Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Testosterone level mortality question

  1. #1
    Xplosive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22

    Testosterone level mortality question

    Who would die earlier? A man with a testosterone level of 150 ng/dl or a man on trt with a level of 1600 ng/dl?

  2. #2
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    This is just a talking point. There are way too many variables to determine this. Why are you asking?

  3. #3
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My HOME GYM
    Posts
    13,246
    There's a billion possible variables. There's no rules or exact calculation look at some 95 year old 2 pack per day alcoholics.

  4. #4
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,257
    Interesting question. All things being equal, if that's possible in this hypothetical then low testosterone is by far worse than high testosterone . Both physically and mentally. Obesity and heart disease, to name a couple are far more prevalent with low T.

    Considering I've seen both sides of T levels, from living with a 59 ng/dl level for who knows how long to consistent T levels via TRT. Not to mention some levels far beyond the norm. Not sure how that happens......it just does.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  5. #5
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    There's no doubt I'd rather die at 1600ng vs 150. But it's just an impossible thing to determine with so many variables. Literally, hundreds of them. Lol.

  6. #6
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,257
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    There's no rules or exact calculation look at some 95 year old 2 pack per day alcoholics.

    That always amazes me.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  7. #7
    DocToxin8's Avatar
    DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Land of the screwed
    Posts
    2,157
    I agree with Kel, all things being equal, I think very low T will be more unhealthy than high T. But in practice it will be impossible to tell though.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
    Who would die earlier? A man with a testosterone level of 150 ng/dl or a man on trt with a level of 1600 ng/dl?
    I would say that the guy with 1600 ng/dl would die first. Why? Because he'd be trying to bed anyone he can with all that Test in his system. Then his wife'll find out and kill him. LOL

  9. #9
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    4,222
    I'd say E2 levels make an important determinant out of the equation.

    If kept in check, slight ultra-physiological levels won't deal any damage to vital systems, imo.

    The man with 150 ng/dl (that was my pre-TRT reading lol) according to scientific literature has more odds of developing metabolic syndrome.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    I would say that the guy with 1600 ng/dl would die first. Why? Because he'd be trying to bed anyone he can with all that Test in his system.
    If only that worked for me too!

  10. #10
    Xplosive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    This is just a talking point. There are way too many variables to determine this. Why are you asking?
    Because if you read my past posts (been a member of this site for 13 years), I never recovered after my last cycle. I started taking aas at age 20 and was shutdown by age 25.

    Went on trt at 30 after 5 years of hell. Didn't feel good at the dosage my doc was prescribing. My levels on 100mg a week were 800 but still had problems with boners so decided to self medicate with 250mg week TE. My levels are around 1500 and I feel great.

    I'm now 36 and will be staying on this dosage for life.

  11. #11
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,257
    Just be sure you monitor your blood work closely.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  12. #12
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
    Because if you read my past posts (been a member of this site for 13 years), I never recovered after my last cycle. I started taking aas at age 20 and was shutdown by age 25.

    Went on trt at 30 after 5 years of hell. Didn't feel good at the dosage my doc was prescribing. My levels on 100mg a week were 800 but still had problems with boners so decided to self medicate with 250mg week TE. My levels are around 1500 and I feel great.

    I'm now 36 and will be staying on this dosage for life.
    I read it all. I wasn't being rude, I was asking why you ask this question, especially with 0 scenarios. It's an impossible question to even guess at due to the many variables not given.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •