• 1 Post By MToption2
  • 3 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By Ashop

Thread: Sex Headache

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

Sex Headache

What is causing it?

Right at climax I get a extreme intense headache (the one that I put my hat on).
    It comes on in an instant and literally makes me think my skull is gonna explode.
    This is the third time I have experienced this.

Could it be clomid/nolva?
    Thats all I am taking at this time.

It is like my head is in a vice for about an hour. The scary part though is how fast it hits. It goes from "just fine" to "what the fuck!" In about two seconds.

Smart asses welcome I reckon.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Headaches after orgasm are not all that uncommon. I get them periodically myself. No real reason I can attribute them too.

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditio...g-bad-headache

There's a bunch more info out there about this too.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    Headaches after orgasm are not all that uncommon. I get them periodically myself. No real reason I can attribute them too.

Orgasm Can Bring Bad Headache

There's a bunch more info out there about this too.
    Thanks man, I read all about them and birth control can cause them in women.
    I was thinking maybe the clomid and nolva could be doing some weird crap to my brain.
    There is a million causes but I just literally traded out orgasms for an extreme kick to the head.
    My head is still throbbing. No pun intennded.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That s a hard one to diagnose.

I know my GF also gets em sometimes after climax, but never repeatedly in a row, it seemed to me it me be caused by tension in the neck, as when she got it the first time it was almost scary bad, but disappeared with some massage.

You're probably thigh as a drum in your neck/trapezius muscle,
    if not I have no idea.
    I've experienced a lot of shit that cheats me out of climax, so I feel you man.
    Obs and The Deadlifting Dog like this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Post coitus headaches are often a result of someone performing a very hard Valsalva maneuver. There are breathing therapies similar to what power lifters and fighter pilots do to help mitigate this effect. Sometimes they are purely neurological in nature, if that's the case. A person typically has a history of migraines already. A third cause can be mechanical pressure in the upper neck and base of the skull, where some type of body work (chiropractic, Physio therapy, massage) from 6-12 weeks can help relieve it. Typically this is compression of the cervical nerves from some sort of spinal misalignment or muscular imbalance.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 04-20-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    That s a hard one to diagnose.

I know my GF also gets em sometimes after climax, but never repeatedly in a row, it seemed to me it me be caused by tension in the neck, as when she got it the first time it was almost scary bad, but disappeared with some massage.

You're probably thigh as a drum in your neck/trapezius muscle,
    if not I have no idea.
    I've experienced a lot of shit that cheats me out of climax, so I feel you man.
    My neck stays tight, its enormous and disproportional to my body. Dont know if its a contributor of not.
    Good news os they say these never last that long except in strange cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Post coitus headaches are after a result of someone performing a very hard Valsalva maneuver. There are breathing therapies similar to what power lifters and fighter pilots do to help mitigate this effect. Sometimes they are purely neurological in nature, if that's the case. A person typically has a history of migraines already. A third cause can be mechanical pressure in the upper neck and base of the skull, where some type of body work (chiropractic, Physio therapy, massage) from 6-12 weeks can help relieve it. Typically this is compression of the cervical nerves from some sort of spinal misalignment or muscular imbalance.
    I will get the dictionary and find out what that one maneuver means.

Obs
    Post coitus headaches are after a result of someone performing a very hard Valsalva maneuver. There are breathing therapies similar to what power lifters and fighter pilots do to help mitigate this effect. Sometimes they are purely neurological in nature, if that's the case. A person typically has a history of migraines already. A third cause can be mechanical pressure in the upper neck and base of the skull, where some type of body work (chiropractic, Physio therapy, massage) from 6-12 weeks can help relieve it. Typically this is compression of the cervical nerves from some sort of spinal misalignment or muscular imbalance.
    Ues it could be me holding my breath too hard. I will try breathing through it next time.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I mean apart from what has been mentioned above about tension etc, have you taken to your BP lately?
    Obs likes this.

MToption2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    What is causing it?

Right at climax I get a extreme intense headache (the one that I put my hat on).
    It comes on in an instant and literally makes me think my skull is gonna explode.

It is like my head is in a vice for about an hour. The scary part though is how fast it hits. It goes from "just fine" to "what the fuck!" In about two seconds.

I had this issue with Clomid.
    Obs likes this.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    What is causing it?

pinched nerve and or pressure on your spinal cord caused by compressed vertebrae... Almost guarantee.
    I had a major incident back in 2009 where I thought I had an aneurism while doing leg presses. I went to the emergency room and they did a spinal tap to rule it out. Long story short... Went to a neurologist and found out thru Cat scans and MRI that I have degenerate disc disease and have compression at C5, C6 and one other lower down.
    The point to the story is that I couldn't have sex for a couple months without getting a Excruciating headache...exactly like my head was going to pop at any second. This is caused by pressure on the spinal cord due to lack of cartilage between vertebrae...
    Was supposed to have surgery but opted out and deal with the pain daily. The headaches subsided as the swelling went down but every so often if I irritate my neck they come back for a few days.
    Go get checked asap.
    Obs likes this.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    My wife kinda has the same problem but normally she gets a headache before its time to have sex.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus G View Post
    I mean apart from what has been mentioned above about tension etc, have you taken to your BP lately?
    My bp is high, Kel has been helping me with it and he helped me bring it down a lot. I dont think its bp related because I was upper 180's/ 110 or so for a time with a rpr of 100 and it wasnt an issue then. Now my bp is about 157/100 rpr 89
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    pinched nerve and or pressure on your spinal cord caused by compressed vertebrae... Almost guarantee.
    I had a major incident back in 2009 where I thought I had an aneurism while doing leg presses. I went to the emergency room and they did a spinal tap to rule it out. Long story short... Went to a neurologist and found out thru Cat scans and MRI that I have degenerate disc disease and have compression at C5, C6 and one other lower down.
    The point to the story is that I couldn't have sex for a couple months without getting a Excruciating headache...exactly like my head was going to pop at any second. This is caused by pressure on the spinal cord due to lack of cartilage between vertebrae...
    Was supposed to have surgery but opted out and deal with the pain daily. The headaches subsided as the swelling went down but every so often if I irritate my neck they come back for a few days.
    Go get checked asap.
    Thanks man, I hope its not spine related.
    Btw the last headache I got last night lasted into this morning. Was spooky for a minute, it onset so fast I thought I was stroking out.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by MToption2 View Post
    I had this issue with Clomid.
    I suspect clomid because of my wonderful vision tracers in lowlight conditions.
    I do not like the sides to the point I have considered trt and blasting and cruising for life.
    Its kinda like a marriage though and I am not ready to commit.
    I figure three or four weeks of hell is worth it still.

MToption2 is offline Associate Member
    I suspect clomid because of my wonderful vision tracers in lowlight conditions.
    I do not like the sides to the point I have considered trt and blasting and cruising for life.
    Its kinda like a marriage though and I am not ready to commit.
    I figure three or four weeks of hell is worth it still.
    I can't say for sure if Clomid was responsible. Literally never checked anything. This was years ago so my memory of it isn't that great. Good luck to you man.
    Obs likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    With your diet and BP its probably a stroke.

Funny how you try to blame something else.
    numbere, Obs and songdog like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

Time will tell.... clock is ticking.

Obs
    Post coitus headaches are often a result of someone performing a very hard Valsalva maneuver. There are breathing therapies similar to what power lifters and fighter pilots do to help mitigate this effect. Sometimes they are purely neurological in nature, if that's the case. A person typically has a history of migraines already. A third cause can be mechanical pressure in the upper neck and base of the skull, where some type of body work (chiropractic, Physio therapy, massage) from 6-12 weeks can help relieve it. Typically this is compression of the cervical nerves from some sort of spinal misalignment or muscular imbalance.

You nailed it. I breathed through it. No ache. Thanks btw! Remind me, IOU a plesant orgasm.
    Last edited by Obs; 04-21-2017 at 01:53 AM.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

High BP can definitely cause nasty headaches and obviously a bad diet can cause high BP issues.
    songdog likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    High BP can definitely cause nasty headaches and obviously a bad diet can cause high BP issues.
    Could be a combination of things. Breathing through it fixed the problem.
    If I stroke out and wind up with a limited vocabulary, I will still get on here and say, "Suck it BB",
    Its your most commonly used words that you are limited to in most cases, so it shouldn't be a problem at all to hold on to those three words.

geezuschrist is offline Associate Member
    I'm sorry but this made me chuckle. Forreal though kinda sucks

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Could be a combination of things. Breathing through it fixed the problem.
    If I stroke out and wind up with a limited vocabulary, I will still get on here and say, "Suck it BB",
    Its your most commonly used words that you are limited to in most cases, so it shouldn't be a problem at all to hold on to those three words.
    I dont get your humor.

Sincerely hope nothing of what you said happen.

Thread Information