Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: dropping test out when cutting ?

  1. #1
    leanmachine6's Avatar
    leanmachine6 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    227

    dropping test out when cutting ?

    currently on a cut for the next 10 weeks, was running 750mg test with couple other compounds, would i be better off dropping the test down to about 250mg a week for the last 5 weeks ? using eq and tren too.

  2. #2
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,515
    Stats Ht wt age # of cycles ran.

  3. #3
    lntense's Avatar
    lntense is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    96
    Is your e2 under control? If so then why would you want drop the test.


    Or are you experience any negative sides from running high dose test with the tren ?

  4. #4
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Are you competing?

  5. #5
    Marcus G's Avatar
    Marcus G is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,048
    If your competing and a week or so out from a show then you could consider dropping test out. Any other time I wouldn't recommend it because it's not going to help you loose fat quicker. On the other hand I wouldn't be running 750mg test trying to cut, however that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Marcus G; 04-04-2017 at 07:24 AM.

  6. #6
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus G View Post
    If your competing and a week or so out from a show then you could consider dropping test out. Any other time I wouldn't recommend it because it's not going to help you loose fat quicker. On the other hand I wouldn't be running 750mg test trying to cut, however that's just my opinion.
    Precisely what I was getting at. If competing, sure, I could see it. And I like low test (300-350mgs) to cut, if I'm relying on test as my primary component. When I cut, my test goes south of 100mgs a lot of times.

  7. #7
    Marcus G's Avatar
    Marcus G is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    Precisely what I was getting at. If competing, sure, I could see it. And I like low test (300-350mgs) to cut, if I'm relying on test as my primary component. When I cut, my test goes south of 100mgs a lot of times.
    Yh I'm a big fan of having my test dose around 200-250 during contest prep even off season is never go above 650mg

  8. #8
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus G View Post
    Yh I'm a big fan of having my test dose around 200-250 during contest prep even off season is never go above 650mg
    That's a good thing. I usually use a gram during the off-season, but that's what I've used for years and it works for me. There really is no need in anyone going that high. I do know that during contest prep, for most of my guys anyways, I'll have them drop test completely 2 to 3 weeks out. These days I rarely run test as a primary for myself and like to keep it low. I do prefer my e2 just slightly high because I'm a much gentler person and I feel better.

  9. #9
    petemitchell30 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    186
    Fellas why is higher dose test bad for cutting? I understand competitions are different (or at least I assume), but I was under the impression that the water retention that came with test was a result of higher levels of E2, and that if you controlled E2 then you wouldn't look "puffy." Am I incorrect?

    Does high dose test make it hard to lose fat? Seems as though it would activate androgen receptors and promote lipolysis. Is this incorrect?
    Last edited by petemitchell30; 04-04-2017 at 09:21 PM.

  10. #10
    Marcus G's Avatar
    Marcus G is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by petemitchell30 View Post
    Fellas why is higher dose test bad for cutting? I understand competitions are different (or at least I assume), but I was under the impression that the water retention that came with test was a result of higher levels of E2, and that if you controlled E2 then you wouldn't look "puffy." Am I incorrect?

    Does high dose test make it hard to lose fat? Seems as though it would activate androgen receptors and promote lipolysis. Is this incorrect?
    The problem with high test during cutting is that you'll have to take alot more AI to lower e2 and e2 isn't solely responsible for bloat and water retention. Also why would you want test to ocupie androgen receptors when you could have tren or Winstrol that works alot better for the purpose you specified

  11. #11
    petemitchell30 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus G View Post
    The problem with high test during cutting is that you'll have to take alot more AI to lower e2 and e2 isn't solely responsible for bloat and water retention. Also why would you want test to ocupie androgen receptors when you could have tren or Winstrol that works alot better for the purpose you specified
    I can't speak for others, but I'm laying off the tren and winstrol for a while because they are so harsh on your cholesterol (among other things). This thread interests me, because my next cycle is a high test + anavar cycle, and I want to look as defined as possible while on it. And I'm not "cutting" per say, but I'd like to go from 12 or 13% bodyfat to under 10% in the 12 weeks I plan to run my cycle, and not look bloated or puffy during the process.

    In your opinion is this possible running 750mg of test cyp per week?

  12. #12
    Marcus G's Avatar
    Marcus G is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by petemitchell30 View Post
    I can't speak for others, but I'm laying off the tren and winstrol for a while because they are so harsh on your cholesterol (among other things). This thread interests me, because my next cycle is a high test + anavar cycle, and I want to look as defined as possible while on it. And I'm not "cutting" per say, but I'd like to go from 12 or 13% bodyfat to under 10% in the 12 weeks I plan to run my cycle, and not look bloated or puffy during the process.

    In your opinion is this possible running 750mg of test cyp per week?
    It's hard for me to stay because I don't know how your body handles test but I can tell you a few things 1. 750mg wouldn't work for me and 2. Diet and cardio will gel you down to them number not so much the androgens. Maybe something like clen or even simple caffeine

  13. #13
    Marcus G's Avatar
    Marcus G is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,048
    Deleted
    Last edited by Marcus G; 04-05-2017 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Duplicate post

  14. #14
    lntense's Avatar
    lntense is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by petemitchell30 View Post
    Fellas why is higher dose test bad for cutting? I understand competitions are different (or at least I assume), but I was under the impression that the water retention that came with test was a result of higher levels of E2, and that if you controlled E2 then you wouldn't look "puffy." Am I incorrect?

    Does high dose test make it hard to lose fat? Seems as though it would activate androgen receptors and promote lipolysis. Is this incorrect?
    No, but it is more difficult to control e2, and it can really increase appetite in some. Additionally with higher e2 I end up craving the bad shit like donuts, ice cream, and soda lol.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •