice a week?
    What is adex EOD and what does it do?
    Do I need to wait xxx number of days after my last pin before I start PCT?
    What do you mean by 75/50/50/50 and 40/20/20/20/20 Ed per week? Every day? So for example clomid 75mg in the morning, 50mg mid morning, 50mg in the afternoon etc...??
    How long should I run pct?
    Lastly what would you recommend as a suitable calorie defecit while on this cycle, again maintaining size/strength? I'm at 20% bf and would like to cut down to 10%

    Thankyou for your help.
    Arimidex , or "ADEX" is anastrozole, it is an "aromatase inhibitor" it prevents conversion of test to estrogen. Its necessary to prevent edema, high blood pressure, extra fat gain, and gyno. It is used at a starting dose of .25mg (1/4 mg) EveryOtherDay (EOD)

    TEST should be cypionate or enanthate , yes pin 250mg twice a week, Monday morning, and Thursday evening.

    You need to wait 18 days after last pin to start pct if using cyp. Or 14 days if using enan.

    The dose of Clomid will be 75mg every day for first week,then 50mg every day for The following 3 weeks.

    Nolva 40mg every day for first week, and 20mg every day for the following 3 to 5 weeks.

    You'll run Nolva and Clomid concurrently and Clomid will end at week 4, Nolva will run an additional 1 or 2 weeks.

  5. #5
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    A light cycle can be described as low dose, but as far as shut down low and high do the same. Might as well do it right.

    500mg test per week. 1-12
    .25mg adex eod. 1-14
    250iu hcg 2x per week 1-14

    Run hcg and adex up until start of pct, discontinue hcg 3 days before first pct dose, run adex up to first dose.

    75/50/50/50 ed per week Clomid
    40/20/20/20/20 ed per week Nolva

    That s a conservative, effective, simple "light cycle"

    Anything else is just not enough and half assed, or too much and silly and going to make more sides than you'll care to deal with

    Diet diet diet diet to maximise low BF%
    How can you give advice with out knowing his stats? You see he already has problems and you could be adding to them.

  6. #6
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    TEST should be cypionate or enanthate
    Any benefits/negatives or sides between cyp or enanthate ?

  7. #7
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    How can you give advice with out knowing his stats? You see he already has problems and you could be adding to them.
    What stats do you need to see? Everything checks back ok according to my Dr, with the exception of prolactin levels, which haven't gone up tremendously to raise serious concerns, I've also taken an xray of the pituitary gland to rule out prolactinoma. I also have hypothyroidism and is in check, but could be the reason why my prolactins out of wack. Either way this is something I'm trying to resolve with my Dr IF I decide to go on cycle.

  8. #8
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is online now Beach Bodybuilder - HOF
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,066
    Can you post your bloodwork?

  9. #9
    Couchlock is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post

    How can you give advice with out knowing his stats? You see he already has problems and you could be adding to them.
    Not really advice, more like explaining a solid well thought out cycle. He's 40 yo anyway and already cycled. I think he's going to do it anyway.

    Fwiw, this info is all in a sticky at top of page.

  10. #10
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    Is there such thing as a light cycle? I'm going to go on a cut soon and dont want to lose the size/strength I've put on during my bulk. I was trying to avoid going on cycle looking at alternatives but there just aren't any....

    My concern are the sides, I went on a poorly informed cycle last summer and as a result my nuts shrunk permanently, and believe it's caused some issues with my pituitary gland as I have high prolactin levels, which I'm trying to sort out with my Dr. I'm also 40 and don't want to fuck with my bodies chemistry too much, at this age shit really starts changing so want to be careful.

    So if I did decide to go on cycle, what would you recommend I take to maximize low bf% while maintaining my current size/strength?
    You might want to consider some hcg to get those nuts back

  11. #11
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    You might want to consider some hcg to get those nuts back
    Is that still possible given I finished up my pct in November last year? I haven't cycled since then.

  12. #12
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Can you post your bloodwork?
    I don't have enough posts to put up a link so can I list them for you? Let me know what you'd like to see. Thanks.

  13. #13
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    Is that still possible given I finished up my pct in November last year? I haven't cycled since then.
    I'm just pulling your chain to get a laugh. You need blood work first and foremost. But yes, if they are lagging it may help. DO NOT DO THIS until you figure out what's going on. You don't want to fight a dragon with a stick. Neither do you want to use compounds to fix one thing not knowing the underlying issue.

  14. #14
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    I'm just pulling your chain to get a laugh. You need blood work first and foremost. But yes, if they are lagging it may help. DO NOT DO THIS until you figure out what's going on. You don't want to fight a dragon with a stick. Neither do you want to use compounds to fix one thing not knowing the underlying issue.
    I've got blood work, tonnes of stuff on that so what do you guys want to see? What do you mean don't do this....? HCG ?

  15. #15
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,515
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    Is there such thing as a light cycle? I'm going to go on a cut soon and dont want to lose the size/strength I've put on during my bulk. I was trying to avoid going on cycle looking at alternatives but there just aren't any....

    My concern are the sides, I went on a poorly informed cycle last summer and as a result my nuts shrunk permanently, and believe it's caused some issues with my pituitary gland as I have high prolactin levels, which I'm trying to sort out with my Dr. I'm also 40 and don't want to fuck with my bodies chemistry too much, at this age shit really starts changing so want to be careful.

    So if I did decide to go on cycle, what would you recommend I take to maximize low bf% while maintaining my current size/strength?
    Wats your bf% now?

  16. #16
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    I've got blood work, tonnes of stuff on that so what do you guys want to see? What do you mean don't do this....? HCG?
    Can you post up your recent blood work results?

  17. #17
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Wats your bf% now?
    20% bf

  18. #18
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    Can you post up your recent blood work results?
    Don't have enough posts to share a pic or link so you need to tell what you want to see and I'll give you the numbers.

  19. #19
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My HOME GYM
    Posts
    13,246
    Your first mistake is cycling with very high bf. Have you developed any gyno from the first cycle? What did you use first cycle?

  20. #20
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Your first mistake is cycling with very high bf. Have you developed any gyno from the first cycle? What did you use first cycle?
    I'm not starting yet, going to start in mid April, and probably not that bad, I should be able to bring it down to 15% by then. Not sure exactly, it was a test with anavar ,didnt develop any gyno.

  21. #21
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My HOME GYM
    Posts
    13,246
    Cutting 5% bf takes some work but it makes a difference for a cycle. What was your pct?

  22. #22
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,612
    My recommendation is cardio and diet. AAS does not cut bodyfat, your diet dictates this. AAS helps to preserve muscle. Unless you are competing, i would not use AAS

  23. #23
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150
    Yes I know what I need to do with diet/cardio, I'll have that on check before I start.

    What would the experts like to see regarding blood work? As stated, Dr. said besides the prolactin issue, which I am sorting out with him first, says everything falls within normal ranges.

  24. #24
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    150
    What would you guys suggest for a calorie deficit on the above cycle? It's usually 500 but can I be more aggressive without compromising size/strength?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •